Options

Hotel Hate & Hope (Free dinner with cheese and whine!)

1798081828385»

• Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Many a time I have seen a big battle at a choke point... I see druids, shamans and priests hanging out with the warlocks and hunters.

Sweet I think, I can just barrel right into the chokepoint and start swinging. One of these guys will top me off.

So I intercept, fear and start hacking away only to realize my health is now falling off waterfall style. I swing my view around to see the priests putting dots on, the druids moonfiring and of course the shamans tossing their cute little lightning balls. Motherfuckers dont realize that even with half assed healing I could probably break that choke point.
    Then I die.

This is why I prefer to PvP heal on my druid. It's damn near impossible to kill me unless I'm focus-fired by 3+ and by the time I go down the warrior I'm healing has taken care of most of them. One team one dream!

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: Another night of nothing doing. Patch day + more people having "shit going on".

Happy: It gave our 3s team a night to goof around. We're pushing into the 1700s now(ended @ 1714, I think). Lots of fun there.

Hope: Fucktards start showing up, or I might have the serious urge to move my Tanky Druid to a guild that's working SSC/TK (early BT/Hyjal) and stop wasting my time in Sunwell.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy: 2h10mins after raid start, Brutallus is dead (3 wipes on kalecg, lolportals, 1 on brutallus), even though we've got 4 people in the raid who are on their first night in sunwell. At least the explosion of the #2 guild on the server has made recruiting easier >.>

Hilarious: The reason the bubble burst (They've been dying for a long time now, but last week was the first time they couldn't get a raid together because of the member loss) is because the GM told all dps to get subtlety on cloak, then refused too himself, and it apparently grew into a giant forum war or something. This is a guild that killed Illidan 15 or so times (but couldn't get a foothold in sunwell).

Hope: That another guild steps up below us. It'd be good for the server in general, and for our recruiting pool.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    (Lil set up. I'm in a BT/MH Guild and we were hurting from the Summer lulls for a bit but managed to get back into the swing of things. I raid on a prot pally.)

Happy. 6/9 BT last night, one night. That leaves Mother, Council attempts and maybe some "ooh, Illidan, ouch dead."

Hate: No tanking belt from Bloodboil, AGAIN!

Happy: Switched to my fury warrior to help with interrupts on RoS after a failed first attempt due to a Spirit Shock bonanza on Essence of Desire. Wiped the floor with RoS after I swapped and Dreadboots of the legion dropped.

Amused: The boots were forced on the Ret pally even though he didn't want them because he had the Vindicator's boots due to a need for INT. (I really didn't care, but I was the only other plate wearing DPS at the time.)

Slightly annoyed: I can never seem to find a way to get good shoulders other than the Doomplate for my fury warrior other than PVP or hoping we do Gruul's while waiting for people to show up.

Yukira on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Hate: Mages!

Mages are still automatically given a shadow priest and shaman because "they can't lifetap like you warlocks can, we don't want them to be useless." Yet they admit to not using evocation and not using mana potions, but destro potions instead. I have to use my DPS-decreasing mana regen ability but they don't? I wish I had that luxury. I chain mana potions and still have to lifetap. And yet, and yet, they do HUNDREDS of DPS less than the warlocks, much less than can be rationalized by lack of CoE. Grr.

I assume you're talking about Brutallus because there is no way a mage is making it through Felmyst without evocating. Anyway, for Brut a good shadowpriest will return somewhere between 20k and 25k mana over those 6 minutes. I skip Evoc (when possible) and use destro pots, but I'm pretty much dry at the end of the fight even with a shaman as support. If I used a full Evoc (~8k mana over 10 seconds) and full mana pot/gem usage (3 super mana's/3 mana emerald ~ 2400 each - I normally use 3 destro pots, 2 flame caps, 1 mana emerald) I would make approximately that mana back but I would have exactly 0 outs if my evoc got interrupted and I would be losing out on 2 minutes of +80 damage and 45 seconds of +120 damage/+2% crit synced up to icy veins/heroism/molten fury/skull of gul'dan. The evoc alone is about 60 dps lost, the consumable use is at least 200. So yeah, you can take the shadowpriest away from the mages on this fight and they'd probably make it to the end without OOMing, but you're taking ~250 dps off of dps that is already gimped compared to your warlocks.

In the general sense, mages have no "oh-shit" methods of regaining mana. They do have reasonable tools to do so, but everything has a minimum of a 2 minute cooldown, and if you OOM without cooldowns available you're pretty much worthless. Locks are less efficient, but they can never truly OOM as long as a helaer has mana. Any mage would trade you evoc+gems for lifetap in a heartbeat.

As for overall dps, the sad thing is that the deep destro shadowbolt scales better than the deep fire fireball. The only thing keeping mages close to competative is cooldown stacking (especially during molten fury) - let the locks throw up CoD instead of a utility curse and it's not particularly close. If you want to post a WWS of one of your recent Brut kills I can tell you if any of your mages are making big mistakes, but the short version is that we simply require more coddling for equal or worse dps.

Edit - in our raid group we usually have 3 locks, 3 mages, 2 shadowpriests, and one elemental shaman. The two top dps locks and one lucky mage get the elem shaman and a shadowpriest while the other two mages and lock get a shadowpriest and a resto shaman. One of our mages was arcane (though he's going back to fire) so he actually prefered the resto to the elemental, and the other mage got to be scorch bitch (we rotate that job). Sometimes we run 2 mages/4 locks but generally everybody gets a shadowpriest so we don't have the envy that you do :P.

