As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Pax Breakfast (Pike Place) NOW WITH PICS!

• emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Snickers wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »
    Snickers wrote: »
    I think it's pretty clear everyone who's anyone will come. After all, we can get first dibs on everyone's buttons before we all run out!

Heh, try third dibs! :D Well, for me anyways. I've got the dinner and MMTour, they get first/second dibs, respectively :P

I get to start trading when I get to my room, how do you like them apples.

Actually, I have VThornheart's buttons, so I've technically already started.

Well, you cheat, thats all I have to say! Also, if I decide to go to the lunch on friday, I could start trading there :D

hate to break it to you, but i doubt anyone else has buttons. but good luck with that.
    If I can convince my friend to drive me I'll bring my buttons at least

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    I'm so in. Though, my first pick is gonna be the crumpets place as well, and it looks like I'm not alone :-)

If it looks like a majority of us are headed to crumpets, then we should stagger the waves so we don't overwhelm the staff. Or at least call them a week or two ahead of time so they're properly staffed for hungry gamers :-)

well, apperently they handle the early morning rush just fine every day. and also, as much as i would like to enjoy a crumpet, i may opt for humbao. so i don't think it'll be a huge issue.

I find the Mee Sum Bakery to be substandard to others in the ID proper, with the exception of their crab rangoon-type things which kick ass. However I'm thinking of organizing a dim sum group to go to Honey Court, China Gate, or House of Hong for some real baozi.

I don't even know what you are talking about.

That probably means I should go with you.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone want to do a 7am crumpet run with me? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? *pouty eyes*

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    It depends on how non-adjusted I am to the time zone. I have this tendency to wake up uber-early for at least the first day of PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Anyone want to do a 7am crumpet run with me? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? *pouty eyes*

I'd be up for it... as long as I'm awake at 7am which is questionable when I'm until 4 or 5am

emorimiku on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I could most likely be up for a crumpet run...is this still in Pike Place?

tr0tsky on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    I could most likely be up for a crumpet run...is this still in Pike Place?

To my knowledge, yes, it's still on at 9am. however, if people do want to go at 7, be my guest. i just won't be there before 9, due to getting into my costume :/

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd be up for a 7am crumpet run, after all, I'm getting a ride in at that time anyway.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just to warn you guys, defecting is a serious offense. Execution is allowed, but I think the standard punishment is "no buttons for you!"

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
    edited July 2008
    I thought that said "defecating". What a difference one little vowel can make...

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    Just to warn you guys, defecting is a serious offense. Execution is allowed, but I think the standard punishment is "no buttons for you!"

'Scuse me for needing to be at the WSCTC early. :P Besides, 7-8:30 is Happy Hour at the Crumpet Shop.

Liger on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I didn't even factor in how the time zone changes from one coast to another may affect me. If I sleep at the table during breakfast don't hate on me.

redhalo on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Dude, it's a 3 hour difference. Meaning when it's noon EDT, it's 9am PDT. So if anything, you'll be more awake in the mornings than you are normally.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    God I wish I was in a different time zone than PAX, that would make things so much more tolerable for me. I can barely get my ass going before 11 usually.

Transparent on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    God I wish I was in a different time zone than PAX, that would make things so much more tolerable for me. I can barely get my ass going before 11 usually.

What, like Australia? That's about where you'd have to be for 7 am PST to feel like 11 am.

ElectricTurtle on
    hnqdemw8w8d6.png
    edited July 2008
    No, 11am was only mentioned because that's when I usually force myself out of bed, and I don't want to sleep that late during PAX. If I had a time change like Moe it would be helpful, but I don't.

Transparent on
    edited July 2008
    No, 11am was only mentioned because that's when I usually force myself out of bed, and I don't want to sleep that late during PAX. If I had a time change like Moe it would be helpful, but I don't.

you can artificially force a time change with enough caffeine

emorimiku on
  • WaterscorpionWaterscorpion Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, I'm in for going if I can convince the rest of my group to go. All that food sounds so good right now....at 3:30am the only thing open is Jack'n the Box.. :|

Waterscorpion on
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

'Scuse me for needing to be at the WSCTC early. :P Besides, 7-8:30 is Happy Hour at the Crumpet Shop.

I'm in for early breakfast run! Totally nothing to do with a Happy Hour involving Crumpets. Seriously.

CuZZa on
    edited July 2008
    CuZZa wrote: »
    I'm in for early breakfast run! Totally nothing to do with a Happy Hour involving Crumpets. Seriously.

Partially for the crumpet, partially for the strumpet (Liger)...kekeke

disclaimer: I'm not calling Liger a prostitute...it's just the only thing that rhymes with Crumpet that I could think of on short notice.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    For the record, Crumpet Happy Hour = ANY latte for $2. :D

Liger on
    edited July 2008
    awww... now you're all gonna make me get up at 5:30 so i can come with you ;.;

Lyanth on
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Me and my friend can get up pretty much whenever. No time change for us to deal with and we're both early risers. Especially with a little Jolt!

magiic on
    edited July 2008
    For the record, Crumpet Happy Hour = ANY latte for $2. :D

well then... I suppose I could just not sleep if I haven't already slept by like 5

emorimiku on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I expect me and LewieP will be there, with badges, although we start swapping them this Saturday at the UK pre-PAX meet-up in Birmingham.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    *Finishes wrestling an alligator*

Sorry for the long absence, folks. I've had a broken computer and a vacation. One of these experiences was quite nice. I'll let you guys decide which! :P
    Honestly I think it should be pretty informal, a lot of us aren't morning people so I'm not sure depending on people's punctuality will contribute to the success of this. Pretty much if you miss the group then just walk down to Pike Place Market, I'm sure we'll be easy enough to find.

True dat. I'm not in the mood to baby-sit so be on time or meet us down there. I won't be doing a headcount because many people's plans change and I don't want to hold up the group.

For those going early, hopefully we'll meet up with you down there. We chose 9AM to be early but not too early. Plus many of the restaurants aren't open until 9AM. Now don't ask me why a restaurant serving breakfast would open at a leisurely 9AM. :x For some 9AM seemed early but I know you overacheivers/insomniacs will want to go earlier, so hopefully you're still hanging around when we all get there. We should be pretty easy to spot bedecked, as we will be, in forum buttons! 8-)

MR.T on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am an early riser. I am definitely in.

I will also be there with buttons on.

[edit] In fact, after reading most of this thread, I think i am going to make a celebratory crumpet.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Early risers are inhuman. If I'm going, it'll probably be because I stayed up late enought for it to be early.

vgc on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Another thread has pictures of many forumers IRL. I thought I'd put mine on here so people recognize me when they show up. So here's some pics of me for anyone dying to see the T.
    l_264be12ea659f0a7b1dfaa4f6ff345ce.jpg
    Me and my honey (and yes that is hay in the background, I am from Idaho, after all!)
    l_e65458e7cbc5ededad98ec2ca40543b4.jpg
    And now for something a little more classy. What's more classy than playing Warcraft in a shirt and tie? :winky:

MR.T on
  • vicious_keinvicious_kein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This is my first year really doing a lot of stuff outside of pax and i this sounds like it would be a lot of fun so I'm in.

vicious_kein on
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lets just get on Name to name basis, so we run into each other down at the Market we can do nerd stuff.

Im Aaron. Who are you?

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lets just get on Name to name basis, so we run into each other down at the Market we can do nerd stuff.

Im Aaron. Who are you?

This is why we have a thread for pictures, because names will do no good without faces.

ElectricTurtle on
    hnqdemw8w8d6.png
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wasn't signed up for this, but I will be.

If for no other reason, buttons to pass out and potentially booty to claim.

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Im Aaron. Who are you?

This is why we have a thread for pictures, because names will do no good without faces.

Also, we have names. I'm Snickers, and you are NOT Aaron, you are Grooveman! Nice to meet you Grooveman.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • John_FN_SeilerJohn_FN_Seiler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am down for this
    This would be the first time for me in Seattle so It would be nice to be in a groupe so i dont get lost

John_FN_Seiler on
    Listen to Spoiler Alert on KSUA 91.5FM at http://ksua.uaf.edu/ Every Tuesday 8 PM-10PM (9-11 PM Pacific). It's a Talk show about games, movies, comics, wrestling, TV and everything in between.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spoiler-Alert-KSUA-915-FM/129190520480743
    edited July 2008
    Welcome back Mr. T! I must say, in the photos, you kinda look like a white Mr. T. Its very weird.

and also, for the name thing, those of us that have met up IRL at the Pre-PAX seattlite luncheon have found that in the end its just easier to remember someone's forumer name then to go "okay, so he's John, she's Sue, and wait, we had three Steves?"

Lyanth on
  • TalisonTalison Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to try to make the breakfast run so I can meet a few of you before the button exchange. I wanted to do more pre-PAX events, but unfortunately I will be out of town until the Wednesday before :(

Talison on
    edited July 2008
    I just realized something... but, PAX on Friday doesn't start until 2:00PM. I don't want to wait in a line for 4 hours, even if I want to go bug the Roosterteeth guys first.

Maybe we should wait until later, and make it a brunch.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Its breakfast, because the REST of us want to wait in line. Thats half the fun of the first day!

Now if you want to brunch, thats cool! There are probably others willing to do so.

But I really vote for the main event to be breakfast, and NO later than 9.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind when it is, quite frankly I would much rather wait in line with you guys, and get my ass kicked at Pokemon.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.