As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards: Game Over (Wraith Victory)

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Wow, I'm unfamiliar with pretty much every nomination :v.

Stop by more often.

We don't bite.

Though it can get a little fiery from time to time.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ardor wrote: »

We all owe you our thanks for bringing the games to PA in the first place though! I'd have to guess there's at least one award for you.

Lifetime achievement award?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    End of Day 0 (May 4, 2008)
    At this point, the crowd began voting for the nominated blunders. Many were disappointed at the lack of a narration but their disappointment was somewhat lessened when they realized that nobody had actually won anything yet, and that Obbi had already written over 1000 words for the following day.

List of the Dead
    1. doug_grammar - modkilled for inactivity

Voting for today

Today's nominations should be for: Most Veteran Play by a New Player
    Today you are voting for the winner of the following (in the category of Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game):
    1. PsychoLarry1: Leading his enemies to victory in Kingdoms of Phallacia
    2. VisibleHowl: For using his 2 vigilante kills to knock off 4 villagers to prove himself as a village-aligned role, only to be manipulated by Prescisionk, causing a landslide win for the mafia in Space Station 13.
    3. Rend: As a good guy, Rend allied himself closely with Hylianbunny, who was a Mafia thrall. Blunder includes Rend being the seer. Takes place in Monks on the Run
    4. Xevo: For having a brain meltdown in PhalLOST
    5. Lady Eri: For having a total meltdown in Soviet Phalla
    6. Gumpy: As a mafia, helped the village go from near-defeat to total victory by revealing the mechanics of his teams attacks. Takes place in Phallastar Phallatica
    7. James: For revealing the identities of everyone in his network to his enemies in the WWII Phalla.
    8. the Village of Newham: for voting for Richy after Shinto came out as a cultist.
    9. Kovak: for his reveal of every Company guy in the Heroes phalla, causing a forced reboot in the game.
    10. Cold Salmon and Hatred(Zot): for his participation in a secret phalla where he "practically handed the Archon team into Teserack hands" (didn't get invited to this so if this thing wins the award the narration is just going to be me bitching. Keep that in mind.)
    11. B:L: for his wonderful existence as the Goltana Knight in the Zodiac Phalla (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=1775252&postcount=1059)
    12. Munkus Beaver: For zapping himself in Phallanoia.

BONUS VOTE
    : Prettiest Princess, requires no nominations.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

We all owe you our thanks for bringing the games to PA in the first place though! I'd have to guess there's at least one award for you.

Lifetime achivement award?

Aren't those only awarded when someone is about to die?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I notice Zot is sporting the bizzaro Brainiac av. Dumbiac if you will. Fitting. :P

As far as blunders go I suppose there is me popping the hacker's raft in Royale 2. I had been considering backstabbing them. That would have been fun.

Man, we owed you big-time for protecting Dee Kae. I had to stop Anjin-San from killing you though, glad you decided not to betray us. :D

I suppose yeah. I pretty much only had a spork and fireworks. I really wanted to use that spork too. I was so pissed when someone killed Mr. Paku. But I figured I had already spent time defending DK so to back stab at that point would have been a poor choice. I wouldn't have lasted long.

I was going to kill Dee Kae too.

I remember Dee Kae giving me that sword for nothing and thinking "Man, the death narration for this is gonna be hilarious."

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh fucking hell, I totally forgot about Rygar in the Castle Phalla. Shit.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Bizzaro Togroht steps up to the mic

GOODBYE

ME AM VERY PLEASED TO BLIND YOU ALL

ME ANNOUNCE BIZZARO AWARD OF YESTERDAY

PLEASE NOMINATE WHAT YOU THINK IS THE LOSER

WHO IS THE PRETTIEST PRINCESS?

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn, Phallout didn't make it into the list.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    !Infidel is the prettiest princess, togroht.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ME AM THE PRETTIEST PRINCESS

• Options
    edited May 2008
    B:L's Goltana Reveal.

Now with broken image!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Stop by more often.

We don't bite.

Though it can get a little fiery from time to time.

I think I stopped around Kusugattai's McCarthy era phalla, although I hit up the tail end of Tux's excellent space one.

My stopping was prompted half the fact that the people I was familiar with played less and less, and half that I just couldn't invest the time I ordinarily put into the things.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I don't think Munkus Beaver is a good pick because he shot himself on purpose; his gun couldn't kill anyone and so that was actually a really slick move.

As entertaining and well known as Eri's breakdown was, I have to go with !Kovak for being so bad he ended the game on day 1.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I shall vote Gumpy for the award, mainly because it's one of the few phallas nominated in which I really had any part, and I also recall audibly slapping my forehead when he made that post.

