Options

[CoH/CoV] Arg, these tights are [chat]ing me.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    I'd buy the crafting table as an account unlock for $10. Getting that badge is stupid, there isn't even really a point to being a crafter in the game since everyone can make anything if they have the ingredients (not that I'm complaining).
    The requirements to get the table are just idiotic. Who wants to spend that much time bouncing between the auction house and the university just crafting tons of shit enhancements? I think it's a hilarious reward though, once you spend hours of your time running between the two points, here's your reward:
    For 5 minutes every hour, you don't have to run to the university to craft.

List of required badges, if you're interested:
    http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Field_Crafter_Badge

Wow... uh, that is pretty shitty. And Ricockulious.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to get back into playing this again regularly!

*stares at Glal for a good few minutes*

I should make use of some of the rename tokens, maybe. And transfer the Heroes I enjoy playing to Virtue. Thinking of transferring my 49 Claws/SR too, but... no. If it was a Spines/Dark Farming build, I probably would.

I don't think I have any characters that are even remotely geared to farm. My Claws/SR -might- be able to if I respecced her heavily, lost some of the cool flavor, and went for a 45%+ def at all times build. Lots of AoE in there.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I need help, I'm usually not retarded when it comes to stuff like this, so I think something is actually wrong and I'm not just an idiot. Prove me wrong.

Bout 5 months ago I brought City of Heroes standalone box - installed it then never patched it up to play. Couple of days ago I reinstalled, activated my Ncsoft account without a hitch, patched, made my first character and looked to be on my way. Next time I logged in, though, I found myself unable to play my duder - the "Enter Paragon city" button is grey'd out whenever I select any of my pre-existing duders, yet I can still make new characters and play them... just never log into them ever again. Happens on ever server I try.

I've reinstalled and repatched fully, and exact same problem.

From what I understand, I'm supposed to have both city of heroes and city of villains installed yes? The CoH patcher installs villains for me? For the life of me I cannot work out how to make a villain, either, I see no "switch to villain mode" button anywhere, and I don't have a CoV executable anywhere I can find. I have a feeling the two issues may be related, but I'm not sure how.

Hopefully I'm being a moron and it;s something simple... otherwise, can anybody gimme a hand?

EDIT : I'm on vista, though I highly doubt it matters.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Uh, all I can say, is that if you click on a 'create new character', you should then be asked if you want to create a hero or a villain.

I -think- you might need to have bought both CoH and CoV to play villainside stuff, though I heard somewhere that they'd opened both sides up without needed to pay for the other side's content. Not sure about that, though. As for the whole 'make a new guy, play him, then never log into him again', I really don't know. Is there anything on the official forums about it? The stickies there are usually pretty good if it's a fairly common problem.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kay wrote: »
    Uh, all I can say, is that if you click on a 'create new character', you should then be asked if you want to create a hero or a villain.

I -think- you might need to have bought both CoH and CoV to play villainside stuff, though I heard somewhere that they'd opened both sides up without needed to pay for the other side's content. Not sure about that, though. As for the whole 'make a new guy, play him, then never log into him again', I really don't know. Is there anything on the official forums about it? The stickies there are usually pretty good if it's a fairly common problem.

I scoured the technical support forums a bit this morning and found nothing - and I defintly don't get asked if I want to make a hero or a villain when I select new character - get defaulted straight to hero.

I'll reinstall and repatch a 3rd time if someone thinks it's a good idea, but I really don't want to :P

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    On the one hand, third time's the charm. On the other, if you've done it twice already, a third time won't make any difference.

Is there anything on the news pages about having access to CoV now, even if you only bought CoH? I remember hearing something about that, but I might have been dreaming.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Digito wrote: »
    Aww damnit, building a new computer and it looks like I could get an ATI Radeon HD 4850 for a reasonable price,the NVidia card I had been looking at was both significantly weaker as well as somewhat pricier... anybody know if this paticular ATI card has any significant issues with CoX?

ATI sucks with CoX and this generation of ATI cards are inferior to the equivalent NVidia. I have always bought ATI cards until this generation of hardware because it just isn't worth it next to NVidia.

Accualt on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Think you might need to ask support about that.

Scooter on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Should... should this make sense to me?

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    hippofant wrote: »

Probably not.

Glal and I tend to be available to play at the same time, but he's given up on CoX for a while. AND YET HE STILL POSTS IN THE THREAD.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That is because this thread is lovely.

Much like the underwear I have on today.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wearing Sonna's again?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Don't judge me!

Accualt on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hippofant wrote: »
    Probably not.

