As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conduit: Wii FPS and graphics engine [56k go to hell!]

1235»

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I've been watching alot of videos of this lately.

Holy shit, looks fucking awesome. I've yet to play a true first-person shooter on the Wii, so this should be nice to start out with.

I'm actually considering pre-ordering to get the few goodies that are available, which is something I never do.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone seen the new trailer yet?

Looks pretty wicked - they should definitely shorten it and use it for TV commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlyZd_EW2t4&eurl=

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The new trailer doesn't look half bad.

Are we going to post our friend codes for multiplayer?

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like how they got the movie trailer guy to do a voiceover

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Anyone seen the multiplayer videos in IGN yet? Looks pretty good. Kinda Perfect Dark-ish.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to buy the shit out of this game. Just so you guys know. I'm getting a great Perfect Dark vibe from the video, and that can't be a bad thing.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Did they show the all seeing eye in the multiplayer trailer or is that just a single player thing?

I was just wondering if it would fit or work and I can not seem to wrap my head around that.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Some youtube links of the multiplayer videos from IGN:

Multiplayer footage #1 (Alleyway):
    Multiplayer footage #2 (Melee Kill):
    Multiplayer footage #3 (Motion Controlled Weapon):
    Grenades and explosions oh MY!!:
    Bounty Hunting for fun and points (watch your back!):

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    Did they show the all seeing eye in the multiplayer trailer or is that just a single player thing?

I was just wondering if it would fit or work and I can not seem to wrap my head around that.

They've got two modes in multiplayer that involves ASE:

1) Death match style football ASE : try to hold the ASE the longest as possible to get the most points. As soon as you get it though, everyone is alerted to it and they get a nice big juicy target on you. Oh, and one more thing, you can only use melee attacks and nades while using ASE. :)

2) Team mode ASE flag:
    a) Classic CTF mode: each side has a different colored ASE to steal and defend.
    b) Football ASE mode: one ASE, each team member tries to hold it as long as possible before getting decimated - and this mode should probably have lots of nades and strictly uses rocket launchers.

Again, once you have the ASE, you can only throw nades and melee.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Game looks pretty great, still

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So guys, is this good?

Because a lot of UK retailers seems to be pricing it at around half price before release.

LewieP on
  • Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    So guys, is this good?

Because a lot of UK retailers seems to be pricing it at around half price before release.

Yes.

Single player is ho-hum, been there-done that corridor shooter; multiplayer is a blast.

I'd scan through the thread I linked for a variety of opinions. We have a growing group of people playing online together.

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    So guys, is this good?

The best way I can describe it is "Perfect Dark 2009"

If you loved Perfect Dark back in the day--Single Player that was awesome with a silly plot and Multiplayer that was awesome, you'll enjoy it. It's Perfect Dark reborn on the Wii.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop