As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RARGH FUCK THE POLICE ANGER AND OTHER SUCH EMOTIONS

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    I got pulled over for doing 67 in a 35.

Then again, almost exactly on year later, at the exact same spot, for doing 62 in a 35.

If this trend continues...aaaaaaayyyyee

you were going almost twice the speed limit

what the fuck

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    it cracks me up when people are all like

"i got a ticket for going 60 in a 55!!"

oh yeah? whats the speed limit?

"55"

and how fast were you going?

"60"

hmmm.... interesting

Come the fuck on.

pardon?

Despite the fact that people don't like to admit it, even if you're going 1 mile of the speed limit a cop can write you a ticket. Regardless of what the "flow of traffic" is.

nobody's arguing that. they're arguing the radically inconsistent way the law is applied in real life. who really gives out tickets for 5 over? really.

i've seen tickets that show on the back what speed ranges allot to what price ranges. 0-5 mph over isn't even on there. it's an arguable amount

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    So I just looked at my house phone CallerID to see who's calling at it's....

FREEDOM.

I'm serious here.
    that's silly eagles can't use phones

Faricazy on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Keith wrote: »

"55"

"60"

hmmm.... interesting

Come the fuck on.

pardon?

Despite the fact that people don't like to admit it, even if you're going 1 mile of the speed limit a cop can write you a ticket. Regardless of what the "flow of traffic" is.

nobody's arguing that. they're arguing the radically inconsistent way the law is applied in real life. who really gives out tickets for 5 over? really.

a good cop

no, a good cop gives out tickets for going 55 on the freeway. that shit is dangerous

the wook on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It was on I-40 between Flagstaff and Albuquerque... right at the NM border... so I dunno, whatever reservation that is there.

I think in CA the max speed is 65 in most places, though in some remote areas (like I-40 near Mojave) it's at least 70. As soon as you cross into Arizona there it's 75.

Maybe I-5 too. I've driven that many times, it's not uncommon to see people doing 85-90, and faster early in the morning or late at night...

Technically if the speed limit was a "Maximum Speed" then anything over... 1mph even... is technically speeding. I think everything over 55 is "Max speed". Under 55 CA has a "posted speed" law where you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as it's safe. Basically the cop has to make a case that your speed was unsafe. But I mean, getting off is a crapshoot.. depends on if the judge is getting any that day... I've gotten off on a 60 in a 35, but had to do traffic school for a 39 in a 30...

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Then again, almost exactly on year later, at the exact same spot, for doing 62 in a 35.

what the fuck

i know a kid who got pulled over doing 80 in a 25 and got off with a warning.

it was on Palm Beach, FL. cops don't do shit to the people who live there

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    So I just looked at my house phone CallerID to see who's calling at it's....

FREEDOM.

I'm serious here.
    that's silly eagles can't use phones

Sounds like that's something you should answer, Veretas. Break out of your bonds!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    It was on I-40 between Flagstaff and Albuquerque... right at the NM border... so I dunno, whatever reservation that is there.

I think in CA the max speed is 65 in most places, though in some remote areas (like I-40 near Mojave) it's at least 70. As soon as you cross into Arizona there it's 75.

Maybe I-5 too. I've driven that many times, it's not uncommon to see people doing 85-90, and faster early in the morning or late at night...

Technically if the speed limit was a "Maximum Speed" then anything over... 1mph even... is technically speeding. I think everything over 55 is "Max speed". Under that CA has a "posted speed" where you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as it's safe. Basically the cop has to make a case that your speed was unsafe. But I mean, getting off is a crapshoot.. depends on if the judge is getting any that day... I've gotten off on a 60 in a 35, but had to do traffic school for a 39 in a 30...

see the shitty part is that i can't argue the ticket safely. by appearing in front of a judge, i waive my right to traffic school. so while i think i can make my case that i was going with traffic, i can't afford to risk losing.

the wook on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

My life has featured several thrilling escape scenes which involved panicking teenagers and fat police officers

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008

"55"

"60"

hmmm.... interesting

Come the fuck on.

pardon?

a good cop

no, a good cop gives out tickets for going 55 on the freeway. that shit is dangerous

14.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

what the fuck

Luckily, there was a year between the tickets, because I lost 6 points each time, and in Wisconsin you only have 12 points. But, yeah, the street in question is actually 3 lanes each way, with a grass median between them. It's very easy to speed on them, I don't anymore, I'd rather spend 600 dollars on other more wasteful things.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    my dad is a cop

I've still got three speeding tickets

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got two tickets driving through some shit speed trap town in Oklahoma a little while back, but I didn't pay them.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Technically if the speed limit was a "Maximum Speed" then anything over... 1mph even... is technically speeding. I think everything over 55 is "Max speed". Under that CA has a "posted speed" where you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as it's safe. Basically the cop has to make a case that your speed was unsafe. But I mean, getting off is a crapshoot.. depends on if the judge is getting any that day... I've gotten off on a 60 in a 35, but had to do traffic school for a 39 in a 30...

see the shitty part is that i can't argue the ticket safely. by appearing in front of a judge, i waive my right to traffic school. so while i think i can make my case that i was going with traffic, i can't afford to risk losing.
    There are actually two different speed laws in Cali. There's a maximum speed violation (you're not ever allowed to go over the posted speed limit) and then there's a basic speed law violation (you're not allowed to go faster than is safe for conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit). You almost certainly got written up for violating the posted limit, Wook, for which "going with the flow of traffic" isn't a defense.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SkyHawk EcksSkyHawk Ecks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Speeding is such a minuscule factor when it comes to accidents.

