As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards: Game Over (Wraith Victory)

• Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Guys, I really think we need to take a look at the inactives.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    [ color=lime]!Robothero[/color] for getting killed as a Hellhound controller...by a Hellhound controller in Haunted House phalla. :lol:

You're... you're saying that he was the one who blundered there? O_o

cheez on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    No one volunteered. Now I'm going to have to pick someone at random. Or whomever has the most posts in the thread. One or the other.

Oh shi-
    I think I'll wait until Monday. Is Monday good for you?

Locus on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cheez wrote: »
    [ color=lime]!Robothero[/color] for getting killed as a Hellhound controller...by a Hellhound controller in Haunted House phalla. :lol:

You're... you're saying that he was the one who blundered there? O_o

No I said I wasn't voting for myself. :P

I called the shot on Robothero before the vote closed, so I could change it if he contacted me. He never replied. :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate Fencinsax for Les Mis Phalla.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »

Ooh that's a good one.

• Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ... I thought ongoing phallas weren't eligible?

durax on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    durax wrote: »

Zing!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Ahaha.

cheez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    !Retract Romantic Undead

Just realized this is a vote for something stupid, not something good.

Gonna vote !Hylianbunny For putting me on two evil teams simultaneously on the second attempt at the Heroes Phalla

I didn't catch this before, but these are nominations for a Player or Team. There will be an award which your nomination fits very well in.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate !The_Lightbringer for posting his role PM even though it was against the rules in the Transformers Phalla.

I would even go so far as to say that his actions caused a domino effect that ultimately doomed the Autobots.

Regardless, having all our roles revealed to the Decepticons didn't help us none.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Well played.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »

You can probably nominate him for his current phalla as well. Make it a 2 for 1 blue light special.

EDIT: Durax won with his post as well.

Ardor on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    what about in Venture's phalla when DA killed himself because of the bus driver

not exactly award-winning, but a great moment nonetheless.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I nominate !The_Lightbringer for posting his role PM even though it was against the rules in the Transformers Phalla.

I would even go so far as to say that his actions caused a domino effect that ultimately doomed the Autobots.

Regardless, having all our roles revealed to the Decepticons didn't help us none.

This one also occurred to me.

cheez on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »

Funny, but not much of a blunder though?

He didn't mean to do it.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »

Funny, but not much of a blunder though?

He didn't mean to do it.

I'm sure that will definitely be a contender for another award though.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Current Nominations

2 or more (Will be voted upon tomorrow)
    !nominate Psycholarry for leading his enemies to victory in Kingdoms of Phallacia. (This post is his explanation after the game ended.)

!nominate Rend from the Monks on the Run mini. Rend decided to trust Hylianbunny blindly. Not only was Hylianbunny a Cultist, but he was a thrall as well. The kicker? Rend was the seer.

Xevo for acting like a moron in PhalLOST.

!Gumpy from the fresh-in-our-minds Phallastar Phallactica for helping the village turn crushing defeat into epic comeback victory. Supplemental links: Remember that Gumpy is a Cylon (baddie) and thus robotic construct and that two of his allies were on that ship that was gassed. Unrecorded are personal communications between Gumpy and myself and iamtheaznman cluing us in to the nature of the majority of Cylon attack mechanics.

1 Nomination
    the village of Newham for voting for Richy after Shinto came out as a cultist.

Also !nomination for the village in Monks on the Run, for bandwagoning the Jester role even after thorgot (who was co-hosting) came as close as possible to telling them that they were making a huge mistake

Zot for his day 1 seer antics in Eternal Darkness.

!Squashua for revealing himself as Dr. Venture even though all the baddies were networked.

Visiblehowl for using his 2 vig kills to knock off 4 innocents to prove himself as a village aligned role, only to be used and abused by Precisionk which resulted in a huge, lopsided win for the bad guy team in Space Station 13.

Kovak's reveal of every Company guy in the first Heroes phalla was pretty hilarious too, although the forced reboot was interesting to say the least.

