As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

99.9% of these [chat]ters ain't shit

• Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I think Xander Crews is my hero.

a2301458_44088396_1994.jpg

My hero.

Satan. on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    celery77 wrote: »
    This. this is why it's the rule. The Rule, even.

Yep. Though maybe only for girls. Because I think girls might be more perceptive on average than guys.
    'xism

If you're going to make those kinds of allegations, then you're gonna have to show that you can figure out when is the right moment to stick your finger in a girl's butt without asking her first.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I find myself unexpectedly uninfracted

Senjutsu on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yep. Though maybe only for girls. Because I think girls might be more perceptive on average than guys.
    'xism
    If you're going to make those kinds of allegations, then you're gonna have to show that you can figure out when is the right moment to stick your finger in a girl's butt without asking her first.
    You only say these things because you think "it's too easy, he won't go for it," right? I suspect, however, that you're very, very wrong.

Thanatos on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    So I felt like listening to this sad song so I look on youtube and there's only one video that has it, which is also set to home video of the areas of Seattle (Capitol Hill) I butted heads with before cutting my losses and heading east again.

Feels weird. :|

EDIT: I don't really get the fingers in butts conversation. It's not like the awkwardness that would arise from a flub would be insurmountable.

Oboro on
    words
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

It's not even in your profile. What post did it?

Dynagrip on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

wat

Medopine on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The best advice I can give you is to first request copies of all documents, including you tax returns from 2003 from the IRS. Calling Company A will only lead to grief.

If the situation is as you described, seek out one of my legal comrades in your local area to help you negotiate with the IRS to clear up this discrepancy. Since you admitted to what amounts to tax fraud in your OP (and yes, even on a small scale, tax fraud is tax fraud, including getting paid under the table) the last thing you want to is to divulge that to the IRS…unless you would like to enjoy the simple pleasures of an audit. Your friend may be screwed regardless of what you do, but at least you can clear up your own involvement.
    Listen to CoJoe. I was about to tell you the same thing regarding admitting tax fraud to the IRS.

Personally, I wouldn't get a lawyer for this until I was sure I needed one. Since all they're doing is looking at 2006 returns, I would call up the IRS and tell them "I didn't work for this company in 2006, there has been some sort of mistake," and work it out from there (without admitting you did under-the-table work).

Illegal advice in H/A?

Bwa?

TL DR on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Quid and I were up to Shenanigans and Tom-Foolery last night, is all

Senjutsu on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Quid and I were up to Shenanigans and Tom-Foolery last night, is all
    A good night it was.

I do not want to go in to work tomorrow. Hindsight, I should have scheduled the move for then.

Quid on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dude I seriously kinda hurt my shoulder playing ping pong this weekend, how sad is that?

Did you play Eric?

Did you win?

Sami on
    edited May 2008
    The best advice I can give you is to first request copies of all documents, including you tax returns from 2003 from the IRS. Calling Company A will only lead to grief.

If the situation is as you described, seek out one of my legal comrades in your local area to help you negotiate with the IRS to clear up this discrepancy. Since you admitted to what amounts to tax fraud in your OP (and yes, even on a small scale, tax fraud is tax fraud, including getting paid under the table) the last thing you want to is to divulge that to the IRS…unless you would like to enjoy the simple pleasures of an audit. Your friend may be screwed regardless of what you do, but at least you can clear up your own involvement.
    Listen to CoJoe. I was about to tell you the same thing regarding admitting tax fraud to the IRS.

Personally, I wouldn't get a lawyer for this until I was sure I needed one. Since all they're doing is looking at 2006 returns, I would call up the IRS and tell them "I didn't work for this company in 2006, there has been some sort of mistake," and work it out from there (without admitting you did under-the-table work).
    Illegal advice in H/A?

Bwa?
    What part of that advice was illegal?

You have heard of the fifth amendment, right?

Thanatos on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    H/A stuff

Is this really the vector to approach this with? How about... posting in that thread? Contacting a mod? Contacting Than?

Satan. on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

'xism

Been there, done that.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited May 2008
    'xism
    Been there, done that.
    She hands you that one on a silver platter, and you don't take it? Really?

Thanatos on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    H/A stuff

Is this really the vector to approach this with? How about... posting in that thread? Contacting a mod? Contacting Than?

Figured this would be less formal. Not trying to disrupt the H/A thread either.

Than: Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was a specific loophole regarding the IRS :P

TL DR on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    Dude I seriously kinda hurt my shoulder playing ping pong this weekend, how sad is that?

Did you play Eric?

Did you win?
    No, I lost. We played on a wretched table and he scored the entirety of his points off my mistakes, and I still just barely lost. Plus he only played me one game, so whatevs...

But tip of the hat -- the man got the better of me.

edited May 2008
    H/A stuff

What did you think was illegal about it?

Thanatos on
    edited May 2008
    Rape jokes get old, fast. Same with sexual assault / molestation jokes, all that crap.

It's an idiotic statement to say "women are more perceptive than men."

Moving on...

edited May 2008
    SISTER: It's Monday night. It's not that long.
    OBORO: What do I do until then.
    SISTER: Well ... you can't do anything. You need to see what they say.
    OBORO: So I don't see any other doctors until then?
    SISTER: Right.
    OBORO: Can I stop looking for a job?
    SISTER: There's no point, sure.
    OBORO: So what do I do.
    SISTER: You don't do anything. I said that. Just wait until Monday.
    OBORO: Can I have a few dollars so I can get around?
    SISTER: Where would you want to go?
    OBORO: ...
    SISTER: Right! Exactly. So just sit still until Monday. You usually just sit around, anyway.