(Spoilered quote from a few pages ago re: mages and Brutallus.) See that is more reasonable to me. We rarely have two balanced caster groups, though, and rarely more than one or maybe two shadow priests. So healers get one spriest, mages get the other, and they'll get the elemental shaman too who "needs" a spriest, or the resto shaman who has the most mana intensive job on Brut. I'm a big believer in the people who will actually do the most DPS getting the group buffs. Buffs are multiplicative, why multiply the DPS of the shittiest mage(s) when you could get more raid DPS out of the best warlock(s)?

Whoever says warriors are OP has obviously never played one.

BTW there already was a rogue and warrior nerf : Resilience

I would laugh at this except I can't do that while stunned can't do that while stunned can't do that while stunned.

riz on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    duber wrote: »
    I don't mind if I'm getting jumped on by 3-4 people and the person just watches or runs away, it's the times that someone (rogue, feral druid) jumps my mage or priest and your realmate just rides on by or just watches.

To be fair, in any BG the objective is something beyond just killing people unless it's an AV where it's come down to reinforcements. If I get caught away from a node/flag/other objective, I would prefer any team mates to ride by to something more important while I kill or delay someone away from an objective.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind if I'm getting jumped on by 3-4 people and the person just watches or runs away, it's the times that someone (rogue, feral druid) jumps my mage or priest and your realmate just rides on by or just watches.

To be fair, in any BG the objective is something beyond just killing people unless it's an AV where it's come down to reinforcements. If I get caught away from a node/flag/other objective, I would prefer any team mates to ride by to something more important while I kill or delay someone away from an objective.

Agree, very much. One of my favorite things to do on any class is piss off as many people as I can and kite them around, it's like a form of CC. while 4 guys are spending 45 seconds trying to kill my Mage they're not capping a node or getting their flag back.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Agree, very much. One of my favorite things to do on any class is piss off as many people as I can and kite them around, it's like a form of CC. while 4 guys are spending 45 seconds trying to kill my Mage they're not capping a node or getting their flag back.

Get a resto druid. It seems to anger them more.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    305 fishing, 350 cooking. I feel as if I have been productive tonight.

What makes me happy is that Blackened Sporefish go for 40g a stack on my server, and I can level my fishing by only fishing them in Zangar. It's win freakin' win.

Tav on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I get very annoyed by those people who watch you die or get pounded on for some time all the awhile they stand there watching you like some preverse snuff flim

I am very guilty of this on my rogue. If I see someone getting beat on by 3-4 people and I don't think we can overcome them, I will usually just stealth off leaving them to a grissly death.

One of my favorate parts of heroic mech (when I'm a healer anyways) is to run next to friends after the first boss and try to kill them with polarity.

The same happens whenever someone gets mind controlled.

IS IT CAN BE HUGS TIEM NOW?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Gnome anything and the Horde only see Red with a little bald dude in the center of their screen.

Seg on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Gnome anything and the Horde only see Red with a little bald dude in the center of their screen.

So very true. I don't care what the fuck is happening, or how the game is going. If I see a Gnome, I am gonna do everything in my power to kill them. I fucking hate them.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kunohara wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »

So very true. I don't care what the fuck is happening, or how the game is going. If I see a Gnome, I am gonna do everything in my power to kill them. I fucking hate them.

it's like me and undead rogues.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I think that if I didn't play one, I'd probably have something against undead priests.

There are soooo many of them.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    gnome mages must die

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    And undead warlocks, and undead mages. I prefer orcs and trolls more for those classes.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    gnome mages must die

I'd kill 'em if they weren't green...

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    And undead warlocks, and undead mages. I prefer orcs and trolls more for those classes.

I prefer orc warlocks as well, except for their casting animation.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Belf Paladins. Can't stand the prissy little things.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wouldn't stand them either, but paladins in general are very cool, so I know some very cool belf paladins.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I wouldn't stand them either, but paladins in general are very cool, so I know some very cool belf paladins.

It's a lore thing. The particular lore handwaving to create them just pisses me off. Also an entire race of whinny emo things.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fair treatment was never shown to my people

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate, Hope and Happy:

Healzftw: k i sined up am i a member now
    me: i don't think it works like that mate
    Healzftw: shutup i wasnt ask you
    me: rofl
    Guild Leader: what?
    Healzftw: ur only a member u dont have a say
    Guild Leader: but he earned it... Guess what you're doing in my head?
    Healzftw: ?
    Healzftw has been kicked from the guild.

*a short time later in /2*
    Healzftw: *Guild Leader* iz a fucking noob!!!!

noobert on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It's a lore thing. The particular lore handwaving to create them just pisses me off. Also an entire race of whinny emo things.

Its too bad there weren't any other race options. I know I'm not the only one who would have rolled troll paladin if it was available.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I would've rerolled for a Draenei Warlock.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I want a troll druid and troll warlock :(

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    gnome mages must die

Male gnomes maybe, but what's cuter than a female gnome mage (except maybe a female gnome warrior)?
    Mage3.jpg

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Its too bad there weren't any other race options. I know I'm not the only one who would have rolled troll paladin if it was available.

I'd be cool with Troll Paladins. We could get together and throw a hell of a party.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    After viewing some of these talents, I'm starting to wish I rolled an undead resto shaman.

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.