As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

• Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    animale wrote:
    Did you illegaly obtain those 4 seasons?
    Season three just came out recently on DVD.

I just finished Season 2. Should be able to watch all of Season 3 tomorrow and then Season 4 on Sunday.

Edit: Man, I'm on Episode 1 of Season 3, and 2 minutes into the episode:

[spoiler:9577903cd1]Nightcrawler steals a police car. Also, Nick Fury just showed up.[/spoiler:9577903cd1]

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2006
    animale wrote:

I'm well aware of this. That doesn't answer my question, though. That's like someone asking you ''Did you kill this man?'' and answering ''Well, he just had a son!''.

Whippy on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    animale wrote:

I'm well aware of this. That doesn't answer my question, though. That's like someone asking you ''Did you kill this man?'' and answering ''Well, he just had a son!''.
    Well he now has someone to continue his line so no big loss. :p

Anyways I just started going through my Batman Beyond DVDs and I totally had forgotten how awesome the music is. I really should go and buy the soundtrack one of these days. [/happy consumer whore]

animale on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    animale wrote:

You of all people should be aware Whippy that discussing illegally downloaded files is against the rules here. I've returned your PM.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Oh god, I had forgotten about Quickwart. This show (Toad) is hilarious.

Daric on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Is it just me or are the lines kinda blurry on JL Season 2? Not all of them and not all of the time, but a large portion of the animation seems...sketchy. This is off of both my computer and tv.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I've only watched them on this crappy TV so far, so I can't say for sure. But, on Hearts & Minds, I think one of the lines Gallius says at the beginning is fucked up. Right before Katma tells him to shut up. I'm gonna have to watch my tape when I get home for a comparison.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    So, a question for you dudes...

There was some talk in the CoH chat the other night about my episode things, and someone suggested I make like..a sort of podcast thing of me commenting on a episode while I watch it. Then you could listen to me while you watch the episode, and I would say insightful stuff like "what's up with that dude's hat?"

Is there any interest in this besides the like...4 people in the chat who were offering me naked pictures for doing it?

So what happened to this? This would be grand.

Do it.

Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Lave wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

There was some talk in the CoH chat the other night about my episode things, and someone suggested I make like..a sort of podcast thing of me commenting on a episode while I watch it. Then you could listen to me while you watch the episode, and I would say insightful stuff like "what's up with that dude's hat?"

Is there any interest in this besides the like...4 people in the chat who were offering me naked pictures for doing it?

Do it.

I'd totally give you naked pictures for doing it.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited June 2006
    Lave wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Do it.

I'd totally give you naked pictures for doing it.

I'll make a Jordyn in the audience silhouette and sub it over the episode:

[spoiler:1e8bfe2399]I don't know how to do this - but I expect iDVD/iMovie could do it. And it would be total piracy - blah blah etc.[/spoiler:1e8bfe2399]

The only people who see me naked get a penis inside them as compensation. And I don't think anyone here wants that.

Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Basically, I know how to record crap, I just don't have a place to host 20-40 minutes of my apparently "sultry" voice.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Basically, I know how to record crap, I just don't have a place to host 20-40 minutes of my apparently "sultry" voice.

You just want to keep a low profile because you're tired of nerds awkwardly trying to flirt with you... beautiful.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    QuillonQuillon Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

What about a YouTube type deal? You could just throw up some random b.s. as the video (like, um... somewhere did for the "AOL Cancellation" video and just put some hot air balloons floating around). Name it something innocuous so no one will happen across it and just post the link here?

Quillon on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

I'm going to be getting some hosting soon (this week), so I'll be able to host them for you.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

I'm going to be getting some hosting soon (this week), so I'll be able to host them for you.

Oh man, seriously?

That would be totally rad, Keith.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, I'll probably be getting it later today, once I put some money into my Paypal account and I come up with a domain name.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Plenty of bandwidth left on the old dreamhost.

Indeed, finding someone to host it won't be a problem. You could even torrent it, for extra geekiness?

It would be pretty hard-core if someone took the audio and overlaid it on top of the original ep and stuck a silhouette in the foreground, but that could happily be done by some other bugger once Jordyn had "laid down the track".

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Framling will probably be making jokes with me, since we're funnier as a team.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2006
    I picked up Superman Vol. 1 and 2, because they were on sale, and together, cost less than one volume of Batman.

