Options

[CoH/CoV] Arg, these tights are [chat]ing me.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nice, I can finally colour the Vanguard rifle how I want it.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I tried to level up a VEAT on test. It is impossible. So many soldiers running around D: I think I'll make my archer/psi blaster first when this goes live.

Arcas on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Still reading through the notes, this stuff is great. Here's one that caught my eye:

• Defenders level 2 to 49 were using an incorrect multiplier for Damage and Defense Debuff powers. The base value for these effects should now be 25% greater than previously experienced.

Nice, and I will somewhat ashamedly admit I never noticed these debuffs weren't as strong as intended.

Mako AV's Elude got a nerf, take that sharkface!

The expected Poison Trap nerf sounds quite reasonable, really.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    Most user options can now be saved to file and loaded from file. If a default setting file is saved, all newly created characters will use the default file to set initial options. The options window has buttons added to save and load default files. Non-default files can be saved and loaded via slash commands.

If this means i no longer have to spend 20 minutes redoing chattabs everytime I make a new character I will be very, very happy indeed.

Also, what's OSA?

Oil Slick Arrow. It's a good power, but had a longstanding bug where when you blew it up, it would make your pets run away from the AoE as if they were being damaged by it.

Considering it was a power that some Masterminds wanted, this is a pretty big issue.

I'd kinda gotten used to working around it. When I wanted to put some space between my pets and something, like, say, a bomb or badass melee boss, good spot to set on fire. Felt more realistic too.

Still a good change I suppose though.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BaB has said that Auto Turret may be getting a change soon. Supposedly it will hover around and follow you. I am pleased.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So many awesome QoL changes. Inspiration converting, colour settings for chat channels, individual colour names in chat, zone event alert channel, etc.

Corvus on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cov_iwin_screenshot_2008-05-07-00-0.jpg

cov_iwin2_screenshot_2008-05-07-00-.jpg

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    oh jesus

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    Nice, I can finally colour the Vanguard rifle how I want it.

elitevanguardreddingrifye0.jpg

Because this is so much better than purple.

Corvus on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Now THAT'S a rifle.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Great. Now what am I going to do with the 40-something free costume changes on Lady Rigor?

hippofant on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I need another 50 to open VEATs, level me up dys!

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Roman armor get!

Lep on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Question: If I was sent a trial account key by a friend, and then played it for the entire period, what is the best way to go and start paying for the game?

The reason I ask is because there's no "Click Here To Pay For This Shit" button in account management and I don't want to spend twenty bucks on their website when I'm not even sure that doing so would allow me to continue using my characters.

Shorty on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am not pleased that the Destroyer of Strength badge does not unlock Rularuu weapons on Sieve.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Shorty wrote: »
    Question: If I was sent a trial account key by a friend, and then played it for the entire period, what is the best way to go and start paying for the game?

The reason I ask is because there's no "Click Here To Pay For This Shit" button in account management and I don't want to spend twenty bucks on their website when I'm not even sure that doing so would allow me to continue using my characters.

You have to buy a retail code for CoH, CoV or both. Just pick up the Good vs Evil edition off the website or in a store and add that code to your trial account with the "upgrade" button.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

You have to buy a retail code for CoH, CoV or both. Just pick up the Good vs Evil edition off the website or in a store and add that code to your trial account with the "upgrade" button.

Great, thanks.

Shorty on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    how do I skip the updater

I fucking forgot how much of a pain new issue days are

and now it's, I dunno, making me repatch everything or ''fix files'' or whatever the fucking balls

so okay whoopsiedaisy now I can't play for the next eight hours

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Make a shortcut targeted to "C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\CityOfHeroes.exe" -project coh

Scooter on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    holy christ that worked like a charm

you saved my moderately inconvenienced night

Whippy on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Macro9 wrote: »
    BaB has said that Auto Turret may be getting a change soon. Supposedly it will hover around and follow you. I am pleased.

Yes, Auto Turret does indeed hover around and follow you.

That is, MALTA Auto Turrets hover around and follow you.

I don't see anything by BaB saying player Auto Turret is getting changed.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn I am so hot for a fire/MM blaster. I'm not going to like this wait, and I can't bring myself to invest time in a test character. :(

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fire Master Mind Blaster. o_O

Glal on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    These QoL improvements are glorious. I was so excited to see an announcement on test that the Miners in Sharkhead were striking while I was running around Mercy. About time.

I mostly toyed around with VEAT costumes, just to see. But I also made a Huge Widow and found it very amusing to me for some reason. What I really don't understand is why I enjoy shooting tiny little poison darts at people. The sound effect is perfect and the animation is so...deliciously uninterested in their opponent's lives.

I might actually make a Widow at launch. This confuses me, for I was only interested in Bane and Crab before now.

As for the coop discussion I had a thing typed out at home last night but never submitted it because i had to leave for soccer and now I don't care. Whatever, we disagree, big surprise. I'm in CoX because I love comic books and comic book settings and storylines and all of that. If I played the game solely for the gameplay mechanics I'd want everything to be coop but I don't, I play it like an RPG based in a comic book universe. This is the same reason I have so many "gimped" characters, because I take concept over effectiveness...which isn't saying I don't TRY and make my characters as effective as I can. And now I'm rambling.

Accualt on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Fire Master Mind Blaster. o_O

Mental Manipulation :\

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Coop is good in that it lets them get content out for both sides each issue, but it's bad in that it makes every issue about some "greater evil" that they have to unite to fight. Rikti, then the Coming Storm, then whatever it is that people are going to Rome for. It kinda turns villains into heroes who kick puppies on their days off.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Coop is good in that it lets them get content out for both sides each issue, but it's bad in that it makes every issue about some "greater evil" that they have to unite to fight. Rikti, then the Coming Storm, then whatever it is that people are going to Rome for. It kinda turns villains into heroes who kick puppies on their days off.

And there is the inspiration for my next Brute. Puppy Kicker. Now what powersets....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Save the name until brutes get MA.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Scooter wrote: »

Right, which is stupid. I mean the first time is awesome, a second time would be cool if they'd have waited awhile and chosen a level range that it hasn't all ready be done in. If this was to become common place then there really isn't a reason to even have Villains. The biggest complaint about CoV was how un-villainous it felt and all these coop things do is reinforce that feeling.

I thought the Ouroboros issue was an awesome solution because the devs rewrote missions for the two sides but used the same art & mission assets (the stuff that takes the most resources to make). They did something similar with this Midnight Squad thing in i12, basically the same content but seen from two different perspectives. I really look forward to doing those story arches on both heroes and villains.

Accualt on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Now that I've had a chance to read the full patch notes... wow. Hats off to the devs on this one. A great many QoL issues have been cleaned up, looks like some great new content, and VEATS. Sure looks like this is going to be one of the better issues.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think one of the dev interviews or posts said they had the new hires working on old QoL issues that had been on the backburner due to there just not being enough time to address them while also developing new content. They decided to put the new hires on QoL so they can get use to working on the game without having to do anything too pressing. Win win situation right there.
    • Warnings will appear in the appropriate event channels for the Clockwork Paladin, Giant Octopus, Ghost Ship, Croatoa Battle, Troll Rave, Hellion Fire, Miner’s Strike, Arachnos Flier, Caleb and Deathsurge zone events.

Hmmm, I wonder why nothing for Kraken in PP or Jurassic in Cry's, or Adamaster in Dark Astoria, etc. Their spawning isn't exactly a zone event but neither are some of the others on the list.

EDIT: New Aura...flies.

Accualt on
  • Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I saw a warning for Jurrasik yesterday while playing a blaster. Maybe they just forgot to add it to the list.

Arcas on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    korodullin wrote: »

Yes, Auto Turret does indeed hover around and follow you.

That is, MALTA Auto Turrets hover around and follow you.

I don't see anything by BaB saying player Auto Turret is getting changed.

According to this thread it's hovering on test. I've yet to check on my Fire/Dev.

EDIT:

Yeah bitches!
    BaB wrote:
    Nope. The auto-turrets will be fully mobile (and hopefull intelligently functional) in the next build. That's something Castle's wanted to do ever since making them immune to teleport and we've only just now had the time to do.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The QoL stuff is amazing. I can't believe how different this game is to the other MMOs I've played - because I'm so slow, it's getting better faster than I can play it!

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The new power tray stuff is quite nice. I just noticed that.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    BaB wrote:
    Nope. The auto-turrets will be fully mobile (and hopefull intelligently functional) in the next build. That's something Castle's wanted to do ever since making them immune to teleport and we've only just now had the time to do.

Is it sad that this alone makes me want to roll a /dev Blaster?
    The no build up hurts but who cares, floating turret pet!

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Auto Turret gives a hefty Defiance bonus. It's still not enough to overcome not having Build Up.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If there's enough interest, I wouldn't be opposed to getting on my brute and farming the hell out of the TV this weekend to help people get to 50 red side. I know we've got a few people who want to hit 50 for VEATs.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would like to be a part of that s3rial

that is if you don't hate me

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.