It's the assholes who merge onto the freeway at 35 miles per hour.

SkyHawk Ecks on
    extendedbanner1.jpg
    4639-8653-8054
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I do not like police

My life has featured several thrilling escape scenes which involved panicking teenagers and fat police officers

maybe you should quit being a dick

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    my dad is a cop

you should tell your dad he's not pulling his weight

the wook on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    my dad is a cop

Get one of his business cards and one of those carriers for your registration/proof of insurance. Stick his business card into the carrier.

You'll never get a ticket again.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

"55"

"60"

hmmm.... interesting

Come the fuck on.

pardon?

a good cop

bb_102GaryOldman.jpg

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Everyone in my family always gives me a hard time because I drive fast, and they hate being in the car with me and my dad is always giving me pointers.

I love pointing out that I have only one accident that was not my fault, and have zero moving violations.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

Maybe those pigs should quit harshin' my mellow

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seriously you stupid motherfuckers

66 in a 65 is speeding

how is it so hard to grasp that going 5-15 mph over a posted limit is against the law

SERIOUSLY are you some kind of retards?

HOW ABOUT DON'T GODDAMN SPEED

your engines are fickle monsters and FOR SOME REASON fluctuate up and down 15 mph because of some goddamn reason? I mean come the fuck on.

Don't be idiots, come on now

this is how people get to

"come on man I wasn't even going double the limit how was I even speeding you gotta let it slide

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    my dad got pulled over for running a red light

the cop who pulled him over started laughing his ass off when he saw who it was

(also my dad will not help me out of speeding tickets since none of them were even in the city he works in and also if they were he would get in a lot of trouble)

((my neighbors constantly are like HEY MY DAUGHTER GOT A TICKET WHAT DO WE DO and he's all PAY IT SHE DESERVED IT YOU RETARD))

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

(also my dad will not help me out of speeding tickets since none of them were even in the city he works in and also if they were he would get in a lot of trouble)

((my neighbors constantly are like HEY MY DAUGHTER GOT A TICKET WHAT DO WE DO and he's all PAY IT SHE DESERVED IT YOU RETARD))
    Oh, city cop, nevermind, then.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    your dad is awesome

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

I concure

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

you don't have an FOP sticker on your car?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Raneados wrote: »

66 in a 65 is speeding

how is it so hard to grasp that going 5-15 mph over a posted limit is against the law

your engines are fickle monsters and FOR SOME REASON fluctuate up and down 15 mph because of some goddamn reason? I mean come the fuck on.

"come on man I wasn't even going double the limit how was I even speeding you gotta let it slide

It much, much easier to just do it and never get caught.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    I do not like police

I concure

concur

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sarukun wrote: »

66 in a 65 is speeding

It much, much easier to just do it and never get caught.

except for that one time where you get caught and start a thread because cops are out to get you

Raneados on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

I concure

concur

conquer

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

defending his chosen profession and set of values

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

I concure

concur

maaaan E is a free being man let it go where it pleases man

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

I concure

concur

conquer

conker

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I do not like police

I concure

concur

conquer

He is simply so agitated over the harshing of his mellow that his spelling skills have deserted him

we all know the feeling

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Once my dad took my grandpa on a ride-along when he was on patrol one night, and my dad had to chase down some idiot who did something illegal (this is not an important aspect to the story). Apparently while he and a couple other cops were restraining the guy, he was cursing and being an ass, and finally he says, "FUCK YOU I WANNA TALK TO THE FBI"

So my dad goes back to his car, gets my grandpa and tells him that he's an honorary FBI agent for the night. My grandpa walks up to him and says, "Yeah, I'm with the FBI, what the fuck do you want?"

The guy looks at him. "FUCK YOU"

"I WANNA TALK TO THE PRESIDENT"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

if it was in CA do a Trial by Written Declaration (by mail). Might not work but there's no harm in trying, only costs you the price of a stamp.

see www.ticketassassin.com

if it was Max Speed your options are limited, basically you'll have to use the "radar spread" defense, and of course request a copy of the radar certificate.

though technically you can write "I'M NOT GUILTY" in crayon and you might get off. If the cop doesn't fill out his paperwork, most judges will throw it out. Same idea as "cop doesn't show up to court" but the difference is cops get paid OVERTIME to show up to court and are encouraged to do so by their supervisors, but they do NOT get paid to fill out the extra paperwork for a TWD and their boss will never know about if if they just throw it away....

even if you are found guilty in TWD you can request a trial de novo (new trial, in person this time). and either way there's no reason they will automatically disqualify you for traffic school - that's a decision made by the judge based on his.. uh judgement.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i want to be a cop but i'm not in shape, i'd look ridiculous, and i don't have a driver's license

i can do something about two of the three!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

defending his chosen profession and set of values

Rane if you are the scarecrow can I be the little kid?

I'm not sexy enough to be Howl.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got two tickets driving through some shit speed trap town in Oklahoma a little while back, but I didn't pay them.

Fuck Oklahoma. I don't pay their tolls when I go through there, I pay taxes in my own goddamn state.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg