As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Ravenholdt still only 35% on [General Chat And Questions] vendor

• Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Hunters don't jump 30 feet into the air and hack naga in two with one blow. But heh, feign death feign death!

don't underestimate the power of Mongoose Bite

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Those cinematics are a pack of lies

A tauren using a tree as a weapon.
    A priest using a battle res.
    A warlock controlling two infernals at once.
    The mage casting spells with no global cooldown.
    A Draenei paladin actually dealing damage.
    That same paladin casting a spell which makes his armour glow.

Mc zany on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the tree was a mace style weapon
    the priest was ooc, which was possible because it was outdoors, not a dungeon
    no idea
    lol haste

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mc zany wrote: »

Hunter loot.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    Mc zany wrote: »

Hunter loot.

Is a gnome counted as one as well?

And remember that was this was well
    Twig of the World Tree

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok so I was looking over the assumed WoTLK talents for priests, and came across this....

* Psychic Horror - "Causes your Psychic Scream spell to have a chance to Fear the target in horror for 4 sec." (Shadow)

What the hell does that mean? What is the difference???

Doesnt Psychic Scream already fear the target in horror?

Arch on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It means it will go through normal fear immunities like WotF and Berserker Rage like Death Coil does.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arch wrote: »
    Ok so I was looking over the assumed WoTLK talents for priests, and came across this....

* Psychic Horror - "Causes your Psychic Scream spell to have a chance to Fear the target in horror for 4 sec." (Shadow)

What the hell does that mean? What is the difference???

Doesn't Psychic Scream already fear the target in horror?

Fear & Horror are different mechanics. Sorta like Stealth & Invisibility.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I posted this in the Paladin thread, but I'm going to post it here too.

Does anyone feel like helping me get my Paladins epic mount? My guild is being a bunch cocks.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hate to be the dolt to keep stupiding up this thread, but I need a little help.

So I started the game over last night, with a Draenei. After two years off, starting from scratch is not as much fun as I remember. So I think I'll ditch that idea.

Instead, I've got 2 60s from back in the day - a human paladin and a NE priest. The problem is, there are all of these...icons, buttons....running across the bottom of my screen. They're spells, skills, etc. Problem is, I don't remember what any of them do! I tried with the paladin for a bit but I was clueless. On top of that, I assume so much has changed about my characters' abilities in the last two years that I just need to respec and start over. So is there a site or guide that could help me?

Ohio on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ohio wrote: »
    I hate to be the dolt to keep stupiding up this thread, but I need a little help.

So I started the game over last night, with a Draenei. After two years off, starting from scratch is not as much fun as I remember. So I think I'll ditch that idea.

Instead, I've got 2 60s from back in the day - a human paladin and a NE priest. The problem is, there are all of these...icons, buttons....running across the bottom of my screen. They're spells, skills, etc. Problem is, I don't remember what any of them do! I tried with the paladin for a bit but I was clueless. On top of that, I assume so much has changed about my characters' abilities in the last two years that I just need to respec and start over. So is there a site or guide that could help me?

I know I really should go to bed but I think http://www.wowwiki.com/Main_Page might be the place to look?
    Or you could go back to a 20ish area and start slaming buttons to see what does what?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Does anyone feel like helping me get my Paladins epic mount? My guild is being a bunch cocks.

What time will you be on tonight? I can get folks together if it's early, I think we're doing ZA and/or Kara at 5:30ish.

It's DM West then Scholo, right? Do you need another Pally with stuff for it like the Warlock quest? I've helped on the Warlock chain a bunch of times but the last time I did the Pally chain was like 2 years ago.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »

What time will you be on tonight? I can get folks together if it's early, I think we're doing ZA and/or Kara at 5:30ish.

