edited May 2008
    So like

is Ares gonna notice his son is missing or what

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    does Ares seem like the kind of dude who would ask for help

I'm sure once Fury shows up with his kid in tow we'll get an Ares reaction to where he's been.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm not saying he would ask for help

I'm asking if he has noticed that his son has been missing for the past 6 months

I mean the motherfucker loves his son, just read the Miniseries

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Most important thing we learned from this issue is that Skrulls apparently didn't copy spider sense. Because they can't? Or because they never got ahold of Spidey's DNA?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yeah but we haven't really gotten any glimpses of his homelife outside of that.

I'm just sayin I'm not sure where you would put such a scene.

Maybe that scene will be in the next MA issue who knows

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    and I'm gonna gush a little more on the art because Yu's Beast is so goddamn perfect, he's my favorite character and I miss that look so much.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Again, notice that with Dr. Strange's "let's see who you really are inside" spell, Luke and Jessica looked exactly as they do getting off of the ship. Luke in his old threads and Jessica in her superhero duds.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Damn that is a pretty good point

I didnt even think of that

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    oh man and their breakup took place pretty much in as public a place as they could have one too

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    and I'm gonna gush a little more on the art because Yu's Beast is so goddamn perfect, he's my favorite character and I miss that look so much.
    I really really hope Lion beast isn't a skrull

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I really really hope Lion beast isn't a skrull

oh me either, he's been written great the last few years

I just hate the design and really miss the old look, I just wish it would come back somehow.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I still insist on my sleeper skrull theory. Some of the major characters will be sleeper skrulls whom precisely acts like the original content would act. So that will probably be explained as in " If X was to be the real deal, he would have acted the same" stuff...

As an example Ronin Clint seems like a great prospect for my sleeper skrull theory..

Dreamon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    SECINV003a_col.jpg
    Steve McNiven variant for issue #3

holy hell that is sweet

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kaiser4149Kaiser4149 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What about Ms. Marvel, the one that's been with the Mighty Avengers lately, not the one from the ship. The whole incident at the mutate facility just seemed strange. I don't know. I just think it makes sense for a high ranking official of the Initiative or someone close to one be a Skrull. What better position to be in than to have access to the files of most of the superhumans?

Kaiser4149 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ms. Marvel is not a skrull, the skrulls attempted to replace her in her solo title but failed.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nick Fury is not fucking around is he?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is a rather bad ass cover.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    IDK if this has been discussed, but I have a theory about the fight in #2-
    it was one big diversion to get Skrull-Mockingbird into the ranks of the heroes. The reason she new about the miscarriage was because she has psychic powers now.
    Retarded? y/n

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    it was one big diversion to get Skrull-Mockingbird into the ranks of the heroes. The reason she new about the miscarriage was because she has psychic powers now.
    Retarded? y/n

Yeah, there are less conspicuous ways to do that.

From my perspective, the point was to scatter everyone.

Sentry-1.jpg

And scatter they did.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Stupid God-damned Sentry. You'd think Tony or someone would tell him that people are going to fuck with his head because his head is fucked, but I guess it's better to wait until he runs screaming or thinks the Void recreated the world and sent him back in time.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Vision looks scary as hell in that panel.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He doesn't actually fly away as he's seen in a few panels after the Void trick.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So he just spun around in place?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "Wait a second... I don't know where I am.

Toooonnyyy, I'm lost! Which way is New York?!"

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Now that I think about it...
    what if what Vision said is more true than we know? That the Skrulls can somehow manipulate Sentry into their ultimate weapon? We still don't quite know what happened to his wife.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I thought she lived.
    You're talking about the Ultron encounter, right?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, this is the first major comic event ever that makes me wants to buy all the tie ins.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I thought she lived.

It showed that yes but I think she could have been replaced.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Retarded? y/n

Wait, I was under the impression that to perfectly replace a person, the Skrulls
    extract that person's memories.
    Am I wrong on that? Am I just dreaming that up (very possible)? Because if I'm right, then
    a Skrullckingbird wouldn't need to be psychic, she'd just know what Mockingbird knew.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I don't think they can get the memories.
    They fucked up with Daredevil in New Avengers when he tried to abduct Echo, that's why I think they learned from their mistake.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Man, this is the first major comic event ever that makes me wants to buy all the tie ins.

