As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom announced

• Options
    MegazverMegazver Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone who only built one marketplace is a dirty, shameful newbie.

Megazver on
    Chief Tyrol. Academician Megazver of the Jol-Nar Universities
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Reinstalled this game. AWESOME! It gets a bit hectic when theres a crapload of heroes running about and I lost the manual. Guess I should check out gamefaqs to refresh my memory on what the spells do and so on. I think i'ma buy Majesty 2 even if its the same game but with better graphics, no joke. This game is great.

While playing the tutorial mission, I developed respect for my first Rogue, who dominated the bounty hunting in the area till he got surrounded by spiders. Poor fellow mustve been still dazed from those damn elven lounges. Does the expansion simply add new missions or what? May have to pick it up...

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love playing custom scenarios with regular waves of baddies. Then there are cheat codes to send waves of really powerful bad guys.

Goblin rush
    Night of the living dead
    prepare to die

I may lose a few heroes with multiple simultaneous waves of baddies, but after doing this a few times, I have enough bad asses that I've left the game running over night and woken up to find my heroes are practically gods! lol

edit: The expansion is a must have. Just find a gold version of the game and snag that. Then give your non-gold copy to a friend to get them addicted.

travathian on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Megazver wrote: »
    Anyone who only built one marketplace is a dirty, shameful newbie.

If you can control the area 1 marketplace + trading posts is far more efficient than multiple markets. Multiple markets are only for when you are all bottled up in a small area just barely holding off the mobs.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Reinstalled this game. AWESOME! It gets a bit hectic when theres a crapload of heroes running about and I lost the manual. Guess I should check out gamefaqs to refresh my memory on what the spells do and so on. I think i'ma buy Majesty 2 even if its the same game but with better graphics, no joke. This game is great.

While playing the tutorial mission, I developed respect for my first Rogue, who dominated the bounty hunting in the area till he got surrounded by spiders. Poor fellow mustve been still dazed from those damn elven lounges. Does the expansion simply add new missions or what? May have to pick it up...

Adds a bunch of missions and several new buildings (though not new heroes). The best of the new buildings is the Magic Bazaar. Sells various potions to your heroes. One of which is Shapeshift. Fighters turn into Minotaurs, Wizards into Medusas etc... when they drink it.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Adds a bunch of missions and several new buildings (though not new heroes). The best of the new buildings is the Magic Bazaar. Sells various potions to your heroes. One of which is Shapeshift. Fighters turn into Minotaurs, Wizards into Medusas etc... when they drink it.

Sweet Jesus I had forgotten the shapeshift potion. That was one of my favorite things.

There was always that moment when my hero would be walking through the woods, and see some big-ass leviathan of a monster. He'd pause for a second, like, "OH SH-", then he'd be all, "OH SH-APESHIFT!" and beat the crap out of the monster.

I need to find my CDs. I had the Gold Edition of this game at one time.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I may be going on old info, but last time I checked the paradox forums there was a guy giving out info about the development of Majesty 2.

A couple of things stuck with me: 1)there will be no random map generation coz the engine won't support it; and 2)you will be able to build any combination of temples but they will interact with eachother in a bad way ex. palladins will kick the crap out of the skellies summoned by priestesses of krypta.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This game simply won't do well in the long-run without a random map generator.

It's the reason Majesty 1 has near infinite playability. The scenario's are only fun for so long.

Archonex on
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Agree completely, but maybe modding will keep it fresh for a while at least.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'll probably pick up the expansion pack just to get the extra missions. I was playing it on and off tonight, very fun. The last mission I did was the elven treachery one. Had to restart a few times after getting swarmed early. Ended up going warriors and rangers to hold down the fort and build up my economy. I had to recall groups of warriors cause they kept fucking getting picked off by the elves hit and run bullshit.
    Survival until paladins was fun then the balance of power was completely on my side. Elves ain't got shit on an army of paladins and warriors. Ain't so refreshed now are you?

Sucks about the random map generator, they better release a fuckton of maps and a decent mulitplayer component. I haven't tried multi on the original. Any good? If majesty 2 had a gametype where it was just this HUUUGE map with like 2-4 players and different mob groups it would be fun. Maybe throw in some team play and I think it would be a blast.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I never understood the random map generator and how it worked. Also:

PA Multiplayer Majesty extravaganza?

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck yes.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm downloading this shit from Gamer's Gate. $10 is reasonable for a replacement copy of a game this great.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

How is the multiplayer? I was just playing a mission where there was an ennemy kingdom, and it was pretty much a stalemate. No matter how many paladins/solarii/rogues/healers/wizards/dwarves I had and even reanimated, I could not do any real damage to there city. I even had an outpost just outside there city defended by 3 balista. Didn't do much.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just bought this on impulse. I don't know if its really that deep of a game, but its fun to watch your guys walking around doing stuff. I guess it appeals more to my maxis "game-toy" love than to my hardcore strategy game desires. Its alright though, because the game is just pure fun. I don't know how multiplayer is, though I'd be willing to try it out.

