As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comics made by people named Allan (Shirt on page 15)

• CronnyCronny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Heyo, I know this is going a ways back, but hot damn, those two comics about the stages that cartoonists go through was so dead-on! I've been going through those exact stages lately and I didn't even know it!

Cronny on
  • AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    :D

Thanks for the compliments you guys! I feel like I haven't had a winning strip in quite a while, but with that last one I posted here really made me feel like I was connecting with my comics again.

Of course, then shit happened and now I am going downhill again BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

I will take the good with the bad and keep on keepin' on.

Will post more (good) comics here when they come to fruition.

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
    edited January 2009
    I feel like I've been on a roll with some of the most recent strips:

20090113.gif

20090115.gif
    20090116.gif
    20090117.gif
    20090118.gif

20090122.gif

Part 1
    20090124.gif
    Part 2
    20090125.gif

Allan on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Some great stuff... I really need to read your comic from the beginning. (Also, I loved the "I want your knife in me" punch line, but i felt it took a little too long to get there.)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited January 2009
    Haha, thanks Nap! I definitely recommend it from the beginning.

Allan on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ahahaha. Alan your face in the last panel on your newest comic... priceless. Reminds me of Ren & Stimpy a bit :^:

Prospicience on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The one where you temporarily "get real" is one of my favorites.

KalTorak on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You need to inform us more about the new chick. She's just looking like a face, whereas some oldies I remember were a little more...zany.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited January 2009
    You're right, srsizzy. The past 3 comics have been about Ashley and I plan on making more! I'm kinda learning along with you guys, too, so be patient heh.

Allan on
    edited January 2009
    EDIT: Edited it a bit:

20090127.png

AND bonus panel is here (if anyone wants to see it you gotta vote).

...I am a whore.

Allan on
  • RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    dude
    I love your comic

Robcham on
    edited January 2009
    Thank you, Robcham!

(I love you)

Allan on
    edited January 2009
    Allan wrote: »
    You're right, srsizzy. The past 3 comics have been about Ashley and I plan on making more! I'm kinda learning along with you guys, too, so be patient heh.
    Allan, make your girlfriend do something crazy so that I can be entertained.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited January 2009
    I will get RIGHT ON THAT!

Allan on
    edited January 2009
    I will get RIGHT ON THAT!

:lol: and get right on it you did!

Prospicience on
    edited January 2009
    :lol: and get right on it you did!
    Exactly, Prosp!

Srsizzy, this one's for you:

20090130.gif

Allan on
    edited January 2009
    ew, boobs
    :D

srsizzy on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like the way her mind works.

Kendeathwalker on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haha

Oh god I deleted my comic bookmarks a while ago and someone reminded me of this

It has gotten hilarious, the knife one was great

about ashley though, how does she take your horrible dead pan joking?

The Black Hunter on
    edited February 2009
    Ashley seems to be a pretty good sport about my awful sense of humor.

I would think most women would normally not understand that I am trying to be funny; smaller brains, etc.

Allan on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Of course because they are all crazy

The Black Hunter on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well hey, looks like you got a new partner in crime.

Good idea on letting her in on the webcomic upfront. We wouldn't want another scenario like last time.

Godfather on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So did you hear about how the first female leading astraunaut lost like 10,000 dollars because she wanted to clean a mess on the side of the rocket ship on the outside or something. And she left her tools sitting on it and they floated off into space. WOMEN DRIVERS!!

Edit: waaaaaaaaiiiiiiit... Allan something just occured to me, Have you ever worked at ralphs before?

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited February 2009
    So did you hear about how the first female leading astraunaut lost like 10,000 dollars because she wanted to clean a mess on the side of the rocket ship on the outside or something. And she left her tools sitting on it and they floated off into space. WOMEN DRIVERS!!

Edit: waaaaaaaaiiiiiiit... Allan something just occured to me, Have you ever worked at ralphs before?

Never worked at Ralphs. Why, you think you met someone who fits my description? In California? Near Redlands or Sacramento?

Allan on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kind of yes who wears a hat with the little watcha-ma call it on his head and has scruffy brown hair and act's slightly humerous but pisses alot of people off. Except I worked with him at a tiny ralphs but its not you, never mindddd.

Edit: Plus i'm not at sacramento so definitelyyy not.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited February 2009
    Check it out. Color.

20090204.png

Annnnnnd a bonus panel. (kinda)

Allan on
    edited February 2009
    kind of yes who wears a hat with the little watcha-ma call it on his head and has scruffy brown hair and act's slightly humerous but pisses alot of people off. Except I worked with him at a tiny ralphs but its not you, never mindddd.

Edit: Plus i'm not at sacramento so definitelyyy not.
    Yeah I'm not at Sacramento anymore, but I was.

I'm in Redlands now.

Allan on
    edited February 2009
    Check it out. Color.

fff

Annnnnnd a bonus panel. (kinda)

You tease.

Prospicience on
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Chalk one up in the "Got Hooked and read the whole archive in one day" column. Love your work Allan, you have secured the top left spot on my igoogle home page with your RSS feed. I still have to go to the site to vote and see the bonus panel so do not fret.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    allan, your webcomic is one of my favourites, it's like the first one i check when i get online.

it's so cool to see you updating more often again.

also that first panel in the latest coloured strip looks awesome.

Grim Outlook on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is the mountain in the background in the last (non-bonus) panel symbolizing a boner? Or am I just looking for Freud?

And I'm with Grim; all the recent colored strips have looked fantastic.

KalTorak on
    edited February 2009
    Naw it's not Freudian, there are actually mountains behind my school. Kinda. I can see them from my school. They aren't actually purple, though--that is just something I do.

Nastyman, I am now very glad that I fixed my RSS feed recently! I've always wondered if people who view the RSS feed are giving me hits or not? I would think not...?

Grim, it's always great to hear from you in the strips' comments, and thanks for the compliments on the update-age and the color-age. I've been feelin' pretty pumped lately!

Stay tuned for more stuff.

Allan on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    God damn 4chan.

Godfather on
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    4chan enriches all our lives.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Like pouring fertilizer on flowers.

Allan on
    edited February 2009
    I have been designing a forum for the past few days, now, and I am pretty proud of it.

Since it directly relates to Allan, I figure it'd be OK if I post it here:

http://forum.allancomic.com/

Tell me what you think!

Allan on
    edited February 2009
    I think it's designed really nicely al. I like how it matches the comic, and the "hand-drawn" borders and stuff. Looks good.

Though the whole every single web-comic having its own forum thing...I don't know. It must be cool to have a bunch of people that are gathered because of what you made, but I can only handle one forum at a time, and barely even that. I couldn't imagine managing one myself.

srsizzy on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Allan you glorious bastard

make more comics about the small humors, melancholies, and insights of every day life.

Tam on
    edited February 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Allan you glorious bastard

make more comics about the small humors, melancholies, and insights of every day life.
    FINE! "Today, Tam hounded me and told me what to do! I don't like that guy!!"

;D

Allan on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    it doesnt work on mine..?

Projeck on