As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Digital projectors?

AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
So my boss has an Optoma EP749 digital projector.

21lsiW2NkdL.jpg
True XGA (1024 x 768) resolution with SXGA+ compression
2500 lumens rating with 2200:1 contrast ratio

He would like to get a smaller, higher lumen projector. He's also stated that it is important that the colors on his laptop screen and the colors from the projector match. He uses it mostly for Powerpoint and videos. He uses both Mac and PC laptops.

I was looking on newegg and it doesn't seem to be something you can judge by specs. Among 1024x768 models I found a 3,100 lumens one for $3,000 and a 3,200 lumens one for $1,500. There are cheaper units with 2,000:1 contrast ratios and expensive ones with only 400:1 contrast ratios. Obviously it would be nice to actually see each one in action, but I don't think that is possible right now. Anyone have some tips or specific recommendations?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know the difference between Equal and Is, or NotEqual and IsNot? This is in relation to an AS400 (IBM) program, but I imagine it would be the same in other things.

Thanks!

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
AtomBomb on