As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GTA! Tell me interesting things about it!

1575859606163»

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rank you're reminding me of the Animal from FMJ, don't know why, probably because I watched it a couple of weeks ago god I love that movie I think his name is animal at least.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    couple pages back, you dudes talking about letting your kids watch this game and shit, reminds me of a story

years ago, I was living with this dude, his girlfriend and their daughter. Good folks, still friends with them and shit. Well, at the time, he was a drywaller and was frequently between jobs, so when he wasn't working he would be at home playing Counterstrike and Delta Force pretty much non-stop, and he sold a little weed to help make ends meet and to keep his stash in good supply.

Well, he let his daughter hang out and watch games, and would explain that it was only a game, that it wasn't okay to do this to real people, but when you're a grown-up sometimes it is fun to play pretend games where you do this.

So, his daughter starts kindergarten, right? They're going around the room asking all the kids what their parents do for a living. They get to her and she says, "My mommy is a nurse, she works with old people. My daddy smokes and shoots people."

That was a fun little parent-teacher conference to hear about.

yeah, thats exactly why i play nonviolent games with my kid, and dont shoot or stab or run over anybody when she is around my gaming tv
    Same thing with a friend of mine's daughter. He keeps his old NES and a N64 in the living room, but his PS3 is in his bedroom. Plays Mario Bros. and Mario Kart with his daughter, Oblivion and whatnot elsewhere.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd be an awful parent, just letting all you ladies know.
    Steer clear.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    I dunno, our crash landing of the helicopter onto the ship, then bouncing off and smashing into the shipping containers on the other side was pretty fucking hilarious.

Or the "Hey, you know what's funny? Being in a car with three other dudes and just holding onto a grenade until it explodes."

"Hahah... wait"

BOOOOOOM
    those were shitloads more fun than i expected

and i was expecting a lot of fun

Knob on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OOOOOOOHH WEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH I LOOK JUST LIKE BUDDY HOLLY

Graves on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    told ya

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Crackle (can I call you that, CrackedLens?) are you looking forward to playing Bookworm Adventures with your kid when she is old enough?

Because really it is fantastic fun that game. I played it with my younger cousins quite a bit and diggedy doggedy it was a goddamn blast.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    told ya

"okay start dropping grenades on the ship"

"uh. i sort of already dropped all my grenades on times square"

Knob on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    aw dang that does look cool

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bomb da Base was fucking great.

Jack an armored car? Check.

Fly around a copter dodging snipers? Check.

Assault a ship full of enemies with friends and blow the fucking thing up? Check.

Haven't had a chance to play a game of Cops n' Crooks yet though.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BUMBURG DUDES. FUCKING BUMBURG.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I slaughtered those bums like Anakin did the sandpeople after Schmi dies.

I killed the women and children bums, too.

Graves on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i went ahead and started a new GTA thread, since we hit the moon here

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yeah I went over to a friend's house, this is a few years ago, he was the only dude I knew with a big screen HDTV and stuff, I walk in and he's playing GTA3 with his ~1yr old daughter sitting right there... I'm like "dude didn't it ever occur to you she's watching you shoot and kill and run over people" and he says "heh I know but doesn't seem to bother her".... dunno if his wife would be happy about that though..

jwalk on
This discussion has been closed.