As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ikariam: a new era of Pax Arcadia arises

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What level are your academies? I'm trying to decide how far I should upgrade them.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Camui wrote: »
    Then you should check out the 3 islands I am around, most are like that.
    Where abouts are you? $_$

Aldo on
  • Options
    maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God damn this guy, he's so undefended and has loads of loot, but only a level 1 trading port, leaving me unable to take away much...

If he has a high town level you can still walk away with a ton of gold, just not a lot of resources.

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Camui wrote:

Yes,

*We demand additional lumber*

tachyon on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    Gah, research time for Birds Flight is over 7 days. *Sadface*

Better than 130-something days for researching Utopia. D:

Kris on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    tachyon wrote: »
    Camui wrote:

Yes,

I also need to build more overlords.

Aldo on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm in!

Let the pillagings commence!

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    tachyon wrote: »
    Camui wrote:

Yes,

I also need to build more overlords.

Then research man spawning AND HURRY

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    maturin wrote: »
    God damn this guy, he's so undefended and has loads of loot, but only a level 1 trading port, leaving me unable to take away much...

If he has a high town level you can still walk away with a ton of gold, just not a lot of resources.

Yeah, I was taking a fair bit of gold. I also sent three armies at him consecutively, bringing home quite a bit in total. He's got pissed though and is now sending a fleet of 11 units to attack me via sea, the route where I am slightly weaker.

I still have 18 Ballista Ships and 10 Ram ships, though, which should be more than enough to send him packing. I've also already queued up some more ships just in case he manages to destroy a fair few and then goes for round 2.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm forced to admit that 24 tradeships is not enough to sustain my pillaging tendencies. 11 action points just aren't cutting it either. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit those guys in mid-level alliances who think that 0 military is outweighed by possible alliance support.

Btw, the [pie] alliance, near (48,7) and the surrounding islands, is ripe for the picking. They have mid-high total scores, but their military scores are pathetic, in some cases 0. Assuming they don't have pacts of any kind with other alliances, NPAX could singlehandedly use them as fuel for the wangfire.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good golly miss molly!

# Name: ChingoBling
    # Town size: 13
    # Player: Dirty Sanchez Send Message
    # Ally: pie
    # Total Score:7,355
    # Military Score:0
    # Gold Score:1,131,658 (17,654)

tachyon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I'm forced to admit that 24 tradeships is not enough to sustain my pillaging tendencies. 11 action points just aren't cutting it either. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit those guys in mid-level alliances who think that 0 military is outweighed by possible alliance support.

Btw, the [pie] alliance, near (48,7) and the surrounding islands, is ripe for the picking. They have mid-high total scores, but their military scores are pathetic, in some cases 0. Assuming they don't have pacts of any kind with other alliances, NPAX could singlehandedly use them as fuel for the wangfire.

Tell me more. We are in the market for increasing our revenue in FY09 and this could be the growth opportunity Daddy has been looking for

Kalkino on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »

Tell me more. We are in the market for increasing our revenue in FY09 and this could be the growth opportunity Daddy has been looking for

Yes. This.

Holy Shit. There are like 2 decent military scores on that island of level 10+ cities. All are in pie.

As soon as I have free trade ships, can we start? Burn the World right?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm in.

I am so fuckin' in.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, from what I've gathered by pillaging the unallied natives, the pie alliance is centered in a very small area, so blockades will be tricky (easily broken by their buddies). The good thing is, they're pitifully underdefended and it'll take them awhile to overpower any one of us with at least 20k military. The thing we've got on our side is time and numbers; they've got better per-player scores than us, however.

What does this mean? It means that if we hit them, it'll have to be hard and fast. We can't let them build up a response, because with their 7k+ scores they can easily do so and take our little guys out. We also have to be good at timing, because while we have bases near them at 43:11 and 43:8, they're literally in a 1-2 island radius of each other. All of them. Even their colonies are only one island apart.

So if we attack them, we'll need to move our fleets and mans to the new marble/wine island area, and EVERYBODY needs to start a massive buildup of phalanxes and swordsmen. Anyone of us with a large navy can immediately take out those with naval fleets of any kind and leave the rest to us sword-packing pillagers. The loot can be split later, but the main problems I see are their fleets.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Luckily I have flamethrower ships now. I'll start queuing them up immediately.

2 days to build 20 ships? This is madness.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, from what I've gathered by pillaging the unallied natives, the pie alliance is centered in a very small area, so blockades will be tricky (easily broken by their buddies). The good thing is, they're pitifully underdefended and it'll take them awhile to overpower any one of us with at least 20k military. The thing we've got on our side is time and numbers; they've got better per-player scores than us, however.

What does this mean? It means that if we hit them, it'll have to be hard and fast. We can't let them build up a response, because with their 7k+ scores they can easily do so and take our little guys out. We also have to be good at timing, because while we have bases near them at 43:11 and 43:8, they're literally in a 1-2 island radius of each other. All of them. Even their colonies are only one island apart.

So if we attack them, we'll need to move our fleets and mans to the new marble/wine island area, and EVERYBODY needs to start a massive buildup of phalanxes and swordsmen. Anyone of us with a large navy can immediately take out those with naval fleets of any kind and leave the rest to us sword-packing pillagers. The loot can be split later, but the main problems I see are their fleets.

You could use a couple different strats. You could try having only a couple guys attack and expect them to retaliate when they send out their forces then hit them again. Also when you get hit you would have ships in reserve to come in and break their blockades if they use them.

Or you could use a show of force and make them think twice about hitting such a large amount of people.

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Crash@:
    Turetia[87:84]/Kalos/Crystal
    Ateios[89:88]/Kalot/Marble
    Clandoios[89:78]/Katok/Sulfur

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We should look at having dedicated blockaders and pillagers for these large strikes. Then we can better direct our military research, buildup and workshop upgrades.

focused7 on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bah, all my forces are over in my main triangle, ~12h from there. I'll try and build some forces up at 43:11.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    focused7 wrote: »
    We should look at having dedicated blockaders and pillagers for these large strikes. Then we can better direct our military research, buildup and workshop upgrades.

The way blockades are implemented, the pillager must also be the blockader; you cannot get through someone else's blockade.

Darian on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I believe we should try to plan this attack to occur very late/early so hopefully they will not be able to retaliate by building more guys/ships as well.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Darian wrote: »

The way blockades are implemented, the pillager must also be the blockader; you cannot get through someone else's blockade.

We can still coordinate blockading/pillaging efforts of multiple people, so as soon as one guy's blockade ends the pillaging party arrives.

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    On Delta -

Mazlo @ [59:38] Cimpei / Wine

I just built my embassy and look forward to alliance shenanigans.

Mazlo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have 2k wine to pawn off for crystals and/or sulfur. Any takers?

Aldo on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can I spam 6 waves attack in one go on a prime target or will my pillaging men then overlap and bring back less booty?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Can I spam 6 waves attack in one go on a prime target or will my pillaging men then overlap and bring back less booty?

They'll overlap...somewhat. If you send all 6 waves within seconds of each other, the survivors of the first waves add onto the forces of all the next waves. The loot for each won't show up in your combat reports, but it WILL show up in your tradeship screen and town info screen. The only problem is that 6 waves and a level 2 or higher trade port usually means you'll drain them dry of resources by the 3rd or 4th wave.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The leader of 'Honor' in the WPAX area just contacted me about a peace agreement...I think he's worried about us wanging him.

I say we realize those fears!

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Allright well Ghast Vegas at 43:11 can contribute. Just tell me what you need.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Karenna wrote: »
    The leader of 'Honor' in the WPAX area just contacted me about a peace agreement...I think he's worried about us wanging him.

I say we realize those fears!
    Might be interesting to work together with them against another alliance.

(and then backstab them)

Aldo on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll do it for 2k sulfurs once I get home.
    Narshe @ 14:53 if you want straight sulfur.

e: oh man you are on the other side of the map
    lame

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mazlo wrote: »
    On Delta -

Mazlo @ [59:38] Cimpei / Wine

I just built my embassy and look forward to alliance shenanigans.

Send a request to PAX; you're not too far away from me.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    I'll do it for 2k sulfurs once I get home.
    Narshe @ 14:53 if you want straight sulfur.

e: oh man you are on the other side of the map
    lame
    I probably should have mentioned that.

>_<

EPA region.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Darian wrote: »

However, blockades CAN be used to take out naval forces. Those of us with large navies can break their fleets into itty bitty pieces and then the rest can simply waltz in with a smaller navy, blockade the remnants, and break the military. Even ballista ships take an hour or so to build, so they can't respond all that quickly.

Alternatively, we can have our large navies blockade their larger militaries, and wait for the inevitable outside blockade break. Once that happens, the rest of us attack the enemy assists. By doing that we can both isolate the larger guys and prevent them from sending aid, and leave the littler guys open for mass unlubricated wanging.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Perhaps we should appoint a NPAX diplomat - I recall our beloved leader was looking for one a whiles back.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I could use 2k wine at Archimedes 93:62 for 2k sulfur, or however much you want to trade. Any target city in particular?

The EPA island suggestions need some updating.
    In particular, no one is on 94:59 - the nearby crystal islands with PAers are 89:64, with 4 of us, and 93:61, with 2.
    I think I'm the only one with a sulfur colony very close (90:59) but that one may not be a big deal.
    Finally, with the marble and wine islands full we ought to choose secondary sites for those resources - is anybody on a nearby island with one of those? I expect to hit palace level 4 in a couple days so I'm especially interested in a marble site.

Mith on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Perhaps we should appoint a NPAX diplomat - I recall our beloved leader was looking for one a whiles back.

Oh shits, I just read something on the Ikariam forums that I thought was very interesting.

An alliance can only go to war with another alliance after a declaration of war post on the Diplomacy board.

But once that happens...the bashing rule is no longer in effect. THE BASHING RULE IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. The only limitation is that wars have to have a set end condition, like say a set number of points.

Someone get a diplomat up, because this baby is gonna get plowed.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Oh shits, I just read something on the Ikariam forums that I thought was very interesting.

An alliance can only go to war with another alliance after a declaration of war post on the Diplomacy board.

But once that happens...the bashing rule is no longer in effect. THE BASHING RULE IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. The only limitation is that wars have to have a set end condition, like say a set number of points.

Someone get a diplomat up, because this baby is gonna get plowed.

Hmm, good point

Kalkino on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Heh, I'll be diplomat if you want, as long as you're comfortable with the fact that I'm a dick. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    Heh, I'll be diplomat if you want, as long as you're comfortable with the fact that I'm a dick. :P

In an alliance whose official policy is "Burn the World," having the diplomat be a dick is actually a plus.

Darklyre on