As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A cartoon movie from the 80's.

YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so I hope to god this thread makes at least the tiniest amount of sense.

I'm looking to find the name of a cartoon movie (maybe TV show?) from the middle to late 80's (probably more towards the middle) that I used to watch when I was a kid.

All I remember was that it was about a colony of people that might have been on another planet and they were having invasions by these Sow Bug type creatures. They would fight them and the bugs would leave and then come back etc. People would die, bugs would die, wash, rinse, repeat.

Then one of the baby bugs get hurt and the people capture it. They eventually decide to fix it up and give it back to the creatures who then stop attacking the people. Everyone lived happily ever after.

I know it sounds like a fucked up cartoon but this has been something i've tried to figure out for the better part of 15 years. If anyone has any idea what i'm talking about I will love you long time and I guarantee I will give you +1 internets!*

*not a guarantee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
YourFatAuntSusan on

• Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was it an anime? Sounds like Nausicaa.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    PorkChopSandwichesPorkChopSandwiches Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    After doing some research I found that Nausicaa was originally released by Disney as "Warriors of the Wind". Sound familiar?

PorkChopSandwiches on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sounds exactly like the excruciatingly bad 'Warriors of the Wind.'

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    holy crap!! That was it! I honestly never thought I would ever figure out know what movie that was.

Looking at the clips on youtube makes it look like it would have been a really twisted movie for an 8 year old to watch.

Thanks guys, you really are H&A.

YourFatAuntSusan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hey, my aunt susan isn't fat

you're an imposter!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love this forum....

Member A: "I remember some obscure and vague thing from several years ago..."

Member B: "Oh yeah, you mean this thing" (Like it's pefectly normal)

Member A: "Wow, awesome!"

Honestly, it's amazing...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    MurphysParadoxMurphysParadox Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just watched that yesterday (received a collection of Hayao Miyazaki for Christmas) and rather enjoyed it... You just have to expect a certain level of "going with it" for his films (which include Spirited Away, which is really good, and My Neighbor Totoro which is fun and great for kids).

MurphysParadox on
    Murphy's Law: Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's Paradox: The more you plan, the more that can go wrong. The less you plan, the less likely your plan will succeed.
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just watched that yesterday (received a collection of Hayao Miyazaki for Christmas) and rather enjoyed it... You just have to expect a certain level of "going with it" for his films (which include Spirited Away, which is really good, and My Neighbor Totoro which is fun and great for kids).

Nausicaa is the original version, the one you just watched. "Warriors of the Wind" is the version that happened when it got exported to the states and Miyazaki tentatively gave an OK for them to makes some edits to make it more appropriate for the US audience. After which they cut it's face with a machete and soaked the remaining body in acid marinade for 12 weeks before serving it up with fries and a coke at the local Burger King.

Understandably, when Disney later came to him offering to distribute his films if he allowed "some cuts" for the western audience, he wasn't exactly agreeable.

subedii on
This discussion has been closed.