It's DM West then Scholo, right? Do you need another Pally with stuff for it like the Warlock quest? I've helped on the Warlock chain a bunch of times but the last time I did the Pally chain was like 2 years ago.
    Yes, it's DM then Scholo. Unfortunately I don't get home till around 5:30 though. Stupid work...... :(

I don't believe I need any other pallis. I've heard you needed them when 60 was the cap for different auras/seals/whatever, but I'm thinking that doesn't matter with 70's. I mean, for the DM part, all I have to do is kill the tree boss guy. And then in Scholo, I think I only have to go as far as Rattlegore's room. (Not sure about the scholo part, I'll check on lunch)

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yes, it's DM then Scholo. Unfortunately I don't get home till around 5:30 though. Stupid work...... :(

I don't believe I need any other pallis. I've heard you needed them when 60 was the cap for different auras/seals/whatever, but I'm thinking that doesn't matter with 70's. I mean, for the DM part, all I have to do is kill the tree boss guy. And then in Scholo, I think I only have to go as far as Rattlegore's room. (Not sure about the scholo part, I'll check on lunch)

When judgments were on a longer cooldown it made a huge difference. Now with the 8 second cooldown it's a joke. Two paladins with good timing can lock the end mobs down. 5 paladins is a joke of massive proportions. Unless you're horde. I have no idea how their quest like goes.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So my roommate was aiming to quit the game and didn't want his account anymore. I gave him 30 bucks before finals ended for it, under the misguided rationale that I would be able to change the name on the account and just consolidate the characters on his account and mine into one. Blizzard's got an obtuse way of handling these things, though, and apparently I'm not able to change the name on the account, so that idea was something of a waste.

So, I have an account with 2 70s, 2 60s, and a couple lowbies that I apparently can't use. What should I do with it? I can't see a use for the thing aside from maybe trying to see how fast I can get banned doing stupid stuff.

Ein on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty sure the Horde charger only requires on instance run as long as your willing to throw a few buckets of gold at the problem to buy the various components needed. Then you just have to do some stuff in UD Strat and call it a day.

I think.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, that was fast.

silb2.gif

No epic goodies, though I got the vendorable fillet knife.

DVG wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Horde charger only requires on instance run as long as your willing to throw a few buckets of gold at the problem to buy the various components needed. Then you just have to do some stuff in UD Strat and call it a day.

I think.

If you can call clearing one trash pack of (mostly) nonelites and then the quest event an "instance run". Takes maybe 10 minutes.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ohio wrote: »

I'll assume you want to level. That means retri for the pala, and shadow for the priest.

What you should do first, remove all your abilities from all your bars. Then rebuild it, after respeccing.

For the priest talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bV0GzhZZxMhpMLRhtr seems a good idea to me. I chose 30% passive mana regen over the extra DoT for now (It feedbacks mana and is new, the 41pt shadow one). The reason for this is that when solo'ing, VT is not always a good investment. Be prepared to drink quite a bit though. I'm not 100% sure this is the right choice, I levelled a long time ago.

your main bar should hold at least: Shadow Word:Pain;Vamperic Embrace;Mind Blast;Mindflay;Shoot Wand;Star Shards(NE racial, it's good now!);Shield. Later on add Vamperic Touch and Shadow Word:Death. On a buff bar, you want PW:Fortitude, Fear Ward, Shadow Form, Shadow Resistance. Then you probably want a misc bar with tradeskills, mount, and a consumable bar with drinks and potions. Then a heal bar, for emergencies.

For retri: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZxbZVf0tocuiIot

Make a bar with Crusader Strike, Judgement, Seal of the Crusader, Seal of Command, Seal of Wisdom, Hammer of Justice, Repentance, Divine Shield, Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Freedom. A heal bar, quaffbar, Blessing bar and a misc bar.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah Horde pally quest is mostly a lot of running from Silvermoon to EPL and back, and spending some coin on the AH for dark runes and whatnot. Then there's an event in the chapel right near the back door of Stratholme, which involves fighting four (five?) ghost paladin NPCs. It's actually really cool. I did mine with my 60 prot paladin and a 70 prot paladin. The one that heals was annoying but it's quite easy.

Edit:
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Shadow Word:P
    Shadow Word:D

:lol:

riz on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So my roommate was aiming to quit the game and didn't want his account anymore. I gave him 30 bucks before finals ended for it, under the misguided rationale that I would be able to change the name on the account and just consolidate the characters on his account and mine into one. Blizzard's got an obtuse way of handling these things, though, and apparently I'm not able to change the name on the account, so that idea was something of a waste.

So, I have an account with 2 70s, 2 60s, and a couple lowbies that I apparently can't use. What should I do with it? I can't see a use for the thing aside from maybe trying to see how fast I can get banned doing stupid stuff.

