Options

Hugging the [chat] out of 'em

1282931333437

Posts

  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ...And then I chose my major based on the fact that I like Dungeons and Dragons a whole lot...

    ...

    Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I get 9 bucks an hour working at the local grocery store, 10 bucks an hour for roof jobs sounds like a rip.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Doc wrote: »

    That's true, actually.
    You invested in hugedonkeydongs.com too?

    It was a huge flop. Glad I got out before the bubble bursted.

    Doc on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I work for my school's AV department. Is there any market for someone with my kind of skills, up there?

    Really? High five, same job!

    Satan. on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Exactly Hacks

    You have to really really love money to go through med school for only that reason, it is rough

    Medopine on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Pony on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who here is good at chemistry?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Want to share a cardboard box once we graduate?

    Only if I get the side away from the entrance hole we cut in it.

    You drive a tough bargain. I want newspaper priority.

    Fine, but I get first dibs on pools of rain water then.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »

    That's true, actually.
    You invested in hugedonkeydongs.com too?

    It was a huge flop. Glad I got out before the bubble bursted.
    :winky:

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I work for my school's AV department. Is there any market for someone with my kind of skills, up there?

    I'll keep an eye out for jobs asking for really white people
    Please do. Tell them I can sing and dance, as well.

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Craveon, what

    Medopine on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    wazilla wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also I'm sure there's no shortage of people with the degree I'll be coming out with in this country. In fact I'm almost certain it's just "a degree" and I will have to stab and kill my way to the top like normal-people.

    Yeah, my degree is going to be like that too. (English major)

    Want to share a cardboard box once we graduate?

    Do you think a philosophy major is worse than an english major? I do...

    You're pretty much right. A philosophy major's only real career-option is grad-school.

    You passed up an obligatory chance to tell me to kill myself. You are VC aren't you?

    Edit: Or maybe it was implied...

    wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I work for my school's AV department. Is there any market for someone with my kind of skills, up there?

    Really? High five, same job!
    You and me (and Jewcar) need to take a roadtrip to Alberta; I hear they're just giving jobs away on the street.

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Oh, we realized

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who here is good at chemistry?
    I can fake it

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Right now, I work as a Customer Service Agent for American Express. I make good money, including decent coin off of commissions and performance bonuses.

    My workplace is big on rewards and giving us money for staying and doing a good job because my job primarily involves people screaming at me and crying and telling me how I am ruining their life.

    I can understand how for some people that would be hard to deal with every day.

    Me? I just like seeing a big fat $140 performance bonus on my pay on top of my normal wage.

    Pony on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My parents aren't too keen with my choices in university, but I am already better then my older sister so hazzah!

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who here is good at chemistry?
    I can fake it
    Yeah, I am trying to get above faking. :P
    Is there any good way to remember the electron configurations and central atom hybridization?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Also seriously please don't make the chat thread the philosophy/objectivism/jesus fuck fuck jesus this is why i stopped taking those classes thread. We have one.

    What, who's talking about that

    I'm just refuting that one guy's absurd claim that everyone in med school is there for the moneys
    To be fair, when I was considering med school, I was primarily in it for the money.

    Then I found out about all the shit you have to go through to become a doctor and I was all oh HELL naw

    Seriously. And I mean, the funny part is that my dad, a moderately-successful internist, and my uncle, a surgeon who made a couple million a year for a while, are basically in the same spot financially now. Only my uncle had to work 16 hour days and be up at 3 AM performing dangerous manual dexterity tasks while my dad was sleeping and/or talking to his inexplicably wonderful children.

    durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Oh, we realized

    So why do it?

    It just seemed so weird a thing to shit on a man about.

    The internet is the only place I've seen someone make fun of me because of my job.

    Pony on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pretty much law school and med school aren't worth it if you don't have rich parents, yeah

    I'm with you Pony

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Right now, I work as a Customer Service Agent for American Express. I make good money, including decent coin off of commissions and performance bonuses.

    My workplace is big on rewards and giving us money for staying and doing a good job because my job primarily involves people screaming at me and crying and telling me how I am ruining their life.

    I can understand how for some people that would be hard to deal with every day.

    Me? I just like seeing a big fat $140 performance bonus on my pay on top of my normal wage.

    Hey cool I have an American Express, its super purty.

    And I respect anyone who deals with costumers, costumers suck so bad.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. There couldn't be anything else about you they might dislike.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony you don't really have to prove anything you know

    Medopine on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Haha, yes!

