As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Connecting a Wiimote to a MacBook Pro running Windows XP

LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
Has anybody managed to get this to work? Using DarwiinRemote in OS X is no problem; it pretty much just works with only a few hitches. Unfortunately, the actual uses for such an input device in OS X are a bit limited. (I'm mainly wanting to be able to use the classic controller with certain games, but I'd also like to write Wiimote-enabled games.) But when I reboot in Windows it's a total no-go. I have the latest Boot Camp drivers installed, but the built-in bluetooth control panel completely fails to maintain a connection with the Wiimote, and blue-soleil... well it doesn't seem to work as well as people say it does, and I'm not even sure if I'm installing it right (do I uninstall the built-in drivers first?) not to mention paying for it isn't really worth it to me.

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

LoneIgadzra on