Options

Age of Conan - Player Registration [Guilds/servers]

• Options
    ComraynComrayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I agree with Zek, Bane seems like a good choice.

On the subject of guild names: I'm a fan of Broodax Imperiate and Libratorr Society.

Comrayn on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, for the Europeans out there, my guild is probably going to roll on Furyl. Just so you know

fyi, if you don't have a guild PM me and I'll get you into a decent one

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildsoul for me, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wont be able to play much during the weekend because of other things.

American - PvP or RP PvP

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    ComraynComrayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hopefully server timezones will be known before Saturday. Personally I think a central server would be best to accommodate everyone.

Comrayn on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My guild will be on Aquilonia, we're up to a good 40+ now 8-)

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Already pre-ordered.

American/USA

As for server-type... I can really go for any of them... I'm most interested in guild progression. So whichever server will have the strongest playerbase working together, that's the one I'll want to be on

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    RageRage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rage - American PvP

Several others are joining me from work and WoW as well.

Rage on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For a guild name, I like the idea of Deep Crow. No plural though... because there is only one Deep Crow and we represent it.

Since I'm not getting early access, I'll be happy as long as y'all have settled on a server before Tuesday. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    dachishdachish Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »

You have room for another? =p

dachish on
    My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
    Eyes forever focused, on the sanguine, metal dawn.
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, everyone's scattered everywhere. I'm still sticking to Bane for US-PVP.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    if PvP and RP-PvP people went together they'd be around 25 man strong, which is a good start out number for any guild

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    People are scattered because there hasn't been a consensus yet, this is just a list of preferences. I think Bane is the way to go.

Zek on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, everyone's scattered everywhere. I'm still sticking to Bane for US-PVP.

I think the consensus seems to be Bane for regular PvP thus far (3 or 4 posts). Gotta remember half the people in this thread are playing Euro servers.

I was going to hold out for RP-PvP but since there's only one server available for it at EA, I'm abandoning that idea.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Do we know who's going to be running the guild, initially at least?

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well I know there's the Sons of Krahulik, which have been organizing long before this week. I don't know their official plans however. I don't know how keen they are to changing the name, since nobody in this thread was too excited about using Mike's actual last name in the guild title. That's just this thread though.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    dachish wrote: »
    Demiurge wrote: »

You have room for another? =p

Sure, our only recruitment policy prior to launch is no dickbags. We're mostly people from Earthen Ring (WoW RP server) so people are friendly and know each other, idiots will be weeded out later and recruitment tightened after launch.

You can pop in at our temporary forum here, we'll be moving to a permanent server over the weekend.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    Well I know there's the Sons of Krahulik, which have been organizing long before this week. I don't know their official plans however. I don't know how keen they are to changing the name, since nobody in this thread was too excited about using Mike's actual last name in the guild title. That's just this thread though.

I had no problem with the name Sons of Krahulik before I knew what it was, but now that I do know... it's kindof a hangup for me, yeah. I don't know if anyone would even know in-game, but it just seems weird to me.

Deep Crow

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Deep Crow doesn't sound like a guild name at all though. I prefer Broodax Imperiate.

Zek on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    American PvE crew- anyone opposed to rolling on Thog? We can settle on a guild name and who's going to run it once we get in and going. I assume there's some sort of private chat channel function like WoW has, we can start off with that and worry about the guild stuff once we have enough people high enough to form one (20? 30?).

zilo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fine by me, I just picked the name out of a hat. Plus a randomly generated character I played in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup worshiped Thog, so I took that as an omen. I really don't care. The more the merrier!

zilo on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    are the rp-pvp server people still set on going to cimmeria? i mean, i'm not sure how many asshats you weed out when you only have one rp-pvp option. that server will be packed.

as for pvp, bane is fine by me. the sons of krahulik hasn't had a new post in forever so it's safe to assume it's dead and i did not honestly know it was gabe's last name, which is pretty damn creepy.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I'm with the people who want to consolidate our forces, the more the better in the beginning it seems.

I have a question, those of you going RP-PVP, are you planning on actually... roleplaying? Or are you just going for the RP ruleset?

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    American PvE crew- anyone opposed to rolling on Thog? We can settle on a guild name and who's going to run it once we get in and going. I assume there's some sort of private chat channel function like WoW has, we can start off with that and worry about the guild stuff once we have enough people high enough to form one (20? 30?).

Honestly I don't really care what server it is, but I would like to try for the one which is not the most popular (and thus overcrowded). Hopefully you Early Access types will sort this out before those of us who have to wait until Tuesday get ourselves online. I'll definately bee keeping a watch on this thread.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I'm with the people who want to consolidate our forces, the more the better in the beginning it seems.

I have a question, those of you going RP-PVP, are you planning on actually... roleplaying? Or are you just going for the RP ruleset?

I was just going for the ruleset. I had a pretty good time on Ravehnholdt (RP-PVP, WoW) and it was nice not seeing stupid names and leet speak every 10 seconds.

I'm RP-PvP or regular PvP in the OP and will go wherever most people go. Right now that's looking like Bane.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I was just going for the ruleset. I had a pretty good time on Ravehnholdt (RP-PVP, WoW) and it was nice not seeing stupid names and leet speak every 10 seconds.

I'm RP-PvP or regular PvP in the OP and will go wherever most people go. Right now that's looking like Bane.

That I can get behind, I'll be in the same boat as you then. I'm fine with whichever has the stronger base of players. After thinking about it, I think I want a PvP server. I really enjoy PvE, I just feel that on a pure PvE server that I'm missing out on something, or that I'm not getting the intended game.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    BungletongueBungletongue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sure, PvE would make it easier to level but what about months down the road? I'm not sure about Funcom's server transfer policy but if it's anything like Blizzard's there will be no PvE -> PvP transfers. PvP will take longer but in the grand scheme of things it leaves more options open.