    There is an AoC fatality where you impale someone through the chest and then sucker punch them so they fall over.

    Then you stomp on their head. :winky:

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Exactly Hacks

    You have to really really love money to go through med school for only that reason, it is rough
    I briefly considered becoming a plastic surgeon, but then I remembered all that stuff about residency and terribleness and make it stop oh God make it stop

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. There couldn't be anything else about you they might dislike.

    They certainly don't make it very clear.

    I mean, you're the most straightforward of em all, Vc, and even you can't bother much more than "You're a terrible person and you should kill yourself!"

    And seeing how you say that to just about anybody, it doesn't hold any weight.

    Pony on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Right now, I work as a Customer Service Agent for American Express. I make good money, including decent coin off of commissions and performance bonuses.

    My workplace is big on rewards and giving us money for staying and doing a good job because my job primarily involves people screaming at me and crying and telling me how I am ruining their life.

    I can understand how for some people that would be hard to deal with every day.

    Me? I just like seeing a big fat $140 performance bonus on my pay on top of my normal wage.

    Hey cool I have an American Express, its super purty.

    And I respect anyone who deals with costumers, costumers suck so bad.
    They give me hope. I mean, if I am even 10% smarter than the fucking mouthbreathers that walk into my department store / warehouse, I will succeed so hard.

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »

    That's true, actually.
    You invested in hugedonkeydongs.com too?

    It was a huge flop.

    vlcsnap8754273sw0.jpg

    Satan. on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. There couldn't be anything else about you they might dislike.

    They certainly don't make it very clear.

    I mean, you're the most straightforward of em all, Vc, and even you can't bother much more than "You're a terrible person and you should kill yourself!"

    And seeing how you say that to just about anybody, it doesn't hold any weight.

    I learned long ago to stop trying to understand the logic around here

    Satan. on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Oh, we realized

    So why do it?

    It just seemed so weird a thing to shit on a man about.

    The internet is the only place I've seen someone make fun of me because of my job.
    Don't forget High School. They make fun of you there for your job, too.

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Pony who are "you folks"

    Man I don't even know you

    There's elements of the D&D community who love nothing more than to rag on the fact that I was a grocery store cashier for like four years. Like somehow this made me a lesser person or something. It was weird, they'd throw it in my face like an insulting thing, not realizing how arrogant and classist it made them sound.

    Oh, we realized

    So why do it?

    It just seemed so weird a thing to shit on a man about.

    The internet is the only place I've seen someone make fun of me because of my job.

    Why do you poke a bear? Because it reacts.

    This isn't rocket science.

    Now, seriously, paper, not plastic.

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pretty much law school and med school aren't worth it if you don't have rich parents, yeah

    I'm with you Pony

    I'm in awe of the people who chose, in this country, to become doctors when they didn't have the money.

    The people who endured all that debt and hardship and poverty just for the possibility of some kind of light at the tunnel only to be shat upon from the heights of the crumbling public healthcare system, and still show up to work every day anyway.

    That's damn respectible.

    Pony on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My parents aren't too keen with my choices in university, but I am already better then my older sister so hazzah!
    Aren't you at UofT? That's a pretty good university.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So guys.

    Should I go to long beach or Pomona?

    I got accepted into both.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Pretty much law school and med school aren't worth it if you don't have rich parents, yeah

    I'm with you Pony

    I'm in awe of the people who chose, in this country, to become doctors when they didn't have the money.

    The people who endured all that debt and hardship and poverty just for the possibility of some kind of light at the tunnel only to be shat upon from the heights of the crumbling public healthcare system, and still show up to work every day anyway.

    That's damn respectible.
    Also literally shat upon

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    whenever I think I may have to get a job in the service industry I wish I was badass enough to be like that guy from Bartender about it.

    I swear if everybody was like him the world would be the best fucking place ever.

    Greeper on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I get 9 bucks an hour working at the local grocery store, 10 bucks an hour for roof jobs sounds like a rip.

    I live in Michigan, remember.

    ---

    Is my sig broken?

    Satan. on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So guys.

    Should I go to long beach or Pomona?

    I got accepted into both.

    Check the male/female ratios

    Medopine on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So guys.

    Should I go to long beach or Pomona?

    I got accepted into both.
    Go to the one that doesn't suck monkey tits.

    Hacksaw on
This discussion has been closed.