Options

Age of Conan - Player Registration [Guilds/servers]

• Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm still fond of Sons of Krahulik myself, though it seemed when I brought it up previously in this thread not many people seemed to like the idea. I think most of the SoK people are still only posting in the other AoC thread.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    HeirobrukenHeirobruken Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    So US servers are

PvE : Thog
    PvP : Bane
    RP-Pvp : Cimmeria

Is this a conclusive list, or w/e?

Heirobruken on
    My enemies are leaves of trees whose roots I cannot see.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think we should try and get the PVP/RP-PVP groups condensed for this on the US side.

I dont see a problem with either choice personally. PVP will be a blast, and the RP-PVP server just seems like it will severely lessen the dipshit quotient of the typical PVP server.

I dont see why we couldnt all just do one of the RP-PVP servers instead of Standard PVP (Though I will go with whichever the majority is on this one... I cant stand not having a decent sized group to play on an MMO with).

Right now the US count in the first post:
    12 - PVP
    7 - RP-PVP
    7 - PVP or RP-PVP
    10 - PVE

If we combined all the PVP we'd have a 26 man guild out of the gate, which is pretty respectable.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If all the pvp people want to roll one the same rp-pvp server, I'll be down for that. If not, I think I might just roll pve.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i am down for whatever.

rp-pvp was my first choice. i'm also bringing 3 other people in with me to whatever server we decide on.

alwaysmeguy, you can be in charge of setting up the guild then, because i honestly don't know how much i will be on monday and tuesday. monday is double time all day and tuesday is double time and a half all day, so i will more then likely work until i pass out both days.

Angry on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PvE guys, I won't be on a ton during the week (closing in on a milestone at work) but I can set up some forums or something once the guild gets going. It won't be much but it's better than nothing.

Or we can make a thread here and mooch for awhile.

zilo on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really really don't want to play in a guild called Sons of Krahulik. How would you feel if you ran a website and some creeps on your forums started a guild using your last name? I don't know about Gabe, but I would go on there and tell them to cut that shit out.

And I agree that we should have just one PvP guild, but I think it should be on a regular PvP server. First of all that's the majority in the OP, and besides I don't think it makes any sense to force people who have no interest in roleplaying onto the RP-PvP server because some people are guessing it'll be more mature. There are going to be asshats on any MMO server, and if you think you're not going to get ganked because of the roleplaying rules you've got another thing coming.

Zek on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    I really really don't want to play in a guild called Sons of Krahulik. How would you feel if you ran a website and some creeps on your forums started a guild using your last name? I don't know about Gabe, but I would go on there and tell them to cut that shit out.

And I agree that we should have just one PvP guild, but I think it should be on a regular PvP server. First of all that's the majority in the OP, and besides I don't think it makes any sense to force people who have no interest in roleplaying onto the RP-PvP server because some people are guessing it'll be more mature. There are going to be asshats on any MMO server, and if you think you're not going to get ganked because of the roleplaying rules you've got another thing coming.

We already asked Gabe. He gave us the thumbs up.

edit- Hm not top page material. I have pre-ordered. Put me down for an American PVP server.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Broodax Imperiate seems to be getting the best response namewise of the bunch (and it at least sounds like it could be something in the game world.).

Like I said though, Bane or Cimmeria... whichever has the most response Ill go to.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just want to re clarify, my vote for RP pvp has been changed to PVP. I think the amount of people we'd lose if we rolled RP would be greater then if we rolled just plain PVP. Also, we really need someone to step up and take this guild by the reins, as I'm pretty sure Lawinator is not even going to play at launch if at all now, so don't expect him to show up and create one.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I was going to suggest that Lawinator do it but yeah it does seem like he's not around anymore. Well, I'll start the guild if nobody else is up for it. As for a forum, I don't have any hosting but I can start up a temporary freebie one tomorrow. If it's me we'll be calling it Broodax Imperiate though :P

