Is there a european wing of the goons?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    chrpnk wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Ok, account's all created, I will sign up for Early Access tonight when I get home. I'm not sure how much I will be on Sat, but Sunday I should be on a decent amount.

Not sure if you already signed up, but they closed the early access sign-ups. Even if you have a code, it won't let you pay the $5 anymore.

I just caught that in the game thread. Oh well, I have an Age of Conan account, no early access. I'll see u guys Tuesday night then. :)

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah i never got into the Early access either. I will however be sporting a fuckin' rhino

gazamc on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hockeymike wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    And remember to avoid whichever one the Goons pick.

This cannot be stressed enough.

Why? Griefing?

Endomatic on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    hockeymike wrote: »
    And remember to avoid whichever one the Goons pick.

This cannot be stressed enough.

Why? Griefing?

Mostly because they actively strive to take over whatever server they play on, and with their numbers they can do it. In realm-based games the Goons will singlehandedly create a massive population imbalance on any given server. Here they would probably just have a massive guild constantly taking all the keeps.

Zek on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well considering the low number of server options I think it's safe to say the Goons will reign supreme.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    BungletongueBungletongue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    American PvP. Early Access. That is all.

Bungletongue on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Who's organizing the US RP-PVP guild? Only recent stuff I've seen were from Demiurge and Zzulu and as far as I know they're both gonna be playing Euro. The Sons of Krahulik (Which I assume was US) site is dead.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Someone will have to step up I guess

In any case it's smart of you guys to roll on the same server, even if you end up in different guilds

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Last I heard you need 30 to start a town. That's worth keeping in mind if we Americans want a guild of all PA'ers. As it stands no server type is even close.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Last I heard you need 30 to start a town. That's worth keeping in mind if we Americans want a guild of all PA'ers. As it stands no server type is even close.

I've also read that some of the people in the guild need to be level 60.

Probably the best course of action is to run a poll once the early start server list is released for each server type. Hopefully most PA'ers will roll on the chosen servertype of their choice and we can organize at some point down the road.

There could also be a ton of people who have pre-ordered or intend to buy on launch day who have not posted in this thread. Either way, it's gonna be a couple weeks from launch (at a minimum) before anyone is in the position to build a town.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    RP or not, we should only have one PvP guild. I don't think there will be enough PA players to split across servers.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well that might be tough. I'm not an RP-er myself but from my experiences with WoW, I'd say there's a case to be made for RP-PvP even if you're not into RP. Unless things are going to a lot different in AoC, playing RP-PvP equates to less ass hattery and no stupid names.

[pwnjoo] says: Wunt 2 qwest?

From what I've seen (and once again this is with WoW), most of the RP'ing occurs in RP guild's chat and tells. If you choose to ignore it it's very easy, and you come away with a slightly less stupid playing experience. If it was done like <Beasts of Unusual Size> (Munkus' guild on Ravenholdt), where it's not really an RP guild, just on an RP server, it would work for people who don't want to RP. That was a horribly crafted sentence.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    go with PvP you pansies

you'll get to murder the people with the silly names and lack of grammatical skills. If you all just teamed up on one server you should be able to hold your own.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Good point, there is a certain satisfaction in killing someone named "Corncob".

If there's a huge split on PvP when the polling occurs I'll go with the majority. RP or not, grouping is probably gonna be more advantageous than going it alone. What I've read on the Funcom forums claim a xp bonus for groups, so it sounds like they're not fucking us in that regard.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just to clarify, my vote for RP-PVP is completely exchangeable with a just PVP server. It'd be great to have a big enough guild to do neat things, without having to recruit many mouth breathers. :winky:

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I agree with the whole having one PvP server and one PvE server.

But yeah, I'm down with whatever has the most people. Hopefully it's bigger than the Vanguard guild we did, where it basically consisted of 5 people that were on more than once a week.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    LOL, God, me.

American - PVP server

Herald of Xotli or Guardian... havent decided. :D~

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quoting SA forum:
    Server Selection:
    According to 207 unique votes in the Goonheim Forums, the Goon's Server Choice Awards go to:
    PvP: Tyranny (112 votes)
    RP-PvP: Asgard (21 votes)
    PvE: Zug (7 votes)

Still not 100% cast in stone (because the "official" server list hasn't been posted yet - just Funcom's servername poll results), but that's the way it looks as of today.