Note to badguys trying to hide as the friendly villager: Don't give out actual mechanics when you're "speculating" for the "good" of the village.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arkas in Phallastar
    Lady Eri's magnificence
    Frosteey is the Prjttiest Prjncess

Burnage on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Smasher wrote: »
    Oh fucking hell, I totally forgot about Rygar in the Castle Phalla. Shit.

I think we should ignore first time idiocies. All because Vishnub happened to be the seer, and someone killed him at my urging, because I didn't understand Phalla, bah!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, a very tough choice to make. Hmm...

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Note to badguys trying to hide as the friendly villager: Don't give out actual mechanics when you're "speculating" for the "good" of the village.

This can actually work out if you do it right. The key is to hint at mechanics that don't provide an easy way to identify or kill you and your team.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    YOU AM CHOOSING BETWEEN LIVING A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

OR VOTING ME FOR PRETTIEST PRINCESS

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lots of tough choices.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Lady Eri in the 300 Phalla

Lady Eri in the Soviet Phalla

That was easy. Didn't she peg 5 bad guys without being a special in her first Phalla?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I agree with Arkas being a veteran-like newbie, but not for her play in Phallastar, but for her performance in her previous Phalla, Xenophalla. (sorry, I can't find an exact post to link to that demonstrates this, so I just linked the entire thread. If anyone else can find a more direct link, please do).

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Goltana Knight!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    NO ME AM THE PRETTIEST

ME

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I agree with Arkas being a veteran-like newbie, but not for her play in Phallastar, but for her performance in her previous Phalla, Xenophalla. (sorry, I can't find an exact post to link to that demonstrates this, so I just linked the entire thread. If anyone else can find a more direct link, please do).

She was pretty impressive throughout both of them, to be honest.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Zot for Western Phalla

ME TOTALLY DIDN'T PEG 2 BAD GUYS AFTER LEAVING OFF THE 4TH DAY

• Options
    edited May 2008
    !Kovak. The game went on without Eri. Kovak made history.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't know that it was 5, but I think it was at least 2 or three.

I'm going to second the nomination for Lady Eri in the Phalliad.

I'm also going to make a token vote for PsychoLarry1 in the Councillors Phalla, if only because it holds a special place in my heart. I'll probably change it later once the leaders emerge.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ME WILL WIN EVERY AWARD

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Options
    giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What was everyones first Phalla? Mine was the one I think run by Thorgot where we were all space ships in a convoy and Ardor helped with the narrations/was a character in them...I forget the name.

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    As far as veteran plays go, I'll have to think about past instances.

Lady Eri tagged ~ 3 bad guys without much help as a normal villager, if that counts as a veteran play.

Arkas has had some good successes with plans and strategies that might be considered more of a 'veteran play' in her early game.

Did the newbie phalla have any success?

Also, How about Aroduc in Rishiri? I thought that was one of his first games and he took gold as a bad guy.

EDIT: Giltanis, my first game was the Red Scare phalla run by RBB and Kusu I think.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My first was Romance of the Two Kingdoms, and I realized that thorgot and pk were playing the village for saps, and it didn't matter since they were both on my team.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    giltanis wrote: »
    What was everyones first Phalla? Mine was the one I think run by Thorgot where we were all space ships in a convoy and Ardor helped with the narrations/was a character in them...I forget the name.

Ad Astra per Phalla, though Tuxkamen was the GM not Thorgot.

My first phalla was the Phalliad.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    giltanis wrote: »

Mine was the Newham Phalla in D&D. I ended up getting drafted into the Seer role midway through. And then we ended up losing? I dunno, something like that, it was a long time ago.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I'll nominate Toxic Toys for his play as the reincarnation of Athan, the evil bastard in Newbie Phalla 1 :)

Egos on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My first was VtM phalla. I don't think I really made any veteran moves. But I did make it to the 2nd to last day.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Egos wrote: »

I'll nominate Toxic Toys for his play as the reincarnation of Athan, the evil bastard in Newbie Phalla 1 :)

!Seconded, he truly shined over all those other really terrible newbies.

Obbi on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Not that anyone really cares, but my first phalla was the Phalliad. I was one of the random Athan kills when the shit hit the fan on Day 3.

I'll have to think about both votes tonight. Harder decision than I anticipated.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, How about Aroduc in Rishiri? I thought that was one of his first games and he took gold as a bad guy.

Aroduc was indeed a strong player. The only thing holding me back from seconding it is that it was only the third Phalla, so really nobody was a veteran. That doesn't take away from his play, but the village was weak due to its inexperience so that probably amplified his success.

He eventually stopped playing because people kept killing him early on, but it's a shame he doesn't come back now. We have so many good players now that he'd be much less likely to die early and consistently.

My first Phalla was Newham, where I did nothing of note.

Smasher on