I think Mxpxlated (I don't think that's how it's spelled) and The Late Mr. Kent are my favorite episodes.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Mxyzpixilated felt a lot like Looney/Tiny Toons, which makes sense since Dini wrote it.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TankTank Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    I picked up Superman Vol. 1 and 2, because they were on sale, and together, cost less than one volume of Batman.

I think Mxpxlated (I don't think that's how it's spelled) and The Late Mr. Kent are my favorite episodes.

Yeah, those episode are my personal favs too. I also like the Bizzarro episodes.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I was watching the first episodes of Volume 3 a few days ago. Man, the third season kicked ass.

"Apokolips... Now!" Is absolutely fucking awesome.

Also, I would like to submit that Timm, Dini, and Company created the best incarnation of Supergirl ever. Except when they sent her into the future, I was kind of pissed about that. But she's still excellent in almost every way.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    I was watching the first episodes of Volume 3 a few days ago. Man, the third season kicked ass.

Also, I would like to submit that Timm, Dini, and Company created the best incarnation of Supergirl ever. Except when they sent her into the future, I was kind of pissed about that. But she's still excellent in almost every way.

if that episode (or episodes) are what im thinking of.
    you are correct, its fucking awesome.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Oh man, the ending of "The Terror Beyond" was sad.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    PatboyX wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

if that episode (or episodes) are what im thinking of.
    you are correct, its fucking awesome.

[spoiler:82c66d76bf]"Goodbye old friend. In the end, the world didn't need a super man... just a brave one."[/spoiler:82c66d76bf]

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I keep calling people "Poozer" and they get offended.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    When someone calls me "Poozer," I giggle.

Not a lot of people around here call me that though.

*sigh*

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2006
    So, I've been away on vacation for a week. I picked up Superman Vol. 3 and JLA Vol. 2 yesterday but wavered on the new Superman movie. How terrible/bearable is it? I flipped back a couple of pages and couldn't see any discussion of it.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    We talked about it for a bit somewhere back there.

Honestly, it was pretty awful.

This is from World's Finest Online:
    Before I address the movie itself, I want to quickly touch upon “wacky Lex.” He’s modeled after the Richard Donner version of Lex Luthor, from the Superman live-action features. Writer Duane Capizzi even says so. He says that while the movie has the look of the Bruce Timm animated series, it’s a stand alone movie that can be considered out of continuity, and draws influences from many different aspects of the Superman lore.

Timm wasn't involved at all. Some voice actors were changed (Lex and Brainiac), and Lex was all kooky and comic relief-y. I'm a bit annoyed that they changed all this other stuff, but still kept the Timm look. It felt like, I dunno, tricking people into watching it. Almost like false advertising.

The story wasn't that great, the Superman telling Lois his identity really wasn't resolved at all, a lot of the action sequences went on too long...

If you want to see it, download it or borrow a copy. Honestly, I don't think I'll even buy a copy.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Did they ever try to explain why Kyle Rainer wasn't the GL anymore?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Mysst wrote:

Katma Tui mentions that John sent him to her to train.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Mysst wrote:

They also show him still as a Green Lantern in The Return, as he discusses trading places with John because John doesn't want to be around all his woman troubles.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    If you want to see it, download it or borrow a copy. Honestly, I don't think I'll even buy a copy.

*sigh* Such a wasted opportunity. I also agree that if they were going to alter the feel of the characters from what had been established, then they should have redesigned them, maybe gone for something closer to the The Batman style to set it apart from the Diniverse stuff.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

They also show him still as a Green Lantern in The Return, as he discusses trading places with John because John doesn't want to be around all his woman troubles.

Would that even work? I mean, what if he starts to shack up with Katma again? Then things get even worse.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

Would that even work? I mean, what if he starts to shack up with Katma again? Then things get even worse.

Don't look at me, it was his dumbass idea.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

Don't look at me, it was his dumbass idea.

Great, now I have a Kat-Shiera-Vixen three-way in my head. :winky:

Tach on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Oh man, seriously?

That would be totally rad, Keith.

okay never mind. Hosting costs a lot more than I thought it would.

What about rapidshare?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    *has all sorts of hosting*

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    bobgorila wrote:

the sort that could perhaps host some audio?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:

the sort that could perhaps host some audio?
    <bobgorila> no probably not

Orikaeshigitae on