Even Front Line? o_O

Ecko on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They fucked up with Daredevil in New Avengers when he tried to abduct Echo, that's why I think they learned from their mistake.
    But that Skrull wasn't meant to replace Daredevil. It was meant to replace Echo, so it's quite probable that it only had Echo's memories, not Daredevil's.
    Unless I'm not remembering something vital that happened that ends up proving me wrong and dumb.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ecko wrote: »

Even Front Line? o_O

Well the SI-version of Frontline is supposed to be less reporter-oriented. Only Ben Urich is showing up. Other cast members are gonna be regular people having to deal with the same paranoia the heroes are going through right now.

For example, if I remember correctly, one of the stories in the mini-series will take place in an ad agency located in the Baxter Building after the entire place goes into lockdown. It turns out there was a Skrull or two inside, disguised as employees and they decide that since they're trapped, they might as well start killing all the humans on the floor. Supposed to be like a Skrull version of the movie 'Alien'.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »

Even Front Line? o_O

Well the SI-version of Frontline is supposed to be less reporter-oriented. Only Ben Urich is showing up. Other cast members are gonna be regular people having to deal with the same paranoia the heroes are going through right now.

For example, if I remember correctly, one of the stories in the mini-series will take place in an ad agency located in the Baxter Building after the entire place goes into lockdown. It turns out there was a Skrull or two inside, disguised as employees and they decide that since they're trapped, they might as well start killing all the humans on the floor. Supposed to be like a Skrull version of the movie 'Alien'.

Good to hear, I actually hadn't read that anywhere. After WWH: Frontline...ugh..yeah.

Ecko on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Even Front Line? o_O

Good to hear, I actually hadn't read that anywhere. After WWH: Frontline...ugh..yeah.

SI:Frontline has the chance to be good because it's written by Brian Reed instead of Paul Jenkins

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    But that Skrull wasn't meant to replace Daredevil. It was meant to replace Echo, so it's quite probable that it only had Echo's memories, not Daredevil's.
    Unless I'm not remembering something vital that happened that ends up proving me wrong and dumb.

I figured it wasn't "our" Daredevil, but if she had Echo's memories, then why couldn't she answer the question correctly? When the same thing happens with Clint/Mockingbird, she answers correctly.

Going back to New Avengers 40, the Skrulls are apparently able to only implant false memories. They can duplicate everything of a subject (appearance, powers, how they think) just not memories.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Even Front Line? o_O

Here we go. And it's Stark Tower, not the Baxter Building. My bad.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16296
    CBR wrote:
    “A big part of my pitch was that I want the superheroes to be as big and as powerful looking to the characters and readers as the Skrulls are. When the invasion starts we’re seeing things from sort of our point of view rather than the heroes; because there are plenty of other books telling that story.”

As is the premise of the “Front Line” brand, the Marvel heroes don’t star in “Secret Invasion: Front Line,” but they do make some very big appearances. “There are going to be a lot of cameos. The big trick is that I want those cameos to feel like this big special event,” said Reed. “The first issue opens with a cab driver and then Spider-Man and Menace fall out of the sky and crash into the hood of his cab. We see it all from the cab driver’s point of view and it’s like these two gods have just fallen out of the sky. There’s this awe, it’s like ‘Holy Shit! There’s Spider-Man!’

“As a fan reading these stories with characters like Spider-Man or the X-Men you kind of forget what they mean to the average person. They’re called superhuman for a reason. This is the kind of story where you go, ‘Oh my God! That woman is flying!’”

When the Skrull invasion begins, simple survival is the biggest problem for the cast of “Secret Invasion: Front Line,” but as the series progresses, a new host of complications come to the fore. “When you’ve got an emergency room you want to keep it open but you also have to protect it from these shapeshifting monsters. What happens if one of them figures out what you are, makes himself a patient, and comes walking through the door?” Reed remarked. “We’ve also got a group of people at this design firm located in Stark Tower. When the lockdown starts all the windows are covered by steel plates and the building becomes a box. Inside the box are Skrulls who have been there as part of the invasion. They’ve decided they’re going to have some fun and hunt the people trapped inside with them. So we have all sorts of little pieces involving paranoia and putting people into situations they can’t get out of.”
    SIFL_TAV01Col.jpg
    SIFL_TAV02Col.jpg
    SIFL_TAV03Col.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If the real Mockingbird is dead, then how would they obtain her brainwave patterns?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is the beginning of SI: Frontline set a little while before #1 of Secret Invasion?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If the real Mockingbird is dead, then how would they obtain her brainwave patterns?

Mephiskrull

Or they got her DNA before she died. These guys have been planning this for a while.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.