Zek on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Broodax, and Bane is fine for me. I hope you euro guys are setting up too.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    EriicEriic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Word on the street is that a lot of hardcore people from Shadowbane and UO are rolling on Bane, so the pvp competition should be really nice. A bunch of people from my WoW server are rolling there as well, so Bane definitely has my vote. :o

Eriic on
    ^gerber rep ◕ ◡ ◕ nerdy.us | last.fm | XBL: e5x
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So have you guys come to an agreement? I'd like to post an update to the first page if you have.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ok, my guild will settle on the Fury server

We're a large guild and we plan to make an impact on the world. Europeans should join the same server and become our allies/apply for membership via PM to me. Do this today at the latest because I can't guarantee anything after today

So yeah, ALL PVP INTERESTED EUROS; MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS ON FURY COME RELEASE DAY, so we have a united PA front on one server.

k?

k.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RP-PVP with a yet unnamed guild (same group I've played with since Ultima Online)

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I suppose then I will switch over to PvP on Bane and hook into Broodax Imperiate. I do have a full-time job, so building web pages and stuff is not in the cards, but I'd be down to do sorta officer duties. (scouring the realm for non-idiot recruits, etc.)

As an aside, the whole idea that trade and general channels should be done in character is kinda silly to me. If I'm a guardian character, exactly what device am I using to project my voice into the heads of everyone in every capitol city? "I be lookin' to buy a new beatstick. Connect with me telepathically if you've got an extra." See what I mean? General and trade channels make no sense from a role playing standpoint, so why enforce in-character talk there? Seems like the only meaningful place for it is in /say.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Alright then, let's get this started.

Broodax Imperiate
    US PvP
    Bane

Temporary forums: http://broodax.freeforums.org/

Go make an account if you're going to be playing.

Zek on
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Do we know what the goons are doing yet so we can server dodge them?

Seeing as Bane is by far the coolest US PvP realm name, I so suspect they will go there. It may be a better idea to choose the second coolest named server (Tyranny) or even the third (Doomsayer).

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »

Seeing as Bane is by far the coolest US PvP realm name, I so suspect they will go there. It may be a better idea to choose the second coolest named server (Tyranny) or even the third (Doomsayer).
    If you look back on page five, you'll see the goons voted for Tyranny. Someone might want to do a little espionage on their forums again to make sure that's still true. I don't know where to find them.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So how many of the RP-PvP people are willing to roll on Bane?

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Defunker wrote: »
    So how many of the RP-PvP people are willing to roll on Bane?

I'm fine with whatever server, as long as everyone can agree on one.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Broodax Imperiate
    US PvP
    Bane

I'm still saying it might be better to go RP-PvP. It's not like you have to RP, and it'll keep some of then assholes out.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    meatflower wrote: »
    There are a limited number of servers available for EA, and you will in now way be forced to roll on them come Tuesday.
    And while that's great, it defeats the purpose of deciding which US PvP server we'll roll on.

I'm not suggesting others don't play on the PvP. I'm just stating that, because of past experiences, it's unlikely that I will.

I'm going to be on a PVP server, Jdark.

I hope to see you there.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Broodax Imperiate
    US PvP
    Bane

Awesome. I have registered on the forums.

Something happened to my sig...

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Broodax Imperiate
    US PvP
    Bane

I registered and posted. Yay.

Geod on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Ok, my guild will settle on the Fury server

We're a large guild and we plan to make an impact on the world. Europeans should join the same server and become our allies/apply for membership via PM to me. Do this today at the latest because I can't guarantee anything after today

So yeah, ALL PVP INTERESTED EUROS; MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS ON FURY COME RELEASE DAY, so we have a united PA front on one server.

k?

k.

On Fury I shall roll then.

gazamc on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    CripTonic wrote: »

If you look back on page five, you'll see the goons voted for Tyranny. Someone might want to do a little espionage on their forums again to make sure that's still true. I don't know where to find them.

Here's an update from SA's thread:

There is a pretty heated poll going on between Deathwisper and Doomsayer. Some people want Deathwisper because that is where a lot of the big WoW guilds are going and should be pretty intense as far as PVP goes. The downside to that is that it is probably going to be the most heavily populated server and that might lead to bad things. On the other hand Doomsayer has a fair about of big guilds on it and is expected to have a bit smaller pop.

