As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bloodline game - Dwarf Fortress - I have pulled my proverbial finger out

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    awwww crap
    i'm almost up

this is suspenseful

redfenix on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I expect Chico to have remade the entire fortress into a gigantic stone weiner by my time.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuck.

I'm going to have to draw up some new plans now.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    I hope to finish my stuff by tomorrow, I'll post it as soon as I can.

Sorry for the delay.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I haven't bothered playing with anything that uses power yet, I'm all about crazy patterns and things.

Also Bahamut, can trolls destroy walls then O.o, or can they not destroy constructions, or something. Because otherwise it seems like they'd be able to just smash through an entire fortress if you ever had to destroy the natural walls and rebuild them. I think I might have to get rid of the bars an exchange them for a bridge of some kind.
    I don't think they can destroy constructions like walls you built yourself, but I'm not certain. I know they can destroy doors, floodgates, workshops and such.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I expect Chico to have remade the entire fortress into a gigantic stone weiner by my time.

This was what I was going to do, but having Chico in front of me instantly voids any possibility of being original doesn't it ?

If he doesn't do it I'm going ahead with my plan though, there would be at least two dongs.
    One was going to be the throne room, with two offices at the start of a corridor, one on either side, then a corridor going up, to a semicircular throne room.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    dwbilli.png

D:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes

I was just play Descent, that game kicks arse. I won!

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    ahahahaha

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Salt water crocodiles fuck your shit up. I think I'm going to have to draw it past some stonefall traps or something, or maybe cage traps. Who knows.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man I thought Rank said he would have this like 2 days ago. No real rush or anything, I am just curious to see if it is still there. I know there are demons somewhere in that mountain.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Did you be using regional prospector!
    Kay.

Now to type vaguely normally, Rank said he would be finished playing a couple days ago or something, I assume he will write it up sooner or later, but we have plenty of time, we have, forever.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thread killed by Rank. Good going Rank.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yeah, i've been super-busy lately too, so it's nice that someone else killed it instead of me.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm still waiting on Rank, I have faith.
    He might have taken the option I gave him of finishing Fallout's time and his own, which means he had almost double the time to play / narrate, we will see.
    If he folds, 2 in a row folding will pretty much have killed it yes. I was going to bump it early to keep it, semi active, but I kept posting to myself and that is just shameful :P

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    goddamn it rank

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wow. So uh. Someone else should go now.

(lets all blame stim)

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    man I told stim to just skip me like a week ago

shit came up, I ain't got the time right now

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    wheee

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah Rank I know it isn't your fault, just ugh my brain when 2 people in a row couldn't do it and blaahhh.
    Is your bumbing this SO meaning you want me to send it on to someone ?

E: Also my excuse for not sending it on yet is I had a bunch of final projects due in last week. And this week I needed to be drunk.

Skipping redfenix because he said he is super busy, of course I will slip him in later if he wants to play.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    PM sent out to Chico.
    And Synth seeing as you know things about DF, do I need to run a gigantic stair case down along where I'd like to build a vertical axle, or is there an easier way?

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You could build a stack of gears, but yeah, you will definitely need access to build the machinery.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I built this really cool trap the other day, or I thought it was, where there is a room full of water above a part of the hall into my fort, one lever pulls, closes everyone in with floodgates, another pulled fills the room with water, then manual pumps to drain the room back up to the room above. I thought it was cool at least, unfortunately it leaves a 1/7 water on every tile in the drowning area, can't be helped though.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have started playing. Don't you worry.

I will make an update of my progress very soon.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh god. This place is a fucking mess. Obviously it's all Artreus' fault, since he's the Mayor and all.

cockrocker.jpg
    I am ChicoBlue and I am the COCK ROCKER OF RAGCRATER. I'M IN CHARGE NOW.

crazy1.jpg
    Not five minutes into my rule, some bitch goes crazy and starts babbling.
    I'll just lock the door and leave him alone.

crazy2.jpg
    A few minutes later another bitch goes crazy. Apparently she was in bed with the other crazy guy.
    It's obviously some sort of disease. No one gets in the room, and no one gets out.

crazy3.jpg
    It looks like the Crazies got into a crazy fist fight and now one of them is crazy dead.

crazy4.jpg
    ANOTHER CRAZY PERSON. OH SHIT, IT'S SPREADING.

crazy5.jpg
    Is it really angst? Or is it an early symptom of the Artreusfuckedupandnoweveryoneisgoinginsane Plague? I had better keep my eye on him.

god1.jpg
    That's who Artreus worships, by the way. Artreus worships a DUDE. All balls and cock and hairy and Artreus is all like, "SHIN, DROP YOUR JEWELS INTO MY MOUF."

god2.jpg
    And this is who I worship. A totally hot babe who fucks mountains and volcanos. So much better than Artreus' god.

ohsnap.jpg
    Oh shit. It looks like everyone agrees that Artreus is the worst and they have elected a new mayor.

ambush.jpg
    OH FUCK. GOBLINS. ARTREUS, YOU BASTARD! WHY DIDN'T YOU SET UP PROPER DEFENSES? WHY DO WE ONLY HAVE ONE MILITARY DWARF? Good thing there were some heavily armed traders at our depot. They took care of those gobbos no problem.

ohsnap2.jpg
    OH FUCK MORE GOBLINS.

That's it.

artreus.jpg
    I'm moving Artreus' bedroom down the lower levels.

donghold.jpg
    The Donghold is currently under construction.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Donghold

heh

is it possible to get the structure to protrude from the mountain side, letting the world entire see your great manbits?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man my defenses were fucking perfect. Just I had nobody to actually use them.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dwarves going crazy left and right, this is pretty awesome.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It is kinda like a naturally occuring hobo fistfight

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My dong idea can still work, my dong idea will be best used with the visualize function.
    It will be epic.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    levers.jpg
    Hey, look at all these levers. I wonder what they all do. I'd better pull them all to find out.

Oh. They just play with some flood gates in an abandoned part of the fortress. Boooring.

stuff.jpg
    Some merchants stopped by, saw how awesome The Donghold is, dropped all of their stuff at the trade depot and then left.

shiiiit.jpg
    I fixed up the defenses, and they were perfect. Then the river froze over.

gobbos.jpg
    And of course, some goblins showed up. We lost 8 dwarves in the battle, but thankfully I was not one of them.

I have elected myself to be Captain of the Guard. The Donghold is complete and is now my home.

SPRING HAS ARRIVED!

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Excellent work Chico I wake up and I get your pm now I'll download your thing and re upload it a little later, gonna toss the pm over to Synth now however before I have to leave.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So wait was anything happening to make them go mad or did they just start going batshit because that is weird.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    They often go berserk if you leave corpses lying around and they see their friends rot.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    "How much further?" I asked the guide as we picked our way through the rocky cliffs guarding our destination.

"Not far, not far," he said. "In fact, we should be able to see the main battlements around the next bend... there! Behold! Unibsulus, 'Ragcrater'! Your home for the next year!"

Gods help me.

2059wqs.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm never gonna get to play this, am I.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Woah Woah Woah, Synth. How do you do that Visualize?
    Because that one doesn't look at all like the one mine outputs.
    Is this some separate thing?

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Its a separate program.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah I found and downloaded it, haven't tested it yet.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    OH GOD I FOUND OUT WHAT THOSE LEVERS DO

Synthetic Orange on