According to the polls on the o-forums, they should (will) be named:
    (top 5 names listed - some server types may not get 5 servers, naturally)

PvE
    Dagoth
    Zug
    Asura
    Xotli
    Dagon

PvP
    Fury
    Tyranny
    Bane
    Twilight
    Deathwhisper

RP-PvP
    Asgard
    Hyperborea

This should answer the goonserver questions.

edit: i vote asgard or bane

ze swift class on
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to go ahead and change my preference to US PvP since it seems thats where the majority interest is.

I also vote that we should play on Bane rather than Tyranny (goons) or Fury (the most popular server name). If the server name poll turns into reality, anyway.

We should probably pick a name or something for a guild. Someone creative that is, I got nothing.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We've already had a guild name for quite some time. The Sons of Krahulik. No idea if it will still be used, since the forums there get rarely used.

US - PvE Though I'll most likely follow the guild where ever.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Personally I'm a little weirded out by the idea of using Gabe's IRL name for a guild. IMHO it should be something from the comics. I always liked Kansas City Hotsteppers, which was the Guild Wars guild but I think it's defunct now.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Personally I'm a little weirded out by the idea of using Gabe's IRL name for a guild. IMHO it should be something from the comics. I always liked Kansas City Hotsteppers, which was the Guild Wars guild but I think it's defunct now.

I kinda agree with this. Quick, someone look through the comics and get ideas.

Also; KCHS 4eva.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I kinda agree with this. Quick, someone look through the comics and get ideas.

Also; KCHS 4eva.

I've spent the past 30 minutes browsing back and have thus concluded the following. The PAA has snatched up every god damn guild-able phrase ever uttered in a PA comic. It is a fact.

Okay, maybe not a fact. If by fact you mean....the truth.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll be playing on an American PvP server. I'm also willing to be a part of a PA-like guild.

No early access for me though.

I'm not too picky about a guild name as long as it relates to the game/setting/time period.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I was never wild about using Gabe's real name. Especially considering he has a son. Plus I don't think Lawinator is even playing in release.

So, guild name ideas.

Tiniest Court
    Deep Crows
    Librarymans
    Broodax Imperiate

zilo on
  • Options
    hockeymikehockeymike Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hockeymike on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Yeah, I was never wild about using Gabe's real name. Especially considering he has a son. Plus I don't think Lawinator is even playing in release.

So, guild name ideas.

Tiniest Court
    Deep Crows
    Librarymans
    Broodax Imperiate

I like librarymans. Something with sorcelators too, sorcelating stuff.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I kinda like the Broodax one.

Though on the Deep Crows one, there is also Stalagmen though that would need some modification... like...

Men of Stalag or something like that.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Marching Stalagmen

There's a whole wealth of crazy Sorcerlator vs Elemenstor stuff here:
    http://tsots.pbwiki.com/
    http://elothtes.pbwiki.com/

zilo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I like Deep Crows, just because any comic involving them is hilarious. I was thinking about the heavy handed RP naming restrictions that have been spoken about by the devs, I'd assume they'd apply to guild names as well. That's if we're going RP-PvP which remains to be seen.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I plan on checking this out, and I might as well do so with some PA people. If RP-PVP exists, I'll be rolling on one of those. American.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Broodax Imperiate FTW.

But let's just concentrate on getting us all rolled on the same server for the time being. We can figure out guild names and officers once we start hitting lvl 20. (as in, sometime Sunday)

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I will be there on saturday, american PVP

Kisna - American PVP

Aretè on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Vi Monks, American, PvP.

Early access is a definite. Now if only I could decide what class to play before then...

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Early Access server list:
    US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers

Set
    Dagoth
    Zug
    Omm
    Derketo
    Thog
    Wiccana
    Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
    Anu

PvP Servers

Tyranny
    Bane
    Deathwisper
    Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
    Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server

Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers

Crom
    Dagon
    Ymir
    Bori
    Astoreth

PvP Servers

Fury
    Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server

Aquilonia

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fyi, I think many of the larger guilds like Nihilum and such will flock to Fury.

Can't say I like the fact that there are only 2 EU pvp servers

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, looks like it's Aquilonia for me.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I really think we should make the US guild regular PvP to be inclusive to everybody. It seems like most of you guys aren't actually interested in roleplaying, and trust me, the maturity of the playerbase is not gonna change much no matter what servertype you choose. Also, the single RP-PvP server is going to be a clusterfuck.

Tyranny is the Goon's server(and also likely to be the most crowded) so that's out. Personally I like Bane. We really need to get this worked out before Early Access starts, I don't want to have to reroll.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What I've heard of RpPvP is that there are less asshats on the servers

but from what I know, that is because there are simply less people on the servers. I personally want an active and thriving server (without any "guidelines" as to how one should behave)

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg