As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sad news about Resident0 - Painting Ideas Needed

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My condolences, this is very sad news. I am sorry for your loss.

Pemulis on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So sorry to hear about your loss. I've only been here a little while, but I can recall his posts making me laugh and making me feel welcome in this community.

I'm sure the number of people here who recall him fondly are only a small testiment to what a great person he was.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    titmouse wrote: »
    That is sad.
    I just hate waiting, I got the game pre-ordered and i'm totally drooling over it, I will probably play it non-stop to completion and I don't do that very often on many games...

Dammit, that's like when BallBaggins died.
    :(

Can someone tell me this BallBaggins story?

I did not know Resident0. But I am no less sorry to hear of his passing. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace, amen.

Goose! on
  • Options
    CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sorry about your loss.

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Laonar on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Christ, for some unknown reason, I thought this was about Resident Evil 0 at first.

Then it struck me while the page was loading :|

Condolences.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Terrible news, my condolences as well.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. When I think of such things I always hope that my loved ones will tell the internet about me when my time comes.

Otherwise we're left thinking, "Whatever happened to Resident0? He was a pretty cool guy, and then he up and disappeared..."

:cry:

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    That is sad.
    I just hate waiting, I got the game pre-ordered and i'm totally drooling over it, I will probably play it non-stop to completion and I don't do that very often on many games...

Dammit, that's like when BallBaggins died.
    :(

Can someone tell me this BallBaggins story?

I did not know Resident0. But I am no less sorry to hear of his passing. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace, amen.

MrBallBaggins' last post was about how it was the best Christmas ever and then he died in a car wreck that night or the next.

I'm really sorry for your loss and thank you for being thoughtful and letting everyone know.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If I remember correctly, he was really looking forwards to playing Guitar Hero 3 too.

LewieP on
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You have my deepest condolences and my prayers.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    StopAndSwishStopAndSwish Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    As small as this may be, you have my condolences as well. May Resident0 rest in peace.

StopAndSwish on
  • Options
    Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow..just, wow. I never spoke to him personally, but I knew him from his posts around the forums and it's a shock knowing that such a prominent forumer is no longer with us.

You have my many condolences and he will be sorely missed.

Duchess Prozac on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I didn't know the man, but a loss is always terrible. My sympathies.

He must've been a lucky man to have you let us know like this. I know people here would probably never know if I suddenly died.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SimBen wrote: »

He must've been a lucky man to have you let us know like this. I know people here would probably never know if I suddenly died.
    Yeah, I've thought the same thing. Nobody'd ever think to jump on here and say anything. So here's hoping we live forever.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I never knew him, but it's terrible all the same. I'm sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Condolences ma'am.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    NH03NH03 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Resident0 was a great guy. Had lots of posts and was a prominent part of this community.

He will be missed.

NH03 on
    vincentsig.jpg
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I never spoke to him but I too know how painful it is to lose a loved one. You have my condolences, for what they're worth.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    I never knew him, but it's terrible all the same. I'm sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

My thoughts as well, I wish you and your family the best of luck in these trying times.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He was a great guy. My condolences.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My condolences as well. Best wishes for his family and friends; he'll be missed among us all.

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Never really knew much about him. But I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Also, as far as him waiting for GTA IV, that is really bad and bitter irony. :cry:

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Resident0Resident0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That is sad.

It arrived here yesterday, i've just sat staring at it, i wanted to open it but he wouldve killed me haha. whenever a game he really wanted came i wasnt even allowed to touch it for a week let alone open it.

I was wondering if anyone could do a cartoon or something so i can print and frame it since the ones on here always cracked him up? I'd be so grateful if somebody could do that.

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    CaspianXCaspianX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Wow, I know others have said this too, but this post mirrors my thoughts exactly. Kiri, I hope it's some comfort to you that I only hope that my girlfriend would have the same presence of mind as you've shown if I were to pass away. Maybe it's a tad selfish, but I think that when something like this happens, it's natural for us to become a little introspective and wonder how much we'd be missed if we were in this position ourselves.

... I bet my girlfriend would end up selling 95% of my game collection if it did happen. It would probably pay for my funeral ten times over...

Resident0 wrote: »
    That is sad.

