Options

Age of Conan - Player Registration [Guilds/servers]

• Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I would only want to go RP PVP if it was going to be for RP. I can only RP if everyone is interested.

Listen to Zek - the RP PVP thing to avoid douches won't work. Its prolly going to be a lot of actual RPers since they have no PVE option, some douches hoping to rape said RPers, and a few people like you thinking you can avoid said douches.

The only thing helping your cause if they will prolly be a bit lower population so less density of ganking, but with so few of the servers this might not be the case either.

I was just thinking of a solution to have the most people together for launch. I could give a shit either way. At least something is getting going now.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would only want to go RP PVP if it was going to be for RP. I can only RP if everyone is interested.

Listen to Zek - the RP PVP thing to avoid douches won't work. Its prolly going to be a lot of actual RPers since they have no PVE option, some douches hoping to rape said RPers, and a few people like you thinking you can avoid said douches.

The only thing helping your cause if they will prolly be a bit lower population so less density of ganking, but with so few of the servers this might not be the case either.

This is exactly the way it is with WoW RP-PvP servers, and they are horrible (mostly).

Endomatic on
  • Options
    ComraynComrayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you read the official PvP forum (called Border Kingdoms) you'll see a lot of retards shit talking about how all the good players are going to Bane and just generally being dip shits about it. Apparently a lot of guilds from WoW, SWG, and Shadowbane are going to Bane.

Comrayn on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Comrayn wrote: »
    If you read the official PvP forum (called Border Kingdoms) you'll see a lot of retards shit talking about how all the good players are going to Bane and just generally being dip shits about it. Apparently a lot of guilds from WoW, SWG, and Shadowbane are going to Bane.

A lot of guilds on the AoC forums look like they are going to Bane.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »
    Do we know what the goons are doing yet so we can server dodge them?

Seeing as Bane is by far the coolest US PvP realm name, I so suspect they will go there. It may be a better idea to choose the second coolest named server (Tyranny) or even the third (Doomsayer).

Goons are playing on Deathwhisper. And Tyranny was by far the most popular name on the server poll.

Zek on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Unless there are any objections and for lack of anyone else wanting to step up, let's set Thog as the server of choice for the American PvE crew. Guid name TBD since Broodax Imperiate was taken :P

Something to do with Deep Crows or the Fangspire would be fun.

zilo on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    chrpnk wrote: »

And some people say a lot of people are going to Deathsayer, or whatever. The point is that those forums are shit, and are probably less than 10% of all the people who are going to be playing come launch day. I'd take anything you read there (unless it's from a dev) with a massive grain of salt.

Only thing we really do know is where Goonsquad..er..Goonheim is going. And that's not Bane.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    chrpnk wrote: »

And some people say a lot of people are going to Deathsayer, or whatever. The point is that those forums are shit, and are probably less than 10% of all the people who are going to be playing come launch day. I'd take anything you read there (unless it's from a dev) with a massive grain of salt.

Only thing we really do know is where Goonsquad..er..Goonheim is going. And that's not Bane.

I should have been specific. Reading other AoC forums, it looks like a lot of guilds are going to Bane. Which is awesome, because that means the server won't be a barren wasteland like all of the Tabula Rasa servers are.

Also, the patch servers are up if anyone hasn't updated yet today.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll most likely decide where I am going come tuesday when the came officially releases. At this point I figure I'll just end up going the direction that the most people go, so that I can be in a guild that actually has someone on more then once a blue moon.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »

This is exactly the way it is with WoW RP-PvP servers, and they are horrible (mostly).

Thats pretty much where my perception came from.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I assume when this comes out, I can just send a tell in game and get a PA invite, right?

Anyways, I'll be willing to settle for a normal PvP realm, I like PvP. I just hate out of place names that clash with game settings.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    RubberDuckRubberDuck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd like to sign up for the EU PA guild on Fury.

Have you EU guys got early access?

