As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom announced

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually what is a bit harder than the legendary heroes one is a random scenario with the Winters Wrath mobs. Ice dragons are just death incarnate.

How do you beat Day of Reckoning? I got to about day 19 last time before losing my wizards guild[whereby my wizard instantly teleported out of the realm and i had no defensive spells with which to save my warrior]

My strategy was to upgrade my wizards guild to level 2, train wizards and leave a rogues guild for generating cash fast while buffing my knight and wizard when needed and making them invisible when they need to run]. I build wizards towers to cover my base and expanded only for money or to rush my library.

I couldn't ever kill the guy who spawns the spiders and when the 3 dark ones + 1 hunter came it overwhelmed me.

Also, Legendary Heroes is just a Crapshoot.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I never played the original, but undead skeletons with mohawks makes me very interested

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Play the original, its one of the more fun and original strategy games out there. It can also be one of the frustrating[stupid freaking level 50 wizard going home instead of turning around and nuking the enemies]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Actually what is a bit harder than the legendary heroes one is a random scenario with the Winters Wrath mobs. Ice dragons are just death incarnate.

How do you beat Day of Reckoning? I got to about day 19 last time before losing my wizards guild[whereby my wizard instantly teleported out of the realm and i had no defensive spells with which to save my warrior]

My strategy was to upgrade my wizards guild to level 2, train wizards and leave a rogues guild for generating cash fast while buffing my knight and wizard when needed and making them invisible when they need to run]. I build wizards towers to cover my base and expanded only for money or to rush my library.

I couldn't ever kill the guy who spawns the spiders and when the 3 dark ones + 1 hunter came it overwhelmed me.

Also, Legendary Heroes is just a Crapshoot.

Haven't played that one in a couple years. Once I get back up to it on the new machine I'll let you know :)

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sovereign, your thread has been necro'd.

So, I've been casually following the development of this game. It appears as though it will be released on Sept 11. The rumor mill is saying that the demo for the game will be released 2 weeks before that.

There's a gameplay video here:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Scipii/Majesty%202/?action=view&current=MindGame-Video1.flv

It leaves to question if it will still have the same cheesy style voices of the last one. Fake Sean Connery is my hero for sure. I'm still interested in this, but I'm pretty sure it's something I'll have to check the demo out for. My gaming time has plummeted lately and it's better to pick up games on the cheap side rather than on the new and shiny side.

Also, from checking around the forums, it will be on Steam.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They had better include the random map generator that the expansion had. I've gotten years of gameplay out of that thing, and I still haven't seen all the map settings it has to offer.

Majesty is the only game to date to consistently keep me coming back to it. Any time I feel bored, I just pop the Northern Expansion disk in, and sit down for a random match. The game has an incredible amount of depth, that, quite frankly, modern games can't rival these days.

If you haven't played it yet, you really should. The game hits all the right spots. The graphics are classical, but are at the top tier of the top-down era's graphics, so they're always pleasant to look at, the gameplay is innovative, and hasn't really been touched on, and the random map generator has some awesome options if you get the expansion.

The only flaws I ever noticed in the game is that there was no way to do a Player VS CPU kingdom match, except in that one scenario. That, along with the fact that there were only two huge sized random map settings, and neither had particularly difficult monsters blended in with the cannon fodder, once you got a hero or two above level ten.

If they can keep the entertaining nature of the first one, and fix that crap, this will be a day one purchase.

Archonex on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Indeed, only thing the original Majesty was missing was an option to have CPU Kingdoms on your cutom generated maps.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome. I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to have an updated version of the original. Glad to see someone bought the rights and made it happen!

travathian on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ooh, neato! Majesty is one of my favoritest games ever.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the original is awesome. Hopefully the sequel still equally awesome

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Going to dig up my copy of this awesome game that I got for my birthday when I was... 12? 13? Crap, I can't remember. Amazing game though.

"Leave my gold... Alone...."

Dunxco on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TAX COLLECTOR

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ergandar wrote: »
    TAX COLLECTOR

He had the campest voice in the entire game. And that's saying something, considering the Elf voices...

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dunxco wrote: »
    TAX COLLECTOR

He had the campest voice in the entire game. And that's saying something, considering the Elf voices...

You know the developers like their voice-overs when they include a hidden keystroke you can press, that gives you an entirely new set of voice-overs if you're clicking on something.

Catching your advisor in an elven brothel/gambling house was hilarious.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Didn't this game have multiplayer... Wouldn't it be great for PA multiplayer Majesty?

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The more I find out about Majesty 2, the more I get kinda disappointed. Apparently some things are going to be cut from the original for the sake of multiplayer.

Some of the decisions include:
    -Gnomes are not included
    -Lunord is gone :(
    -You may build any Temple with the only restrictions that you have to have them at 'divine' locations
    -You may build only one marketplace and trade posts can only be built at specified locations
    -Heroes have mana and require it to cast spells that aren't basic attacks
    -2 New flags are added, Protection and Fear
    -There is some sort of hero party system
    -Multiplayer for up to 4 players
    -There is support for modding

Majesty 2 Q&A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pib34OUz7U

Lets see how this goes.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't consider the loss of gnomes to be that big of a deal really. Multiplayer should add a lot to the game. I really hope they offer some sort of co-op campaign.

travathian on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    -Gnomes are not included

But, I'm just a gnome. :(

The gnomes were my favorite.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lunord was hellaciously overpowered in the original game, too, if you were looking to make an impenetrable defense.