:evil:

Oboro on
    words
    edited May 2008
    Well.... do you sit around a lot? I see you posting often, she may have a point.

Sami on
    edited May 2008
    H/A stuff

What did you think was illegal about it?

Perpetuating tax fraud as opposed to paying what he owes

TL DR on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rape jokes get old, fast. Same with sexual assault / molestation jokes, all that crap.

It's an idiotic statement to say "women are more perceptive than men."

Moving on...

Yes, I meant that in complete earnestness, too :P

And Than, I think the part he found questionable was the "not telling the whole truth to the IRS" part.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Reporting for awesome to the D+D peeps

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=10979

Medopine on
  • HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    SISTER: It's Monday night. It's not that long.
    OBORO: What do I do until then.
    SISTER: Well ... you can't do anything. You need to see what they say.
    OBORO: So I don't see any other doctors until then?
    SISTER: Right.
    OBORO: Can I stop looking for a job?
    SISTER: There's no point, sure.
    OBORO: So what do I do.
    SISTER: You don't do anything. I said that. Just wait until Monday.
    OBORO: Can I have a few dollars so I can get around?
    SISTER: Where would you want to go?
    SISTER: Right! Exactly. So just sit still until Monday. You usually just sit around, anyway.

:evil:
    What happens on Monday?

Hilger on
    edited May 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    Well.... do you sit around a lot? I see you posting often, she may have a point.
    She has all of my money. I live in Westchester county, New York, on the Connecticut border. It takes money to get anywhere. She puts words in my mouth to deny me my money to keep me from going anywhere because I can't come up with a 'good reason.'

When I don't sit around, things go awry because of the control she tries to exert. It's just offensive because it's like chaining someone down and then blaming themselves for not walking out the door that they can't reach.

EDIT: On Monday she's going to try and hospitalize me somewhere, but because she doesn't ruin her weekend by driving me there sooner (it's like an hour and a half, two hours round trip) I have to wait until Monday night.

Oboro on
    words
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Reporting for awesome to the D+D peeps

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=10979

ha I just read that.

Hachface on
    edited May 2008
    Obo jesus just wait until Monday.

Read a book, watch TV, go for a short walk if you're suffocating indoors or some shit, damn.

edited May 2008

Read a book, watch TV, go for a short walk if you're suffocating indoors or some shit, damn.
    Man, I don't know. I don't think I'm making an unreasonable demand to ask her to just drive me there sooner instead of asking me to put my life on hold for another four days. She's going to take me there to try and get me put into a crisis ward. How the fuck do you parse doing that when you can afford to make the person wait around for four days?

Oboro on
    words
    edited May 2008
    After tonight, don't leave your girl 'round me
    Heart breaker for life :whistle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yWTZWtE2yM&feature=related

Sami on
    edited May 2008

Man, I don't know. I don't think I'm making an unreasonable demand to ask her to just drive me there sooner instead of asking me to put my life on hold for another four days. She's going to take me there to try and get me put into a crisis ward. How the fuck do you parse doing that when you can afford to make the person wait around for four days?
    Just wait four days. Four days is a drop in the bucket of life. Calm down, be patient, and fucking wait.

edited May 2008
    Obo, walk to a book store, read Ultimate Spiderman.

Quid on
    edited May 2008
    I fucking LOVE that Murs song.

Murs is kind of a misogynist little dude, though.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I thought the male equivalent to the g-spot or whatever was in the pooper though?

Yeah, you can massage the prostate and essentially force an orgasm. But for most people its incredibly uncomfortable.
    Cite? Cause pretty much every sex book I've read says different.

What I heard on love line.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited May 2008
    Oh I heard a funny story about him being sleazy and trying to fuck this girl I know, too.

edited May 2008
    :|

Celery is cool as ice. Celery would take care of this no problem. It's Oboro's shortcomings that make the idea unpalatable, as usual. It's always what's wrong with me, and never what's wrong with the situation. :/

EDIT: There are no book stores. The houses here cost millions of dollars. There are no sidewalks for miles at a time. If you don't believe me, I'll pull down the Barnes & Noble and Borders books store finders and you can punch my address in and see for yourself. I have the library, now, I'll give you that. I might mosey on down to that library. It's an idea I've had.

Oboro on
    words
    edited May 2008
    :|

Celery is cool as ice. Celery would take care of this no problem. It's Oboro's shortcomings that make the idea unpalatable, as usual. It's always what's wrong with me, and never what's wrong with the situation. :/
    PATIENCE, MAN!

It's just patience.

I have no doubt it might be a shitty situation. I've spent years of my life trying to get out of shitty situations. Four days really isn't shit. So just be patient, and que sera sera. I have no doubt you have every right to feel aggrieved, but bitching over a four day wait is just that -- bitching.

edited May 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I thought the male equivalent to the g-spot or whatever was in the pooper though?

Yeah, you can massage the prostate and essentially force an orgasm. But for most people its incredibly uncomfortable.
    Cite? Cause pretty much every sex book I've read says different.

What I heard on love line.
    Well shit, if Adam Corolla said it's true.

Did someone at least convince you that it's not psychological?

Quid on
    edited May 2008
    For some reason I thought that was an usher lyric

Medopine on
    edited May 2008
    Whatever. Whatever whatever whatever. I'm not even supposed to be posting this kind of shit. I really want to say "I'll disappear, I'll go do something else," but I have the stir-crazy energy and there's nothing else for me, especially at night. So, sorry. I'll log out and read from the shadows for a while.

Oboro on
    words
This discussion has been closed.