As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Small notice for anyone running a (mini)phalla this month:

Do not accept any of my signups. School matters, y'see.

I'll do my best, but if I give in, you know what to do.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holding off sign ups for my mini till Wednesday to give the main some time to get rolling.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, the Shin Megami Tensei phalla sign ups are up. Anyone else interested?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, the Shin Megami Tensei phalla sign ups are up. Anyone else interested?

You've got to make it easier on them and give them the link. People are lazy these days.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, make it colorful and pictureful!

I get the feeling that school finals are keeping many people away who usually play.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Signups for my mini will be going up shortly.

Exarch on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Isn't it typical to wait two or three days after a main starts before starting a mini? Usually rosters for those are formed from the death tolls of mains.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    By the time this main starts it'll be the only game running, I don't think I'll be stealing players at this point, I can postpone again if needed, but I did announce my intentions ahead of time.

Signups here.

Exarch on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Isn't it typical to wait two or three days after a main starts before starting a mini? Usually rosters for those are formed from the death tolls of mains.

This is the way it used to be. I don't think it is still that way now, since so many more people than before are participating in these thingies.

Rend on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Shit, is my game gonna run through Christmas?!

I'm very bad at predictin' times!

Obbi on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Shit, is my game gonna run through Christmas?!

I'm very bad at predictin' times!

Well, seeing that the forums do traditionally shut down during Christmas, I'd say it'd be prudent to take a break after the current game is done, then start up your game after the forums return from the holiday break. I hope there won't be any conflicts before the current game ends, though...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Speaking of breaks.

Guys, I'm going to request that Thorgot or whoever please change my entry to

Mega_Man_X_Collection_by_UdonCrew.jpg

- Phallaman X (To begin no sooner than mid-February).

With everything going on with me (holidays - new job/training - moving) I don't think I can give my game proper attention until after I'm settled in at the new place. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm working on finishing up my database (finally got some time to work on it tonight) for the Care Bears phalla... but if I start the game, say, midweek, I don't want it running into Christmas.

Would it be wise to put the Care Bears Phalla on hold until the new year? It *would* also give me a chance to improve on my hastily created database too. =)

Let me know what you guys think. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I'm announcing my intent to run another full sized phalla(Hopefully I'm not dead by then)
    Harvest_Moon_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpgA phalla of intrigue, madness, and farming.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    And love, don't forget love. I was shocked to learn that some people played my dating sim to farm.

Exarch on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh Gods I'm there.

Also @Exarch: I am intrigued by this "farming dating sim" that you speak of. May I be so bold as to ask that you enlighten me via PM?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    lol, awesome Zellpher! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Has someone made plans to run the Christmas phalla when Tube inevitably combines the PA Forums into one?

If not, I call dibs.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    man what the hell, I can't find Mr. B's listin' of roles from Gods of Phalla or DA's listin' of roles from Ultimate Phalla

I had them on my hard drive before it corrupted, and now I gotta run around pawin' for them again RRGH

Does anybody have them floatin' around, by chance?

Obbi on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    man what the hell, I can't find Mr. B's listin' of roles from Gods of Phalla or DA's listin' of roles from Ultimate Phalla

I had them on my hard drive before it corrupted, and now I gotta run around pawin' for them again RRGH

Does anybody have them floatin' around, by chance?
    Ultimate Phalla
    Gods Of Phalla -- I believe what you are requesting is the "Design Document."

durax on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For the fish. Not the neatest list but it's the collection of Role PM's.

Edit: I should learn to check to make sure I'm on the last page before responding.....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, that's right! I can't run the Carebear Mini yet anyways with the great Christmas Combobulation(TM) approaching any day now.

More time to plan. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am announcing my intentions to run this mini
    pagemaster_ver1.jpg
    The Pagemaster

Look for it in late January or February

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nice Monkeyfeet =) I look forward to it =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait?

You could run a mini in the meantime of course.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    So... I announce intentions to run a Phalla here?

The line is up to 64? That's like... over a year.

What's the general protocol for this?

You say "I want to run a phalla", you go on the list. You don't have to come up with a theme or anything until your time draws much closer.

Or, if you want to run a mini you can probably get that going within a few weeks.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You may want to signup for the main list and just get your name on there. You can decide later that you can't do it when it is about to come around, but you can't go the other way and expect to just host a game out of the blue.

Work out a mini in the meantime!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I might want to run a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle phalla. Maybe a mini.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Question: I know VT is doing his Care Bear mini Next, was there another in between that and my Bio terrorism one?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    # There is no list to host a "Mini" Phalla. You must PM the person hosting the major game to ask his/her permission.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yes, That has been said many times before, but I am trying to be nice and wait my turn.

There may not be a formal list, but common courtesy demands I wait till anyone who announced plans before me gets to go.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yes, That has been said many times before, but I am trying to be nice and wait my turn.

There may not be a formal list, but common courtesy demands I wait till anyone who announced plans before me gets to go.

What you just said boils down to "There is a list, we just don't bother to actually announce it anywhere."

Which, if that were the decision of the group, I'd abide by. Since it wasn't the decision and is in fact the exact opposite of the decision that was made it just ends up being really fucking stupid.

Regardless it still answers your question because you still need to contact Abysmal Lynx unless he'd made an announcement somewhere and I missed it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

What you just said boils down to "There is a list, we just don't bother to actually announce it anywhere."

Which, if that were the decision of the group, I'd abide by. Since it wasn't the decision and is in fact the exact opposite of the decision that was made it just ends up being really fucking stupid.

Regardless it still answers your question because you still need to contact Abysmal Lynx unless he'd made an announcement somewhere and I missed it.

His game is over. If you want to run a mini now, you need to hit up Sabs.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yea, well we're in grey area now. Sab's has been at the top of the list for like a year but I haven't seen his game yet.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yea, well we're in grey area now. Sab's has been at the top of the list for like a year but I haven't seen his game yet.

True.

I say free for all on minis until x-mas. Or we all get into a group forum hug and some one runs a Christmas phalla where I did on DAY ONE BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK!

Sorry - venting there.

On other news, I need a co-host for Phalla of the Dead.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Given that there is Christmas Forum Unification coming, I doubt any main games are going to be starting.

So free-for-all minis to ring in the New Year!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    drats, i can't run mine right now, thats why I was asking because in a week im moving to Portland to start doctor school.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Question: I know VT is doing his Care Bear mini Next, was there another in between that and my Bio terrorism one?

Oh, just to note... an important one.

I hate to delay it, but with the impending "giant christmas concatenation" that's set to occur any day now, I won't be starting signups for the Care Bear mini until the smoke clears from that chaos. I can't remember how long it stays as one congealed site, but whenever that stops I'll start up the Carebear Mini. =)

EDIT: Also, congrats Reflection! Doctor school is no easy thing to get into. Well done! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I may also start a mini during the Christmas free for all if the opportunity allows.

It will be appropriate for the season.
    sweeney-todd.jpg

Sort of.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm....but, but, but....wouldn't he be the bad guy? If not I have no clue what would make up the village....

DevoutlyApathetic on
This discussion has been closed.