As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Ravenholdt still only 35% on [General Chat And Questions] vendor

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is it a mistake to level a pally as Prot? I mean, the retribution tree is there with its crits and such. I just kill things so slowly that I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    harvest wrote: »
    Is it a mistake to level a pally as Prot? I mean, the retribution tree is there with its crits and such. I just kill things so slowly that I feel like I must be doing something wrong.
    No, some may say it's the bestest.

Like me. That's what I say.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    harvest wrote: »

With Prot you need to do your killing in bulk. All of your fights take the same amount of time to end, so kill the Costco way.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Yeah, this one works.

So, chatting. I'm about out of goals on my main. Soon as my new Spellstrike Pants and FSW boots are gemmed, I really don't have anything else practical for her to do. So it's gonna be alting time again.

No badge gear?

I have 12 badges of justice. This represents the sum total of every badge I have ever earned. I can only instance run one night a week, and since my guild consists of myself/best friend/his wife you might understand why I have to PuG any heroics I can get that night. My first few attempts at heroics didn't go so well, although my gear is better now (I've gotten FSW/Spellstrike since then and switched to my HH mageblade).

So no, for me badge gear does not represent a practical goal. And while the new dailies mean the epic flying mount is technically about 2 months away, the idea of doing nothing but the dailies for two months does not appeal to me. And while I've actually toyed with a little PvP (I can't believe I'm actually *up* to 8 honor kills now) it doesn't interest me either.

I'm not complaining, quite the opposite this is a borderline brag. I'm "done", more or less, with my main until WotLK. So now I want to see how many of my alts I can get there with :lol:

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Prot paladin-ing is like a cult in a way.

Also that gnome warrior app is priceless.

Edit: TheEmerged, I like your attitude. :^:

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »

Also that gnome warrior app is priceless.

Edit: TheEmerged, I like your attitude. :^:

Except we don't require hanging out at airports.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    so I guess my guild is kinda splitting up, and since I haven't raided in a long ass time the new guild/thing is moving on without me

my semester ends in a week, and I will probably have time to start raiding again

are BT/hyjal great enough to warrant me getting back into p25s again, with a new guild?

on that same note

is anybody looking for an [alliance, pvp or pve] prot or holy paladin with full tier 4 equivalent gear

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    so I guess my guild is kinda splitting up, and since I haven't raided in a long ass time the new guild/thing is moving on without me

my semester ends in a week, and I will probably have time to start raiding again

are BT/hyjal great enough to warrant me getting back into p25s again, with a new guild?

on that same note

is anybody looking for an [alliance, pvp or pve] prot or holy paladin with full tier 4 equivalent gear

Come on down to Windrunner it's what it needs yet another alliance player
    [tiny] Really you come there there is tons of guilds looking for holy paladins and sometimes protection one so you could have tier 6 stuff within weeks [/tiny]

please don't think of the horde that are there like me

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

on that same note

Hyjal is pretty awesome. BM the raid instance.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I prefer low pop servers but I'm easy

also

if any of you horde people want a hilariously bad geared warrior for pve purposes, I have uh a tier 3 sword?

sexy sexy?

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hyjal is pretty awesome. BM the raid instance.

This.

Yes I think if you do enjoy raiding at all that Hyjal and BT are worth trying to get into. Some very cool fights and visuals in there.

riz on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »

Its because we do something that no one else can do.

Make people go WHOA

No other class can quite come close to such obvious displays of bravado

a warrior could multi-tank four mobs, and I'd be fucking impressed, more so than someone should be by me tanking all of BM trash at once.

but to the uneducated, mine looks much more impressive

no one is going to go WHOA on a healer for saving the tank in the nick of time (except the tank i love you healers)

people might go whoa on a DPSer if he cranks out some particularly big numbers bu thats only if they're watching

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    sometimes people go "whoa" at how fast I manage to die on trash pulls in raids.
    ... not the same thing, what?

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    How are you guys doing as far as Sunwell progression is concerned?

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Those are the apps that make you want to say, "Listen, kid, before you hit the Submit button, read your app again. Would you invite you to the guild based on this ?'

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I still don't think you'll enjoy it as a Holy Paladin much.

However if you can get in as Prot I think Hyjal will make all your dicks come (At least 8 of them).

BT and Hyjal really were the best designed raids from TBC, I haven't seen enough of Sunwell to include it though.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I still don't think you'll enjoy it as a Holy Paladin much.

However if you can get in as Prot I think Hyjal will make all your dicks come (At least 8 of them).

BT and Hyjal really were the best designed raids from TBC, I haven't seen enough of Sunwell to include it though.

It's not the tanking per se that gives me the stiffy, it's knowing that some dev somewhere is crying because I'm making his challenge a joke.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well I'm pretty sure Jim hates holy too.

