As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

• Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd totally be on IRC right now to discuss this moe but it seems mibbit is being block by slashnet.org

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Button design complete
    apotheos.png

edit: apo, then pm here on the forums.
    edit again: really what? I thought a few people in irc have been using mibbit.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ahh, very nice indeed. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    I also will be bringing my man purse for button purposes. I'm keeping mine in a bag, maybe buttoning one on the man purse, and then buttoning all the ones i get in trade on it, so it will become more crowded as the weekend goes on.

This what I'll be doing as well.

Also, ^5 apotheos, I'm glad I'm seeing more and more (forum) names I recognize will be there.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been having such a pain in the ass dealing with them. I had to do everything manually/over the phone. Therefore I have no order history. The invoice has not been paid (even tho billing was supposed to take care of it like 2 weeks ago) and I have yet to get a reply as to if they actually completed and shipped my order like they said (this was supposed to happen monday july 28th) It's getting close to the cuttoff period and I'm worried. Honestly, I'm sure if you have it shipped to the states it would be much easier.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Button design complete
    apotheos.png

edit: apo, then pm here on the forums.
    edit again: really what? I thought a few people in irc have been using mibbit.

And here's mine to help Moe's ego.
    apotheos.jpg

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What type of poop is that? Seriously, I think you should goto a doctor to get that shit checked out.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    What type of poop is that? Seriously, I think you should goto a doctor to get that shit checked out.

Quote for Literal Statement.

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Buttons ordered. Only 50, so get em while they are hot.
    apotheos-readytoprint.png

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hammy wrote: »
    I've got a hotel already. So I just call them up, ask if they'll receive and hold a package for me until I arrive? I'll look into it.

Ya, once they know to accept it they will.

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • Options
    ChiparooChiparoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yay!
    Alright. This is a cool thing and I will be participating in this cool thing.
    Just wanted to tune in a say that ^^

Chiparoo on
  • Options
    MojoDCMojoDC VIP Manager CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just ordered a set using the same picture as my avatar.

MojoDC on
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow, thank god we set a cutoff date. I've got over 80 people on the google doc list so far! (And if you're not on the list already, then go go go!) If we let this run all the way through next week, we'd prob have over 100 people and we'd all have to order ANOTHER set of buttons!

Also:
    It has come to my attention that some people are making/ordering buttons but are NOT posting here.

I'm not claiming to be in charge here, but I AM in charge of something that depends on the buttons. So, It is REALLY important that you let us know you're planning on participating. You're going to miss out on something incredibly cool and important if you don't.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    80? Holy Jesus! I'm going to be lucky if I have any left for the meetup sunday....

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yea i only got 50, and im sure a good chunk of them will be gone after the pre PAX dinner. I would order another batch but im trying to save as much money as i can lol

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bleaaaaah. I'm still waiting for my buttons. I only ordered two sets of 50, so I have a feeling that these buttons pictured below will probably run out loooooooong before my normal ones.... <_<
    ssrbcbuttonsmall.png

Theros on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    Wow, thank god we set a cutoff date. I've got over 80 people on the google doc list so far! (And if you're not on the list already, then go go go!) If we let this run all the way through next week, we'd prob have over 100 people and we'd all have to order ANOTHER set of buttons!

Also:
    It has come to my attention that some people are making/ordering buttons but are NOT posting here.

I'm not claiming to be in charge here, but I AM in charge of something that depends on the buttons. So, It is REALLY important that you let us know you're planning on participating. You're going to miss out on something incredibly cool and important if you don't.

What should I do about my 5 bonus button? I already filled out the form for my avi button, should I fill it out again with all my bonus buttons in one submission, or fill out separate submissions, or fill out a new submission with all my buttons including my avi one?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Those fuckers!

Don't go crying to anyone when you miss out because it will be all your fault and no one will feel sorry for you.

Infact, if I had the power, I would ban your ass if you posted about how angry or sad you are about missing out.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Those fuckers!

Don't go crying to anyone when you miss out because it will be all your fault and no one will feel sorry for you.

Infact, if I had the power, I would ban your ass if you posted about how angry or sad you are about missing out.

O.o
    I would too. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Also:

I don't understand why someone would want to do something as social as the button exchange and not post here. Oxymoron I tell ya.

redhalo on
  • Options
    RedPikachuRedPikachu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RedPikachu wrote: »
    After a few complications with my order, it finally went through!
    button.jpg

That is awesome, I love that the badge is wearing a crown. Did you make that design yourself or is it from something i'm unfamiliar with?

to the stars on the wings of a pig

Yeah that's a really cool design. I second the request to know the source.

Thanks! I designed it myself using Illustrator CS3. It's part of an image I'm using on an upcoming website of mine, and it was inspired by family crests.