Glal and I tend to be available to play at the same time, but he's given up on CoX for a while. AND YET HE STILL POSTS IN THE THREAD.
    I'm also still subscribed to the game. I like having my screen explode into a veteran reward parade every time I make a new character.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Photos or you're lying. >:|

About the underwear. Not the vet-reward parade.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so uh yea this thread hath made me decide to give this game a whirl......and hopefully you all will see me in like an hour or two.....
    God i hope i know what im getting into....
    I really freaking dont /sigh

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    so uh yea this thread hath made me decide to give this game a whirl......and hopefully you all will see me in like an hour or two.....
    God i hope i know what im getting into....
    I really freaking dont /sigh

Remember, Virtue is the server. Also remember to join the Penny Arcade global channel.

/chanjoin "Penny Arcade"

Then add it to your chat tab by right clicking on the chat tab and hitting edit(the little actual tab thing not the window). To talk in it there are several methods available in the op under the SG faq that you may choose from.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    To talk in it there are several methods available in the op under the SG faq that you may choose from.

Half of them involve getting yelled at by Pb for being a moron.

hippofant on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Look, if you play Energy Blast everyone gets hurt. Except the enemies.

Pb on
  • Options
    Capncrunch7Capncrunch7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We're doing at least one villain respec trial this very moment. Hop and and earn some respec.

Capncrunch7 on
    XBLA: gogogadgetchris
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Stupid beginning of the month. I won't be home to do the respec for another 45 mins.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No one in my SG is ever on. You should all come over to Champion. <3

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Or maybe you should come to Virtue?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trus wrote: »

VIRTUE.

We just ran the villain respec twice in under 2 hours.

Because we're that active.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ghostalker wrote: »

VIRTUE.

Because we're that awesome.
    Fixed that for you.
    I'm not that awesome. I wasn't there.

see317 on
  • Options
    MatsuhitoMatsuhito Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got scolded for not talking. So here I am.
    <<Magical Trev by the way.

Matsuhito on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ghostalker wrote: »

VIRTUE.

Because we're that active.
    ...and because Raggaholic was late. Thanks for the second run for me!

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I need to go through the RWZ arcs more often. I ran through the whole Renegade Sword arc in one sitting with my brother, between the multiple EBs, the Hero and the mission with the wave of bosses it was a merry time.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Matsuhito wrote: »
    I got scolded for not talking. So here I am.
    <<Magical Trev by the way.

Not just scolded but shamed and verbally molested too.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    A typical Friday night with Ghostalker then, eh?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, the verbal is something new...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For experience per mission (not just completion experience, but for killing everything), is it better to go for difficulty 4 and the larger spawns, or difficulty 5 and the higher levels?

SS/WP brute talking here.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Depends on whether the additional bosses at the highest setting slow you down sufficiently to negate the extra XP. I know that as both an elec/elec blaster and a plant/psi dom I got better results from the fourth difficulty simply because neither character could drop the boss as quickly as a group of minions of nearly equivalent XP value. A SS/WP brute will probably just plow the the bosses as well, so I imagine you'd be better of at Relentless.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would go with the second highest setting. You have Foot Stomp and hopefully a PPP AoE. Which will make your enemies melt with rage and fury.

It's been so long since I played that I forgot the difficulty names.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I would go with the second highest setting. You have Foot Stomp and hopefully a PPP AoE. Which will make your enemies melt with rage and fury.

It's been so long since I played that I forgot the difficulty names.

No PPP AoE (I won't be taking any PPPs at all with my build), but I DO have Footstomp. And I can't decide empirically which way is going faster, either. :|

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    As long as you have a competent team you should be fine with the max amount of enemies you can aggro. Which is what I would go with.

Foot Stomp with a recharge reducer and Hasten will be all you need. All your other attacks aside from KoB are just filler.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have a 50 SS/Inv brute.

The only attacks I have are Punch, Haymaker, Air Superiority, Knockout Blow, and Foot Stomp.

I have Hasten.

I never find myself not attacking.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Pony wrote: »

The only attacks I have are Punch, Haymaker, Air Superiority, Knockout Blow, and Foot Stomp.

I have Hasten.

Actually that's my list too, with Boxing on auto as Fury filler and upcoming Tough/Weave prereqs.

hi5

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Pony wrote: »

I have Hasten.

Did I say to only use Foot Stomp?

If there is a misunderstanding then I will try to explain it better.

Foot Stomp is better than all of SS's other attacks. It's quite possibly the best attack in the game. All your other moves are just filler or Rage builders. KoB is good for spanking bosses and lieus though. So when you want to hurt a bunch of enemies (which is what that diff would let you do) concentrate on getting FS up as fast as you can. Bribe a Kin, suck some dick, do what ever it takes.

Hell SS wouldn't be very good without Foot Stomp IMO.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also someone needs to make a new thread. Just copy and paste the OP and second post if you don't want to be hassled with making a new one.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
This discussion has been closed.