It arrived here yesterday, i've just sat staring at it, i wanted to open it but he wouldve killed me haha. whenever a game he really wanted came i wasnt even allowed to touch it for a week let alone open it.

I was wondering if anyone could do a cartoon or something so i can print and frame it since the ones on here always cracked him up? I'd be so grateful if somebody could do that.

What did you have in mind? Did you mean something about GTAIV or... just a cartoon in general? I know I'm just some random guy who posted on the same message board as the departed, but if there's anything I can do to help just now, I'd like to try.

CaspianX on
    sigv2a.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    CaspianX wrote: »

Wow, I know others have said this too, but this post mirrors my thoughts exactly. Kiri, I hope it's some comfort to you that I only hope that my girlfriend would have the same presence of mind as you've shown if I were to pass away. Maybe it's a tad selfish, but I think that when something like this happens, it's natural for us to become a little introspective and wonder how much we'd be missed if we were in this position ourselves.

... I bet my girlfriend would end up selling 95% of my game collection if it did happen. It would probably pay for my funeral ten times over...

That is sad.

What did you have in mind? Did you mean something about GTAIV or... just a cartoon in general? I know I'm just some random guy who posted on the same message board as the departed, but if there's anything I can do to help just now, I'd like to try.

just something random that would make him laugh, maybe about gta iv or anything really, maybe even one with him in?

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My condolences to you and everyone else who cared about him, Kiri.

Aldo on
  • Options
    CaspianXCaspianX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll see if I can whip something up sometime this week.

CaspianX on
    sigv2a.gif
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man. That "location" thing seems... uh... strangely inappropriate.

Anyway, here's a random "cartoon" I drew like six months ago. One of the oldest jokes in the book. It doesn't have him in it or anything, but I'm really goddamn tired and can't think of anything funny at the moment.

dontwalk.gif

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh nooo Resident0...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Kiri. We will miss him dearly and thank you very much for telling us. My condolences.

I've had a letter written of things I'd like people to do for me when I pass away. In the envelope actually has my Username and Password written in it asking to inform these forums.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My thoughts and hopes are with your family. He'll be missed around here.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    No way. Shit, I noticed him when he'd post. Man, this honestly breaks my heart.

My deepest condolences. I can only imagine what you're going through. I'll certainly notice his absence.

I guess this is the third person I've known this year who's passed away. Damn...

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    At the same time, this makes me stand back and look at how tight of a community we are, that I can honestly feel pretty sad that someone I never physically met has passed away. I felt like I knew him.

Odd thing this internet. I wonder, should I pass away, if anyone would think to tell the communities that I'm very much a part of that I'm gone. These online communities, nerdy though they may be, are very much a part of my person, and I spent so many hours on these boards that I'd hope one of my friends would think to do this.

Take solace in knowing that this is something I'm sure Resident0 would very much appreciate.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That is sad.

just something random that would make him laugh, maybe about gta iv or anything really, maybe even one with him in?
    If you mean the main site's comics, I'm sorry to say that the forums are not associated with the making of the comics.

Looking through the comic's archives, here's a universally good one that doesn't have swearing:
    20061015.jpg

Maybe others can put up some good examples of the comic.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LewieP's mom is a fantastic artist and has contributed to PA before, maybe she can whip something up.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Resident must have played every game at least once. His knowledge of every genre was pretty astounding and it is really hard to deal with that he won't get to see the newest generation of toys.

He was a great guy with a great sense of humor. Goodbye bro.

Shockwave on
    shockwavesig.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I never got to know him, personally, but I did know him here. I'm going to miss him a lot. I'll be saying a few prayers for him, and the family and friends.

Edit - And thank you for letting us know. I don't like seeing people I know drop off the grid. Closure is something I've come to appreciate.

Henroid on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man...this sucks. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your/resident0's family. Thank you for taking the time to let us know, I'm sure that had to be hard to do.

This also has me thinking...I do need to write a 'death letter' for my wife or whoever in case something happens, and if I do, I probably ought to include information on what forums to pass the word to. Man the internet is odd...

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'll see if I can whip something up sometime this week.

I cant believe how many people on here knew him and are going to miss him!

Resident0 on
    sig.gif