!The_Lightbringer for posting his role PM even though it was against the rules in the Transformers Phalla. I would even go so far as to say that his actions caused a domino effect that ultimately doomed the Autobots. Regardless, having all our roles revealed to the Decepticons didn't help us none.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure something must have happened at some point in Gods of Phalla that was hilariously self-destructive. I think someone may have killed themselves at one point? I'm too lazy to go and look through all the actions for each day, though.

Locus on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Not going to self nominate, but..

Attempting to hand my evil tengu artifact over to Nerissa, the head of the good guy network, in Indiphalla Jones, then believing her when she said she was interested, holding on to the artifact, and getting killed that night.

Yeah, it was my first phalla.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Not going to self nominate, but..

Attempting to hand my evil tengu artifact over to Nerissa, the head of the good guy network, in Indiphalla Jones, then believing her when she said she was interested, holding on to the artifact, and getting killed that night.

Yeah, it was my first phalla.

Oh man, Nerissa was on a warpath in that phalla, plowing through two innocents, thorgot and I, just to take our artefacts. o_O

She did carry the village to victory, though. ;-)

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate CoreGoon for essentially leaking the identities of a number of good specials to the Cylons in the recently finished Phallastar Phallactica...and in one of the first days, too.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can't remember if I told Thorgot I was a special or not.

Thorgot, did I tell you I was a special, or was I smart enough to keep quiet?

What I want to know is if I should grudge Coregoon.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I !Nominate Visiblehowl for using his 2 vig kills to knock off 4 innocents to prove himself as a village aligned role, only to be used and abused by Precisionk which resulted in a huge, lopsided win for the bad guy team in [URL="
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2266288&postcount=1154"]Space Station 13[/URL].

I hear enough about this in other games (as recently as Ahava's mini) to know this should be !Seconded

durax on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate CoreGoon for essentially leaking the identities of a number of good specials to the Cylons in the recently finished Phallastar Phallactica...and in one of the first days, too.

I put that up there with Xevo as far as not so much of a blunder, but a rage intensifier.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Didn't Xevo end up being a deadbeat santa?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He did indeed.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I was positive you were a special by the way you disappeared from that proboard. You didn't actually tell me, though.

Oh, and MrBlarney told me right before I died: (05:13:41 PM) MrBlarney: TehSpectre made no mention of you

Sort of a giveaway that you were in the network.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I !Nominate Visiblehowl for using his 2 vig kills to knock off 4 innocents to prove himself as a village aligned role, only to be used and abused by Precisionk which resulted in a huge, lopsided win for the bad guy team in [URL="
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2266288&postcount=1154"]Space Station 13[/URL].

I hear enough about this in other games (as recently as Ahava's mini) to know this should be !Seconded

Wait, really?

*wanders off to ego-search*

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    (Papillion didn't mention your name, just the situation.)

durax on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

I was positive you were a special by the way you disappeared from that proboard.

I was just busy, actually. I talked to you just as much as I talked to Blarney. Very little.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really want to nominate Qorzm for the Transformers, but it was a smart move at the time that ended very badly for the Autobots.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You know I was going to officially nominate the Central Committee of Soviet Phalla for electing ElJeffe twice, but looking back it wasn't that big of a blunder. ElJeffe won with only 3 votes because the revolutionaries killed the two people who were ahead of him.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit guys what are we doing?

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

• Options
    edited May 2008
    I !nominate Prince Rhaegar's hilarious MetsitluC river claim.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

<sneaks away from the sleeping baby>

Seriously, !seconded.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

Seriously, !seconded.

I think she was before my time. She went crazy, right?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

Seriously, !seconded.

I think she was before my time. She went crazy, right?
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I am comitting Phalla-suicide now and retiring from Penny-Arcade. My heir can have my power since he is the only person of the network still alive besides.

Lady Eri died and withdrew from the game.

ooooOOOOoooo

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate James for giving up the identity of half of his evil team in PsychoLarry's WWI Phalla in an attempt to meet a secondary win condition.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Not arguing that she wasn't batshit crazy, but does that really count as a blunder? I mean other than trusting DA she didn't really screw up.

Last Son on