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I know this will never happen, but it's fun to dream:

What about a multiplayer mode that happens in two stages? During stage 1, each player is by himself on a separate map. The game functions as though it were in sandbox mode -- monster lairs, mobs, and such all appear to provide challenge and purpose.

After an hour of play, however, the separate maps are attached to each other along the edges, and the separate kingdoms go to war. :D

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

How is the multiplayer? I was just playing a mission where there was an ennemy kingdom, and it was pretty much a stalemate. No matter how many paladins/solarii/rogues/healers/wizards/dwarves I had and even reanimated, I could not do any real damage to there city. I even had an outpost just outside there city defended by 3 balista. Didn't do much.

Sovereign spells are basically required in that kind of situation. Control/scatter their heroes as much as possible, healers especially must be killed with spells or controlled. First focus should be killing all of their trade outposts. Then it's just a matter of running them out of ressurect money and microing your sovereign spells better than they do.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I join the wild spirits

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Gods I love this game. I've been trying out some of the harder settings (like using the Small-size Goblin Stronghold setting) for the freestyle generator, and damn it feels good to watch your heroes gang up in groups of like 7 and go bashing in goblin heads.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The demo is fun. It's a fun demo.

Megazver on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh snap! Demotime?

I'm excited. I also heard that the voice Actor that did the Fake Sean Connery Voice was hired again for Maj 2.

I pre ordered on that fact alone (and the maj gold on steam).

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh snap! Demotime?

I'm excited. I also heard that the voice Actor that did the Fake Sean Connery Voice was hired again for Maj 2.

The key to doing a good Sean Connery is to pretend you're eating an apple

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh snap! Demotime?

Well, I played the Russian demo. I hear the english one is a few days away.

The game is still pretty addictive. The units are too small for my tastes now, but thanks to the new unit icons in the upper right corner, it doesn't really matter.

There are six units on this screenshot. What are they? I haven't the slightest.

Also, I have my concerns about the costs of upgrades, but I could've just been running out of money because I was getting raped by an unending stream of level 20 Telekinetic Bearmen. Fun mission, though.

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Telekinetic Bearmen

:^:

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. Oh wow. I can throw away my music and schoolwork for only $10? Hot damn that is tempting. I've never heard of this game until right now. And I need it. Who revived this thread? Fu-- I mean, thank you. The first thing I'm going to do is make a team of wizards. They sound hilarious. And awesome.

mogdemon on
    apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mogdemon wrote: »
    Wow. Oh wow. I can throw away my music and schoolwork for only $10? Hot damn that is tempting. I've never heard of this game until right now. And I need it. Who revived this thread? Fu-- I mean, thank you. The first thing I'm going to do is make a team of wizards. They sound hilarious. And awesome.

They go from doddering old, senile, lemmings, to doddering old, senile, walking engines of mass destruction.

They are awesome.

This demo had better be shit-hot if they're going to sell me on a Majesty game without a random map generator system. It just won't be as good without it.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really hope the rumors of a 64bit compatibility patch are true. Everytime I see this thread I wanna play.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'M MELTING

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ah, the English demo is out too.

Megazver on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sire, You're Blacksmith now offers NEW services!

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    Mad MacMad Mac Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

link?

Mad Mac on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mad Mac wrote: »

link?

Indeed, link please.

Anyway, aparently the manual is already up on Steam. Not much about the kinds of heroes there are, but a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sire, You're Blacksmith now offers NEW services!

I loved hearing that.
    No, I still love hearing that.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The english demo isn't "out" so much as someone on SA got a copy and started distributing it. Here's the link to the thread, and here's a direct Megaupload link -- I got it from megaupload and it's legit. There's a tutorial level and an endless survival type level to play.

Fats on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, is the demo any good? I'm sorely tempted by the Steam offer... A friend of mine had the original, it was a blast to play.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    The english demo isn't "out" so much as someone on SA got a copy and started distributing it. Here's the link to the thread, and here's a direct Megaupload link -- I got it from megaupload and it's legit. There's a tutorial level and an endless survival type level to play.

It's not endless, you win at 75 days.

ZombieSheep on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    why not just put the damn thing up for download?

Tnx for the link btw

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hell yeah. Demo!

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Apogee wrote: »
    Well, is the demo any good? I'm sorely tempted by the Steam offer... A friend of mine had the original, it was a blast to play.

It's basically Majesty in 3D. Try the demo yourself, but I'll be buying it.

Might as well be, blasted ogres.

Fats on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fats wrote: »

Might as well be, blasted ogres.

I was coming to say the exact same thing. Fucking ogres.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    Mad MacMad Mac Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was coming to say the exact same thing. Fucking ogres.

Feh. Wait until the Bears show up. You'll suddenly be wishing the Ogres attacked twice as often in bigger numbers, rather than fight fudging telekinetic bears.

Mad Mac on