He should start raiding on his War (We need an MS Warrior! I think! People keep arguing about them, without asking the only warrior we have is opnion! Exclamataion points!)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

He should start raiding on his War (We need an MS Warrior! I think! People keep arguing about them, without asking the only warrior we have is opnion! Exclamataion points!)

That brings up the important point of....who does like holy?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Someone said in the Paladin thread a while ago, if you like the simplicity it's fine.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was hoping we'd see some more leaks of WotLK stuff from the FnF alpha.

One of you people has to know someone who knows someone who has an ex-boyfriend whose roommate used to be a roadie for Aerosmith who happened to bump into someone once that was in the old FnF alphas.

Talk to them and start posting some shit here. You can even preface it with "I'm totally making this up (wink wink)".

Halfmex on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I ran across something good yesterday, knocking out group quests on my druid in netherstorm ran across a priest who was 45points in shadow without vampiric touch or shadowform cause "so i can heal myself" kept me amused but today... well look if you dare!
    enhance1uh4.jpg
    but it gets better
    enhance2ll3.jpg
    that's right 41 points in enhance with no DW and using a 1hander + Shield

Huh...

I was gonna say I've never played a Shaman, but doesn't a Shield offer a second slot for Resto specced to get some bonuses, but usually used for Resto-based shields?

Then I saw his spec.
    Then I cried.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    iadrianiadrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

That brings up the important point of....who does like holy?

Someone who's never tried Prot?

Hell, or Ret for that matter.

iadrian on
    Brawl: 2964-8274-9230
    D/P: 2621-2512-5050
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    if you pvp as an enhancement shaman, you damn well should able to swap to a shield when you're focused.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    iadrianiadrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    kaleedity wrote: »
    if you pvp as an enhancement shaman, you damn well should able to swap to a shield when you're focused.

But you don't spec out of DW. With his spec, it doesn't matter if he's focus fired, since he's destroyed his damage anyways.

D:

iadrian on
    Brawl: 2964-8274-9230
    D/P: 2621-2512-5050
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My GL used to be have a hunter for his main. But then he decided hunters suck. So then he leveled a holy pally and uses it as his main. He'll put on some prot gear to help guildies out with a 5-man, but he won't spec for it. He is holy, through and through.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd see some more leaks of WotLK stuff from the FnF alpha.

One of you people has to know someone who knows someone who has an ex-boyfriend whose roommate used to be a roadie for Aerosmith who happened to bump into someone once that was in the old FnF alphas.

Talk to them and start posting some shit here. You can even preface it with "I'm totally making this up (wink wink)".

Well, the first stage of the alpha really is only like Blizzard employees, as far as what I know of BC's timeline. They'd been testing an earlier version before they got more codes to give out to their actual friends and family members for the next push. The non-employees are the ones more likely to start leaking things.

Edit: Also we're not looking for an MS warrior so much as people want our fury warrior to go MS to provide raid buffage, but he doesn't want to.

riz on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

on that same note

Jim

Jim

We aren't splitting up

We're merely going into a cocoon and changing
    Changing into a beautiful butterfly that downed Vashj for the second time and Kael and Anetheron for the first time this week.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

on that same note

Jim

Jim

We aren't splitting up

Changing into a beautiful butterfly that downed Vashj for the second time and Kael and Anetheron for the first time this week.

it's more being sick of dark iron than anything

also you would be in that raid, and I don't wanna go

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

holol

armory jimsuya and switch my pvp trinket for a hit trinket and bam you got my pve gear

I somehow think my warrior shouldn't set his sights so high

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well maybe if it was on Sar-oh wait

I just find it funny that people debate over his spec so much (And it just goes in circle)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I just find it funny that people debate over his spec so much (And it just goes in circle)

He just needs to spec for wound poison. :lol:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Eh what can he say? He's the Britney Spears of chat threads.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Someone said in the Paladin thread a while ago, if you like the simplicity it's fine.

I imagine it'd be pretty nice as a raid leader.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    leading raids as a holy paladin is actually totally balls, 'cause you always have to focus on grid and constantly heal cancel

leading anything as a healer sucks actually

know what go ahead and upgrade that to healing sucks

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    No u, lifebloom is awesome.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Once in AV some shaman hit my Warrior with Earthshield.

i was impressed

Seg on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'm going to have to agree with Septus and go with not-uh on this one.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »

I'm going to have to agree with Septus and go with not-uh on this one.

Tree > Everything

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

on that same note

Jim

Jim

We aren't splitting up

it's more being sick of dark iron than anything

also you would be in that raid, and I don't wanna go

But Jim I need you.

And I'm totally better then Theran.

Transporter on
This discussion has been closed.