Options

Hugging the [chat] out of 'em

1313233343537»

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who told you to do the 3 month's salary thing? And is that rule based on net income (taking out for bills and stuff) or gross income? I bought myself a diamond for $1k in 2001 and am perfectly happy if it's the only diamond I own for the rest of my life. But I also work in research, so I can't really wear rings anyway, because I'm perpetually putting on and taking off gloves.

Rings don't have to go on fingers you know.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Why you gotta do a thing. Now I'm going to go look at rings later and wish I could afford one.

Fun fact: you cannot tell the difference between a cubic zirconium and a diamond with the naked eye.

While she would not care, I can name about three people in her family that would scoff.

I got suckered into the whole 3 months' salary thing.

Looking back, we both wish I had got her a plain band and spent the money on a trip to Europe.

Just sayin', people will scoff no matter what choices you make in life -- might as well make ones you're happy with. If the ring does it for you two, cool, but knowing that you're paying for something undetectable seems like a poor investment in hindsight.

Well a plain band would work if our mutual friend and co-worker didn't just get one from her fiance in December. I need to differentiate myself from that.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Damnit.

Anyone? Tips on sneaking a ring size?

http://www.brasscompass.com/cigar4.jpg

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Satan. on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pony.

Do you have to shoot the "zombie"'s head.

Shoot em in the head, keeps em dead.

We advise everyone wears full paintball masks.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    I'm going to fuck the hug out of all of you.

---

Pony: How did you get the ring size?

I didn't buy her a ring, and don't intend to. She just ain't that kind of gal, and is glad I didn't buy one.

Damnit.

Anyone? Tips on sneaking a ring size?

I'm guessing you object to a brick to the back of the skull

I really did laugh out loud at this. Someone report this for awesome, I think it'd be worth a 3.

Satan. on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well I don't know about you guys but if I ever end up in a zombie situation confrontation is the last thing on my mind.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who told you to do the 3 month's salary thing? And is that rule based on net income (taking out for bills and stuff) or gross income? I bought myself a diamond for $1k in 2001 and am perfectly happy if it's the only diamond I own for the rest of my life. But I also work in research, so I can't really wear rings anyway, because I'm perpetually putting on and taking off gloves.

Well I don't have a penis so I'm out of options.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

It's the general rule when you are young / concerned with image, I think. As a matter of fact, I may have taken it directly from some DeBeers marketing, which is sad. I based the rule on gross, but I was a college student so it's not like she's walking around with a 5 carat rock.

Now that I'm older, I would make different decisions. I don't think there's anything wrong with diamonds, but I personally won't buy another one ever when there are indistinguishable alternatives available for a fraction of the cost.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Are you?

:winky:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well I don't know about you guys but if I ever end up in a zombie situation confrontation is the last thing on my mind.

How the hell else are you going to get the supplies necessary to stay alive?

Zombie N00b. :roll:

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Are you kidding me?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

By raiding other survivors.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Well you have what could have been a penis....

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2008
    20020410h.gif

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.