Bungletongue on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Preliminary Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Roleplaying Server Rules

All names must fit within the universe of Hyboria. Sephiroths or Pikachus or names that are out of place with the setting are not permitted. This is in addition to our usual naming policy (for example, no copyrighted names).

No names (or obviously similar names) may be those used in the works of Robert E. Howard. Conan, Kohnan, Konan, Kohnan are all examples of names that are forbidden under this policy.

Please avoid Out of Character (OOC) chat as much as possible in the public channels. You are welcome to discuss whatever you like in your guild channels or in private messages. Examples of Out of Character chat include sports events, the weather, what you had for lunch, internet memes, catchphrases, and so on.

Please respect roleplayers. We recognize that not everyone is willing or able to maintain a persona at all times, and we welcome you to enjoy the atmosphere. However, please do not insult or harass the people in character, call them silly, or otherwise try to ruin their immersion.

Harassment and other behaviors covered in the rules of conduct are still covered on roleplaying servers. “I’m just roleplaying a homicidal maniac” is not an excuse for harassing, griefing, etc., other players. This extends to racism/nationalism as well. Roleplaying someone that hates Stygians/Aquilonians/Cimmerians is perfectly alright, however, real world racism is not acceptable.

Player-run events, guild meetings, and other roleplaying sessions may be present at anytime. Please do not interfere or harass players that are in character or running an event. We encourage you to join in and have a good time, but disrupting a wedding, guild meeting, etc. for non-roleplaying reasons may be cause for punishment.

Please keep in mind this is a mature setting for an M-rated game and the roleplay setting and environment may not be suitable for all players and temperaments. Likewise, while this is an M-rated game, please keep in mind that even in Hyboria, there are standards of conduct. Please keep overt and detailed adult conduct and chat in private channels.

In addition to the official rules provided by Funcom, the roleplaying community may have its own rules and customs. We encourage you to observe these as much as possible on your server of choice.

RP server rulesets released

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sounds reasonable. I just wish they enforce the rules a little more harshly than Blizzard does, which is not at all.

reVerse on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hmm, I kind of want to do a RP-PVP server now just so I don't have to see stupid shit in OOC chat.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    the chat window never bothered me. I'm always in the guildchat anyway so I usually wont see the stupidity

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The thing I like about PvE servers is that you have to opt into PvP. I want my PvP to be for battlekeeps and whatnot, not because some level 80 is having a bad day and misery loves company.

I figure it'll be like WoW where PvE servers have active PvP, just not the crazy grief and harrassment out in the world.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The thing I like about PvE servers is that you have to opt into PvP. I want my PvP to be for battlekeeps and whatnot, not because some level 80 is having a bad day and misery loves company.

I figure it'll be like WoW where PvE servers have active PvP, just not the crazy grief and harrassment out in the world.

Double edged sword.

I played WoW from the beginning and loved world pvp... but to my guild and my friends world PvP was giant wars in front of BRD or things like that... I really can't remember running around getting ganked or ganking to any extreme extent. But I did enjoy the added danger of other players that could attack you and the fun that could come out of it.

Now, that being said... once I went back and leveled some alts... I would just get obliterated by some lvl 60/70 running around 1 shotting lowbies b/c he was bored or whatever. And, at those moments I would definitely have preferred to be on a PvE server.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »

This.

I thought I'd go for PvP in WoW, figured it was in the spirit of things and whatnot. It's a nice idea until the fucking Alliance rapes every goddamn raid you try to send into MC because they outnumber you 4:1 on the server.

Throw in motherfuckers getting early access on the PvP servers, and no thank you. I do not want to be the first wave of lambs to the slaughter on Tuesday.

There are a limited number of servers available for EA, and you will in now way be forced to roll on them come Tuesday.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So the Goons are going to be playing on either Doomsayer or Deathwhisper, and Tyranny will probably be hugely overpopulated. Is everybody alright with Bane?

We really need somebody to step up and organize the US PvP guild. Doesn't have to be permanent, just start the guild and keep things afloat at least until the community stabilizes.

Also, a guild name. Broodax Imperiate imho.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    So the Goons are going to be playing on either Doomsayer or Deathwhisper, and Tyranny will probably be hugely overpopulated. Is everybody alright with Bane?

We really need somebody to step up and organize the US PvP guild. Doesn't have to be permanent, just start the guild and keep things afloat at least until the community stabilizes.

I haven't heard a lick out of the Sons of Krahulik people concerning their guild this past week, but they're the most logical choice. TheLawinator made a website for them and a forum, there's no reason for that to go to waste. If they're not up to changing the guild name (and the domain name I suppose, not a huge deal though) then somebody else needs to come in.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i have early access and can probably be on early on saturday after i get home from work, so unless someone else really wants to do it, i can do my best to set it up.

i also vote for broodax imperiate.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Zek wrote: »

I haven't heard a lick out of the Sons of Krahulik people concerning their guild this past week, but they're the most logical choice. TheLawinator made a website for them and a forum, there's no reason for that to go to waste. If they're not up to changing the guild name (and the domain name I suppose, not a huge deal though) then somebody else needs to come in.

sons of krahulik is pretty much non existant.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also remember that a guild can't even be made until someone gets to level 20, so the most important thing right now is that everybody rolls on the same server.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Being familiar with the closed beta, I know I could get a character to 20 in one day and start the guild, but I have 12 hour work days until early access is over. First day off will be tuesday.

I will be rolling on US PvP Bane though.

Also, another vote for Broodax.

AlwaysAngryGuy on