RedPikachu on
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    button.jpg

That is awesome, I love that the badge is wearing a crown. Did you make that design yourself or is it from something i'm unfamiliar with?

Thanks! I designed it myself using Illustrator CS3. It's part of an image I'm using on an upcoming website of mine, and it was inspired by family crests.

it's equal parts adorable and classy, like a tiny dog dressed in a miniature tuxedo. excellent work.

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh for'f...if you're going to actually use my button pic for something, here's a better one:

2740052758_a445147c4b_o_d.jpg

edit: Also, I'm officially jumping on the Make Apotheos a Button bandwagon.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is there a way to check if the google.doc has us? I submitted and I don't remember if I submitted ze bonus button.

My memory is currently at its limit for Rock Band lyrics and riffs. It has no time for things like pin numbers and whether I posted buttons to documents!

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Chaosisorder: I only have one button on your submission on the list.

To all who are doing bonus buttons but whom have already added themselves to the list. Go ahead and add yourself a second time, just leave out any buttons you've already submitted. if you can't remember if you've submitted a button, just resubmit it. I'm going to be closing the google doc around the 18th so that [strikethrough]Glorious Leader[/strikethrough] Moe_Fwacky has a chance to work his magic with it before he leaves on his super-awesome CCST.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wait wait wait, I thought we were closing this on the 8th. The 18th leaves me very little time to put this together, especially with the CCST departure so close from that date.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I don't have my buttons yet, so I can take a direct pic of them, but here's what they'll look like.
    cavejamyuri.png

fairly plain, i know, but I like that. Also, filling out the google docs thinger now.

Yuritau on
  • Options
    RARGPHLAMRARGPHLAM Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So my buttons arrived, and I'm pretty pleased with them. Wish that the face was a little more centered, but oh well.
    0806081806gy4.jpg

RARGPHLAM on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RARGPHLAM wrote: »
    So my buttons arrived, and I'm pretty pleased with them. Wish that the face was a little more centered, but oh well.
    0806081806gy4.jpg

I like it.

edit: Moe, that button you made for apotheos has the template over the art. If he submits that, won't there be lines on his button? Anyway, I'm almost done with my version, so maybe he can use it instead.

edit 2: Here it is (*hint* You can email them with a change to the design if you want to use mine. I'll give you the .PSD file to send in :winky:):
    2740394966_02508c433a_o_d.gif

"apotheos" is actually in lowercase. All my interesting fonts seem to be caps only, unfortunately.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    um, i did the template over the art for centering's sake. The one he posted is the one he's sending in. That one just has the outline at the very edge (where it gets tucked into the back).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, I thought we were closing this on the 8th. The 18th leaves me very little time to put this together, especially with the CCST departure so close from that date.

I vote for closing the doc on the eighth.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My bootahns have been ordered! :D
    (Also, I changed my avatar to reflect my new design. yay!)
    chiparoo_buttonf.jpg
    ^5 to anyone who gets the reference

Chiparoo on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Chiparoo wrote: »

Chip's Challenge?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My bootahns have been ordered! :D
    (Also, I changed my avatar to reflect my new design. yay!)
    chiparoo_buttonf.jpg

You mean the challenge thereof? Chip, and therefor his challenge? That's what I'm seeing.

Now, for my raising to the fifth power, make it snappy. I want gills, wings, and a few extra thumbs out of this.

EDIT: Damn, tr0tsky beat me to it.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can tell I am amongst my people
    ^5

Chiparoo on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thanda, I did another submission for my Bonus Button--the LHH Button--'cause I can't remember to save my life if I did that.

Also, did Soups place in his submission??

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    RedPikachuRedPikachu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    button.jpg

it's equal parts adorable and classy, like a tiny dog dressed in a miniature tuxedo. excellent work.

Haha! I can totally picture the image of a tiny dog dressed in a miniature tuxedo, and I LOVE it!! Thanks for the compliment! ^_^

RedPikachu on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »

Chip's Challenge?

Indeed. Chiparoo, my GF loves that game and I am required BY LAW OF RELATIONSHIP STATUS to attain one of your imaged affixable circles.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Brian4120 wrote: »
    tr0tsky wrote: »

Chip's Challenge?

Indeed. Chiparoo, my GF loves that game and I am required BY LAW OF RELATIONSHIP STATUS to attain one of your imaged affixable circles.

Seek me out at Wolfman Theatre ^^
    That's where I'll be!

Chiparoo on
  • Options
    DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OK!

Pin is done and ordered, don't mind the edges I figure they'll be wrapped around anyways and I'm bad enough at photoshop as it is.

Draknodred on
This discussion has been closed.