As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Goddamn Batman Would Have Words With The Both Of You [NSF56K]

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Munch on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    I didn't say I hated him, back off guys, geez. I just said that I wasn't interested in Y and I don't think his longer stuff is for me. Oh and I forgot that I read The Hood also it was ok but I mostly read it so I had some back story for Bendis stuff in NA.

Do you like Lost? If you've liked it over the last two seasons or so then you'll love BKV comics. BKV is pretty much why it's been so great over the last while.

Pretty sure the reason it's been great the last two seasons because they know exactly how much time they've got left in the show so now they can go balls out with it, not because BKV is a magician.

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BKV certainly dosen't hurt though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    it doesn't hurt, yeah, but he's clearly not the only one responsible for lost being a great show

DJ Eebs on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    At any rate, Y > you, so just read the damn book already.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2008
    Yorrick Brown has a lighter that says "Fuck Communism" on it.

how can you argue with that

in fact someone post that page in this thread, it deserves it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Bale you know the lighter thing was a Preacher reference, right?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited June 2008
    yes

so

thats not really the important part, the conversation between Yorrick and three fitty is

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanks Joe. I had no clue what you guys were talking about... since I don't really follow comics. I do wander into the comic store sometimes when I'm waiting for a sandwich at our local shop. Ran across that walking dead comic which my wife really likes. Only problem is they don't release the hardcovers soon enough...

PeekingDuck on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I just ordered We3, it'll be here in a few days.

If I'm reduced to a sobbing mess, clutching my pets with a vice grip, I'm blaming all of you bastards.

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"Odds are good."

See you soon!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Lux wrote: »
    This is not from a published DC comic or anything, just from a comic on an artist's website, recalling a story about an enthusiastic 13 year old Green Arrow fan.
    http://www.mingdoyle.com/comics/greenarrow.html

Ming Doyle's style is pretty awesome. I'm really hoping she gets scooped up by DC or Marvel one of these days; she'd be amazing on something dark and atmospheric, like GLC, Batman, Daredevil, or Aquaman.

Edit: To contribute, here's a little something from Will Pfeifer's H-E-R-O. The story follows the Hero Dial, best known from the old series Dial H for Hero, which grants its user a different superpower every time it's used. Most of the run is dedicated to mini-arcs showing what happens when an average person gets the Hero Dial. First it goes to Jerry Feldon, a mundane counter jockey at a fast food restaurant. Then to a successful businessman. Then his daughter. Later, some kids that use it to create viral videos. And so on. Each person uses the device for reasons that are often both benevolent and selfish. But as the book moved into its last arc, it focused on what would happen if someone truly malevolent obtained the device.
    The final arc focuses on a serial killer that has found the device, and used it to transform himself into a Superman-level threat, with the ability to have any superpower he can think of. Strength, telepathy, shape-shifting, speed; the works. And what does he use it to do?

HERO1-1.jpg

Yeahhh..

I'm confused. What am I looking at?
    Is she made out of wood now and turned into blocks now, or...just neatly turned into cubes? No blood?

Lux on
    edited June 2008
    The second one. And haven't you seen Dexter? Bloodless murder's all the rage.

I still don't know how her arms are able to hang like that. I'm guessing toothpicks.

I just thought it was a really surreal image, showing the kind of crazy shit someone with unlimited power could do.

Munch on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Green Arrow really is the best

deadonthestreet on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I still don't know how her arms are able to hang like that. I'm guessing toothpicks.

I just thought it was a really surreal image, showing the kind of crazy shit someone with unlimited power could do.

Ah. I guess it just didn't make sense to me how perfectly static the hair was, but I guess that's added craziness.

Lux on
  • StudioAudienceStudioAudience Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn, We3 look's interesting, but I'm pretty sure it'd leave me totally depressed.

StudioAudience on
    studaud.png
    GFWL: studaud (for SF4)
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

If i had unlimited power id start with giving myself some creativity before I started killing people in odd ways.

Oooh cubes, serious was he looking at an ice machine and suddenly thought "Hey that gives me an idea" Although the frozen state would explain the low blood and still attached arms.

Detharin on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn, We3 look's interesting, but I'm pretty sure it'd leave me totally depressed.

it ends on a positive note, so give it a try.

DouglasDanger on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Detharin wrote: »

If i had unlimited power id start with giving myself some creativity before I started killing people in odd ways.

Oooh cubes, serious was he looking at an ice machine and suddenly thought "Hey that gives me an idea" Although the frozen state would explain the low blood and still attached arms.
    Note that there also seems to be a few bits of other people mixed in.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Green Arrow really is the best

That Emarald Archer man - so sick he's terminally ill.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    humble wrote: »
    my boss is selling me his new x-men omnibus for 80 bucks, it is still in the packaging, i am stoked

So if his copy is worth $80 new, then how would my copy, signed by Grant Morrision, Frank Quitely and Ethan Van Sciver be worth???

Because it looks like I'm going to have to liquidate my collection of signed hardcovers

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    give it to me

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No me! TLB secretly hates Grant Morrison.

JoeUser on
    edited June 2008
    I secretly hate your face

Now give me it right now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2008
    I secretly hate your face

Now give me it right now

I heard you want Jeph Loeb to do a re-imagining of Animal Man, is all I'm saying ...

JoeUser on
    edited June 2008
    I've heard you want Daniel Way and Greg Land to revive the Invisibles.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2008
    I've heard you want Daniel Way and Greg Land to revive the Invisibles.

That, sir, is an unforgivable accusation! Pistols at dawn!

JoeUser on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    humble wrote: »
    my boss is selling me his new x-men omnibus for 80 bucks, it is still in the packaging, i am stoked

So if his copy is worth $80 new, then how would my copy, signed by Grant Morrision, Frank Quitely and Ethan Van Sciver be worth???

Because it looks like I'm going to have to liquidate my collection of signed hardcovers

his copy is worth a looooot more then 80 bucks.

i try to reread morrison's new x-men from time to time but then i get to igor kordev's art and stop reading.

Angry on
    edited June 2008
    ugh igor kordey

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Igor Kordey gave Wolverine buck-teeth.

ZombieAsuma on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    at the back of one of the trades, there's a sample page of another artists rendition of a scene. it is crisp and beautiful and you see it and made me really pissed off, because igor's rendition is a horrible mishapen piece of shit.

wasn't new x-men a big seller? how did a hack like kordey get a recurring role on the book.

Angry on
    edited June 2008
    because Quietley was so slow

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    because Quietley was so slow

Seriously, Quietly drew like what... 6 issues? Over how many years?
    If quetly could actually draw all of the X-men issues, that run would have been legendary.

muninn on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There still was plenty of good art on New X-Men beyond Quitely though. There was Ethan Van Sciver, Phil Jimenez, Marc Silvestri. It was just disappointing that Igor Kordey drew Wolverine fighting the Imperial Guard and pretty much winning until he went up against Gladiator.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I remember when those issues came out. We went from Quitely to complete crap. I dropped the book, which I regret because it was really difficult to find all the back issues later.

Lostprophet8 on
    edited June 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    wasn't new x-men a big seller? how did a hack like kordey get a recurring role on the book.

Kordey's actually an exceptionally talented artist. He's repeatedly explained the problems on that book were that he was literally drawing entire issues over mere days. Apparently, prior to New X-Men he had a Mark Bagley-like output, drawing 1 1/2 to 2 issues a month, and Marvel kept piling more work at his door, asking him to do more and more. But his editors forgot to tell him when his stuff started to look awful.

Munch on
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    What the fuck is going on in that first panel? Is Ironman an octopus or something? I've stared at that picture for a good 10 minutes now and I still don't get how it's possible.

I was kind of wondering that myself. Here's the previous page, though it doesn't seem to make it any clearer:
    im286yx8.jpg

I know this is a pretty late response, but am I the only one who can't stand how the armor is drawn, awkward positions aside.

I know Stark is supposed to have flex-metal in the armor but it's a SUIT OF ARMOR for crying out loud, it should have some sort of bulk and SOME angles in it, not look virtually skin tight.

I started reading Iron Man as a kid when he was in the Centurion armor (Bob Layton FTW). So it just hurts my eyes the way its drawn now.

VoodooV on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Goodness I really need to read New X-Men, don't I?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited June 2008
    ehhh

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Goodness I really need to read New X-Men, don't I?

Yes, your life may depend on it.

Shut it Bale.

Bloods End on
    edited June 2008
    it's actually probably somewhere between those two responses

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.