Right now we are at

Deathwisper 187
    Doomsayer 172

I really should have just joined the goonheim forums to see. But ehh, too much effort.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sounds like Bane is in the clear then. I don't have a huge problem with the Goons, but that's because I played EVE for a little while and they were our allies.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sounds like Bane is in the clear then. I don't have a huge problem with the Goons, but that's because I played EVE for a little while and they were our allies.

Would it be worth trying to throw our lot in with them and allying? They do seem to get shit done... :/ And a game like this, it seems like the more the better for keeps and guild cities etc...

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Would it be worth trying to throw our lot in with them and allying? They do seem to get shit done... :/ And a game like this, it seems like the more the better for keeps and guild cities etc...

Don't know how receptive they'd be to that unless some people in their leadership were from Goonsquad and vouched for us. I'm not the authority on this but I think our alliance with them from EVE was born more out of convenience then a willingness to cooperate. The bad part is that if you're NOT in their guild or allied with them then it's probably going to be fucking hell.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    eve is a game where they needed to build alliances.

i do not think aoc is.

Angry on
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good points, and in AoC... it's just your guild, no reason to ally with another guild since there is a limited amount of land for keeps/cities.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Darklite - Dark Templar
    Bane - PvP Server

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'll put Bane as the designated PA pvp server of choice

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I'll put Bane as the designated PA pvp server of choice

Bane it is.

Hey, cool, B:L! Didn't know you were playing AoC.

I might have an alt on the PvP server, but if it's anything like SB or WoW wound up being, I'd regret having my main there.

Gotta go PvP to get the Conan feel.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    chrpnk wrote: »

Broodax Imperiate
    US PvP
    Bane

I'm still saying it might be better to go RP-PvP. It's not like you have to RP, and it'll keep some of then assholes out.

I still like the idea of RP-PvP, its an RPG games after all. Like you said not everyone have to RP, at least in RP-PVP server there wont' be any stupid name running around. That alone make the RP server worth it.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good points, and in AoC... it's just your guild, no reason to ally with another guild since there is a limited amount of land for keeps/cities.
    Well... things were the same in Shadowbane. And you still wound up having smaller groups allying to bigger, more powerful ones.

It couldn't hurt to ask. From what I understand, WANG was useful to the Goonswarm. If there's any sort of system that encourages co-operation...

Edit:
    B:L wrote: »
    There are a limited number of servers available for EA, and you will in now way be forced to roll on them come Tuesday.
    And while that's great, it defeats the purpose of deciding which US PvP server we'll roll on.

I'm not suggesting others don't play on the PvP. I'm just stating that, because of past experiences, it's unlikely that I will.
    I'm going to be on a PVP server, Jdark.

I hope to see you there.
    Hey, cool, B:L! Didn't know you were playing AoC.

I might have an alt on the PvP server, but if it's anything like SB or WoW wound up being, I'd regret having my main there.

Oh come on, you know deep in your heart you wanna PVP. Just pick a class that wont suck at it come launch ;D

Im getting this. And I support our PVP bretheren. I would have liked to RP but I am all for this broodax shit.

Kai_San - US PVP
    (aka klineshrike, god I wish I could change my username >_< )
    I might not be around on launch day but I should be close to it.

I expect a shitton of PVP and some organized shit. If its not ogranized I will organize it.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The main reason I was saying go for rp-pvp is so we could get all of the pvp players together, and have a bunch of people to start off with at launch.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would only want to go RP PVP if it was going to be for RP. I can only RP if everyone is interested.

Listen to Zek - the RP PVP thing to avoid douches won't work. Its prolly going to be a lot of actual RPers since they have no PVE option, some douches hoping to rape said RPers, and a few people like you thinking you can avoid said douches.

The only thing helping your cause if they will prolly be a bit lower population so less density of ganking, but with so few of the servers this might not be the case either.

Kai_San on