Dudes could move at the speed of sound, and all they did was patrol your city and back up the town guard and heroes (If they were inside of your city.) if they got in over their heads.

Still, sad to see them go. The lack of them talking about certain features (Like the flipping random map generator!) makes me think this is going to be equivalent to them releasing an updated version of the original Majesty, and not an improvement on the Northern Expansion, which was awesome.

The temple thing is odd, too. Since it could easily be geared so that you can't choose where, or how, to build your city, depending on how it's set up.

Hopefully they'll let players make "mega-cities" still, that slowly grow to encompass the entire map.

Archonex on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Archonex wrote: »
    TAX COLLECTOR

You know the developers like their voice-overs when they include a hidden keystroke you can press, that gives you an entirely new set of voice-overs if you're clicking on something.

What? I didn't know about this. What button is it of which you speak?

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TAX COLLECTOR

What? I didn't know about this. What button is it of which you speak?

I honestly can't remember. I remember doing it back when Northern Expansion first came out, and haven't tried it since.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lunord was hellaciously overpowered in the original game, too, if you were looking to make an impenetrable defense.

Really, i thought they were all pretty weak compared to KROM! Barbs sucked, but the buff was uber. [One of my favorite strategies was to build enough income generation to consistently use that buff and then run around with a bunch of wizards and knights super-buffed all to hell]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Really, i thought they were all pretty weak compared to KROM! Barbs sucked, but the buff was uber. [One of my favorite strategies was to build enough income generation to consistently use that buff and then run around with a bunch of wizards and knights super-buffed all to hell]

Wah? Krom?

Their buff is good but nowhere near as kickass as healers + paladins + solari. Healers alone make every other guy you have insanely better. And if you don't have some kind of ressurect (eg: Krom) then you will never have high level wizards.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Krom is only really good if you're wanting to rush a win in a player versus player match, or relying on lots of rangers, who form parties with barbarians regularly.

Lunord's adept's are fucking ninjas. I once watched a single level one adept dodge-tank an ice dragon, straight to level seven, at which point he proceeded to bludgeon it to death with his staff.

That speed buff they have isn't just for movement, it maxes out their ability to dodge, too.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Dr. HaDr. Ha Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am not sure what I am to do without my gnomes.

Dr. Ha on
    "Grammar Puma Strikes Again!"
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hell yes.

And fuck, I can't find my original copies of Majesty, but gold edition is on GamersGate for 10 bux.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TAX COLLECTOR

Is it bad that when I read that his voice echoed inside my head?

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No gnomes....but support for modding?

I think I know what one of the most popular mods will be. :P

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TAX COLLECTOR

Is it bad that when I read that his voice echoed inside my head?

No, it only means that your brain is operating fabulously.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    We bought a 3000$ PC back in 1999 specifically to play video games.

I paid 2.99 for a Majesty demo disc. I had absolutely no idea how to play it.

I swapped back to Macs afterwards. Majesty was one of those games I always wanted to go back and figure out.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's pretty easy once you figure out "I have no control over these NPCs outside of sticking down bounties and exploration rewards." That and getting the right combination of religious temples up.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Plus making money, which I think amounted mostly to building a ton of inns and doing some extortion. The manual was useless for telling you how much your damn buildings would cost, and how much money they'd generate. Documentation is hard, I guess.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Majesty was the balls. It was both awesome and frustrating when your knights and wizards would sit around in their homes ignoring your pitiful bounty. JUST GO KILL THAT FUCKING THING YOU PRIMA DONNAS!

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Majesty was the balls. It was both awesome and frustrating when your knights and wizards would sit around in their homes ignoring your pitiful bounty. JUST GO KILL THAT FUCKING THING YOU PRIMA DONNAS!

This so hard. There are times when you'll have problems of the Dragon variety, and your level 10 Paladin will take it upon themselves to go hunt down the local ratmen coming from the sewers instead.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I loved the original for the reasons that made it frustrating. All the NPC's have attitudes like 5 year olds. "That's all i'm getting? Fuck you!"

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Obviously the heroes belived that, since this is a video game, that the apocaliptic threat to the kingdom will wait patiently while they do sidequests, find uber look, talk with NPCs, go the the store (who still demands full price!) and enjoy the cool sites...

...Assholes...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    We bought a 3000$ PC back in 1999 specifically to play video games.

Unless you meant 1989 I call Shenanigans. I've built my own PC since before that and there's no way in hell a decent gaming PC cost that much back then.

travathian on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just went downstairs and dug through a bunch of old stuff and found my Majesty disc. I think I might give it an install and see if it's still as annoying/fun as I remember.

(I imagine there's probably a funny Let's Play to be had here, too.)

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I loved the original for the reasons that made it frustrating. All the NPC's have attitudes like 5 year olds. "That's all i'm getting? Fuck you!"

How picky different heroes were about rewards added to the strategy. Lots of times rogues, despite being inferior to rangers or elves, saved my hide by being willing to kill anything for any amount of gold.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just went downstairs and dug through a bunch of old stuff and found my Majesty disc. I think I might give it an install and see if it's still as annoying/fun as I remember.

(I imagine there's probably a funny Let's Play to be had here, too.)

If you haven't played it, shell out the $10 for a downloadable copy of Majesty Gold. The Expansion kicks ass.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!