As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so whats the minimum size for a large scale game would you guys/girls say?

50?

Egos on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That's what I'm planning my game at.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You could do one at 40, if you don't expect a huge turnout, and/or don't plan on having a huge death toll day by day.

And if a lot of people show interest, you could always scale up.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What's a good number of baddies for a 60 person game?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    6-8 i would think.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If it's one group, I would say 8-10. If it's two equally sized groups of bad guys, I would say 10-12.

But you know me. I like the village to be challenged.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Signups for Calvin and Hobbes mini will go up either tonight or tomorrow.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Signups for Calvin and Hobbes mini will go up either tonight or tomorrow.

Could you reserve me a spot? I do NOT want to miss this.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My phalla needs to be on hold till after April, that is when I will either have the time to run it with ideal settings at work and home or I will decide to scrap it.

I'm sorry that it's been in the hold position for so long folks.

M.D. on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hrmm, seems like I should pound out some specific mechanics of my phalla.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Am putting the final touches to a Father Ted themed mini, to start some time fairly soonish - probably the middle part of this week.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Can anyone tell me the requirements for running phalla's in another forum? D&D or SE++ ect?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    D&D has a list and thread. I think Richy maintains it. I think SE++ requires permission from one of the mods. I can't really recall. Gooey maybe?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hmm, I'm guessing this thread isn't a sticky.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Not the D&D one, I'd try searching by threads started by Richy. I'm pretty sure he's the one who does it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    D&D has a list and thread. I think Richy maintains it. I think SE++ requires permission from one of the mods. I can't really recall. Gooey maybe?
    The name you are thinking of is Bogey.
    He let's people play whenever he feels like taking responsibility for modding it (Which doesn't happen on any reliable time schedule).

durax on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Those sound alike at least. I'm shocked my knowledge of SE was lacking.

So I thought there was a big list of phalla roles collected somewhere but I can't seem to recall where it is.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    durax wrote: »
    He let's people play whenever he feels like taking responsibility for modding it (Which doesn't happen on any reliable time schedule).
    Well, to be fair, the last few games run in SE had a lot of problems so I haven't really been inclined to let them run for a bit now. We'll see if they are interested again sometime soon.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    durax wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, the last few games run in SE had a lot of problems so I haven't really been inclined to let them run for a bit now. We'll see if they are interested again sometime soon.

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, shy of the usual SE++ shenanigans, but most of the players who exclusively stick to that forum seem to enjoy the games, and look forward to whenever one shows up there.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, no, I'm grateful that Bogey is willing to do so, as he's the only reason phallas are allowed in Se++.
    The second sentence was meant to convey that he should expect to wait a while, before receiving the go-ahead.

(I have difficulty communicating anything that remotely resembles a compliment.)

durax on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I thought there was a big list of phalla roles collected somewhere but I can't seem to recall where it is.

I don't know if there's a truly comprehensive database, especially with the variant powers we've been using on the games here, but I suppose the Wikipedia page might be a good place to start. External Links, in particular, seem to be good places for further research.

As for stuff on this site, there's role collections for the Ultimate Phalla, Gods of Phalla, Phallian Phalla, and AL•PHA•LLA Game 4 for starters. (And it would appear you've had something to do with two of those links, and myself the other two.) There's some other good games out there with lots of different roles and abilities, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

EDIT: As I remember/find them: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Phalla, Shadowrun Phalla, Gehenna Phalla - Disciplines (with other roles in a number of posts in the following pages), Phallangband, Disgaea Phalla - Demons (with other roles in a number of following posts)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I don't know if there's a truly comprehensive database, especially with the variant powers we've been using on the games here, but I suppose the Wikipedia page might be a good place to start. External Links, in particular, seem to be good places for further research.

What I did for my first mini was take as many roles from that page as possible and try to cram them all into one game.

I think it worked pretty well.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well since you lovely people decided to off me simultaneously in both games (I wonder if I inadvertently pissed someone off?) Bio-Terrorism Mini is ready whenever Calvin and Hobbes ends, unless someone else would like to go first, i'm not pushy.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well since you lovely people decided to off me simultaneously in both games (I wonder if I inadvertently pissed someone off?) Bio-Terrorism Mini is ready whenever Calvin and Hobbes ends, unless someone else would like to go first, i'm not pushy.

Unless there are two invisible mini phallas currently running I fail to see why you're game isn't running right now.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Unless there are two invisible mini phallas currently running I fail to see why you're game isn't running right now.

There are.

[InvisPhalla] The Invisible Man (Day 3: OH GOD THE BADGERS!)
    [Miniphalla] The Inphisible Phour (SIGN UPS)

Rend on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Exactly, three minis can run at once.

Admittedly I have one ready to go - which will probably be the third one, but am waiting to be kicked out of the main. You have NO excuse. Run it. Run it now.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    There are.

[InvisPhalla] The Invisible Man (Day 3: OH GOD THE BADGERS!)
    [Miniphalla] The Inphisible Phour (SIGN UPS)
    You lie, I totally cast See Invis and they weren't there.

To punish you I demand you sign up for my game....it seems I finally realized that I should stop bitching about the lack of games and simply remedy it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fine then, let me get it started now. You people and your wanting everything all at once.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The_Reflection on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That seems rather large for a mini. As in, 10 more people than the game which was previously the largest.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    well, it true it's a bit large but mains have gotten larger themselves. So if you judge a mini by a main technically he's still a mini, although we are slowly approaching minis the size of old mains

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Is it gonna be a problem?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    as long as it finishes in what 6-7 days?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If it goes 7 days i'll honestly be surprised

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    if my memory hasn't failed me, I believe Thanatos had placed a cap on phalla minis for 20 participants, 25 at the most.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oh if that is the case, I don't recall that maybe someone could search it up would be a nice post to have in the op

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If need be i can cut it to 30, but 25 is a bit low for what i want to do.

I would really like to do 35 though.

I guess, please let me know what needs to be done

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Several numbers were thrown around in this thread a year ago.

That thread is also a good read for those who were wondering why there is no miniphalla signup list.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.