Well, you can change the credit card info on his account to yours- and then transfer the characters one by one to your account, and then close it when you're done. But- that's $25 a pop on the transfers, and so it'll be over $150 (it sounds like) for you to do that.

Weigh that against the $15 a month to keep the account going- and the more than likely additional $50 when WotLK comes out.

'Sup to you.

Tach on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Well, that was fast.

silb2.gif

No epic goodies, though I got the vendorable fillet knife.

DVG wrote: »

I think.

If you can call clearing one trash pack of (mostly) nonelites and then the quest event an "instance run". Takes maybe 10 minutes.

That quest and most of the fishing quests are pretty fast, almost all of them have high drop rates. Most of the time you spend will be travel time.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Once while doing the biggest mudfish in the world quest I went through about 6 lures because I picked the wrong locations to fish in. I tried the two bodies of water near the alliance town then moved over to the body of water near the consortium camp and had much better luck.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Having little Muckbreath makes me so happy. He's adorable.

Except last night I was doing Baron runs for the mount and the pseudo-boyfriend was like "put that shit away, I keep thinking I pulled worms!" Like apparently the maggots that pop out of trap crates look really similar to the baby crocolisk so he'd start consecrating on instinct. :lol:

riz on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Well, that was fast.

silb2.gif

That quest and most of the fishing quests are pretty fast, almost all of them have high drop rates. Most of the time you spend will be travel time.
    True, though I had just 2-3 minutes left on my lure buff (from the previous day) when I landed on the lake and started fishing. It expired just as I'd fished up the last of five straight 2x shrimp fish. When I brought my other BE paladin in to fish earlier, I picked up about 5-6 non-quest fish and a few non-bite casts before I finished, and most of my quest fish only had 1 shrimp apiece.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    riz wrote: »
    pseudo-boyfriend

world of warcraft: making people uncomfortable for three and a half years (and counting!)

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tach wrote: »

Well, you can change the credit card info on his account to yours- and then transfer the characters one by one to your account, and then close it when you're done. But- that's $25 a pop on the transfers, and so it'll be over $150 (it sounds like) for you to do that.

Weigh that against the $15 a month to keep the account going- and the more than likely additional $50 when WotLK comes out.

'Sup to you.

That doesn't work, does it? I can put my own credit card info on there, but it's still his name on the account, so I won't be able to transfer the characters.

Ein on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The restriction is based on the name on the account, not the payment info.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind moving my 2 characters of importance onto the other account and just calling it a day.

Still doesn't help me figure out what to do with it, though.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind moving my 2 characters of importance onto the other account and just calling it a day.

Pay for two accounts, or just transfer all the money over. I don't think there's anything else to do.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    pseudo-boyfriend

world of warcraft: making people uncomfortable for three and a half years (and counting!)

:rotate:

riz on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    pseudo-boyfriend

:rotate:

Nowhere near as uncomfortable as when my former Aunt-in-law was explaining to her young children that they don't know anyone who was gay because they don't associate with anyone that wicked. I'm pretty sure she won't forgive me for opening my mouth.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, you're bisexual, so all is forgiven?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Nope, I later compounded the problem by giving her children the "Chronicles of Narina" because fantasy promotes witchcraft.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well hopefully her kids don't grow up as close minded as she is.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Well hopefully her kids don't grow up as close minded as she is.

I did my best to be as subversive as possible. I snuck them some Heinlein and Harry Potter, but I don't see them anymore so we'll see how they turn out.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PentPent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Pay for two accounts, or just transfer all the money over. I don't think there's anything else to do.

If you do use the account be very lowkey about it, as it is considered account sharing by blizzard and if a GM looks into your account you are risking a ban on both your friends account and your own (they ban all associated)

Pent on
    :winky:
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Nope, I later compounded the problem by giving her children the "Chronicles of Narina" because fantasy promotes witchcraft.

The Chronicles of Narnia is more christian then the book of mormon.

She's crazy.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

She's crazy.

Yes, yes she was.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

She's crazy.

Look, its a book. A book that isn't the bible. Of course it is meant to lead them astray.

Kartan on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Hey buddy. I just did the paladin mount quest for a guildie, took about an hour. PM me in game and I can take ya through.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
This discussion has been closed.