As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON] GTA4 on PS3 Lonely Hearts Club Band

1234568»

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What kind of usb mic/headset do I need to look for? I'm thinking of picking up a cheapy at my local computer wholesaler. I don't want a bluetooth, far too expensive. Will any usb one do?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yea any USB one will work. i suggest getting one with an inline volume control, so you can actually maybe hear the voices on your headset.

Ah_Pook on
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One of my favorite moments in a Cops and Crooks game was when I dropped an grenade out the window while being persued by the five-oh, and seeing 4 kill registers pop up.

Uncooked and EVERYTHING.

Wombat!! on
  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh god. I have such a ridiculous hangover. Someone mentioned playing Hangman's Noose. I barely even remember that. The games were fun as shit, but damn, I don't need to drink like that again. I'm an old man. I'll just do it in game from now on.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Headset = YES!

I just tried it out, but couldn't understand a word the guy was saying. It sounded like James Earl Jones speaking into a distortion unit.

I hope this isn't the experience I should be expecting... but lets get it on later tonight! I wanna' test this shit out.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    edited May 2008
    i literally cant hear anything out of my headset, its retarded. the thing to do until they add in theoretical volume controls is to set the voice chat to come through your speakers instead of the headset. at least then you can hear what people are saying.

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    Liberty City in ten minutes - be there!

Chance on
    edited May 2008
    if i didnt have to work at 6am i would totally be there. tomorrow night im in like a guy thats in though.

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i literally cant hear anything out of my headset, its retarded. the thing to do until they add in theoretical volume controls is to set the voice chat to come through your speakers instead of the headset. at least then you can hear what people are saying.

I got myself a Logitech USB with in-line volume control and aside from that first guy who sounded like nothing it's been working well - I managed to get into a Supercars race with a foulmouthed Brit who was talkin' trash and tried to PITT maneuver me out of the race. Well he was, until he wiped out and I blew past him on a straightaway. Then he just quit.

Chance on
    edited May 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    if i didnt have to work at 6am i would totally be there. tomorrow night im in like a guy thats in though.
    It's a date! I'll bring flowers for your graaaaave...

Chance on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I gotta start adding you guys, playing with randoms who don't have mics is pretty damn boring!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    So after a bunch of quick matches last night I got my level up to 5. Today I hop on and do a quick Bomb Da Base, get my three grand and I see I've leveled up! To level one!

What the fuck? Has anyone else had this happen? What does the Dr. prescribe? I'm so peeved I'm putting this in the general GTA thread... I want answers, damnit!

Chance on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    So after a bunch of quick matches last night I got my level up to 5. Today I hop on and do a quick Bomb Da Base, get my three grand and I see I've leveled up! To level one!

What the fuck? Has anyone else had this happen? What does the Dr. prescribe? I'm so peeved I'm putting this in the general GTA thread... I want answers, damnit!
    did you save afterwards the other night..............

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    edited May 2008
    So I log back in to see if I need to go bring my backup profile over from my Hong Kong account (it may work?), my level is back where it was. I dunno what happened, I dunno why - but it pissed me off somethin' fierce. You're the only person who responded to my predicament - thank you! Although I should note I haven't saved it once since I beat the game and went on a date with the Craplist girl, and my multiplayer profile seems to keep itself up to date.

Anyway, it's Sunday, it's 10:00 - are we gonna' get down to some PA GTA F.U.N. in like an hour or so?

Chance on
    edited May 2008
    im here, ive got some beers, and im ready to shoot some dudes

anyone around?

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    The only other PA dude I see on my friends list in GTA is postenl...

Chance on
    edited May 2008
    im going to turn on my ps3 right now, shoot me an invite or what have you

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    There's a good reason this is the highest-rated game of the new generation. Holy value batman. Team Carjack City was a blast tonight >.<

Edit: Next time we should totally play King Kong.

Chance on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just achieved what I will coin as an "Aquatic Vertical Takedown"

Its where I was in a helicopter and I smashed another helicopter into the water by landing on its rotors.

My roommate and I were laughing for so long :lol:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, i'm trying to find a usb headset type thing where it's just the microphone. Does such a thing exist?

I've got a nice sound system set-up and nice headphones for when I need them, I'm not really wanting or needing headphones with my mic.

For example.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Find a cheap copy of "eye of judgement" (should be easy to do) and use the eyetoy as your mic.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited May 2008
    Adda wrote: »
    Find a cheap copy of "eye of judgement" (should be easy to do) and use the eyetoy as your mic.

But that fails the headset prerequisite. What with it lacking the ability to sit, on my head.

I suppose I could put the eyetoy on my head, but trying to keep it balanced whilst playing GTA 4 may be problematic for me.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    But that fails the headset prerequisite. What with it lacking the ability to sit, on my head.

I suppose I could put the eyetoy on my head, but trying to keep it balanced whilst playing GTA 4 may be problematic for me.

We could go all McGyver and strap that thing to your head!

I've just sat it on my tv or coffee table and it picks up my voice just fine so if you don't need it on your head then it is an option.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, i'm trying to find a usb headset type thing where it's just the microphone. Does such a thing exist?

I've got a nice sound system set-up and nice headphones for when I need them, I'm not really wanting or needing headphones with my mic.

For example.
    well i'm not sure if you can hear the other people without headphones that are separate from the regular output, maybe there's a way though

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    edited May 2008
    That seems to depend on the game. In Call of Duty 4 I was able to hear what people were saying on their headset through my TV's speakers, but with GTA IV I wasn't able to hear any chat until I got a headset of my own. Perhaps there's a way to tell the system to rout it into your speakers, but I couldn't find it.

Chance on
    edited May 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

For example.
    well i'm not sure if you can hear the other people without headphones that are separate from the regular output, maybe there's a way though

Look at the headsets at my link, they're the type where the headphones are also for the game sound itself too. As in to listen to the sound you must use the headset rather than some nice speakers.

I'm now thinking this is probably my best bet for a headset. Something where I get sound through my speakers and voice through the headset.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    edited May 2008
    under the setup menu for headsets (accessories->audio device setup or something like that) theres an option to have voip output through whatever headset, or the default audio device (ie, your speakers)

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    hey anyone up for some holiday weekend gta4ing?

Ah_Pook on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    if anyone's around in this ridiculous timezone i'm about to jump online to test out the EYE for voice chat

add me as a friend (bsjezz) and invite me, i'll be around for a while

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm getting my PS3 this coming Thursday! Can I join up with you guys when I do?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I'm getting my PS3 this coming Thursday! Can I join up with you guys when I do?

Well, no one replied to you, but I too will be getting a PS3 this Thursday (hopefully), so we can play together. *solitary tear*

:winky:

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am up for some deatmatch right now.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will be milling about tonight after I do a little yard work. So probably around 7PM EST. PSN is Bolthorn. I have a mic. Yesterday was the first time I was able to do some online. I enjoyed it.

Bolthorn on
  • thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Anyone still playing this?

Just got a PS3 and GTA4 and would like to get into this online, but the random matches are utterly lacking when it comes to some of the coop game types.

My PSN ID is "ohvermie," currently residing in North America with a headset.

....or is everyone playing MGS4? >_<

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!