RubberDuck on
    Villepin - 75 Mage - Azuremyst
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RubberDuck wrote: »
    I'd like to sign up for the EU PA guild on Fury.

Have you EU guys got early access?

The guild on Fury is not a "PA" guild, as we didn't have enough Euros signing up to make a guild. I might be able to get you into the guild anyway, but nothing is entirely certain.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For the record, I'm still rolling on Wildsoul. My brother and I agreed on this a while back and I prefer to play where he is playing also. I don't expect anyone else to roll Wildsoul, just saying so that you don't expect me to be on Fury.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A massive russian community is going to descend on wildsoul

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I had heard about that. So far we're still not deterred though (If we are, I'll make a post), we'll see how it works out. I've not played with large russian communities before (I don't think the one russian in our wow guild counts as a "community") though I have played with a pretty large spanish community on the server, for the most part, that was perfectly fine.

Besides, I'm dutch, I fully expect to be mostly annoyed by my own countrymen running around with stupid names and the like.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    add me to the op zzulu gosh darnit.

Its bright and green up there :O

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    your will be done

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    dachishdachish Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's time, where are American PvE going?! =)
    Add my to the list please, you missed me! Dachish, America PVE
    COme oooooon Zug server

dachish on
    My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
    Eyes forever focused, on the sanguine, metal dawn.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    dachish wrote: »
    It's time, where are American PvE going?! =)
    Add my to the list please, you missed me! Dachish, America PVE

Checkout the OP of the main thread, bottom part. Thog is the server.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    dachishdachish Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ah Thog it is.

Must have been updated after I checked last. =)
    Or maybe I'm blind!
    THanks

dachish on
    My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
    Eyes forever focused, on the sanguine, metal dawn.
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Edit - Wrong AoC thread

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    DudBolt wrote: »
    ok, I'm really retarded when it comes to time and times zones, what time will it be in Central if its 5GMT?

12 noon

And this is also in the main threads OP. :P

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DudBolt wrote: »
    ok, I'm really retarded when it comes to time and times zones, what time will it be in Central if its 5GMT?

12 noon

And this is also in the main threads OP. :P

Hah, after all this searching I see the time on the servers. I feel like a lesser man now.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also it's now gonna be 3PM for you. Damned delays.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    LurkbotLurkbot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Don't post too often (thus the name) but I'll be rolling on Thog with some friends. Anyone we should talk to in particular about guilding up or at least getting some adventuring cohorts?

Lurkbot on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I really hate to sound like a broken record, but it's in the main thread's OP. Talk to Zilo.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The OP still has me for RPPVP, but i have since switched to PVP on Baneeeee.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    hockeymikehockeymike Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=4

Bane is now under the Culture PvP ruleset, not the FFA PvP ruleset. This is irritating, and I suggest we roll on Tyranny instead of Bane now.

hockeymike on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    what is a culture pvp ruleset?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Culture PVP, wtf is that?

FFA or bust.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    As part of celebrating the release of Age of Conan we are happy to unravel a brand new PvP ruleset that has not previously been disclosed: The Culture PvP ruleset! Note that this new PvP server type is experimental and players on these servers must expect an ongoing change to the ruleset.

The goal of this PvP server-type is to stimulate war behind the three cultures of Cimmeria, Aquilonia and Stygia. As a player on a Culture PvP server, you are shielded from lone travelers of your own culture, however you may still group with any culture and form a group and attack anyone.

The Culture PvP ruleset is an evolving ruleset that will be tweaked and polished based on player-feedback in the months to come. Although it is, at least currently, possible to make guilds across cultures, pure culture groups and guilds will be endorsed on this server, and as such players on the Culture PvP servers must prepare that the future will hold continued changes to the ruleset.

We have changed to ruleset on two servers that were previously flagged as full PvP. The homes for the Culture PvP servers are:

Bane (US)
    Twilight (EU)

With best regards,

Funcom

That is the culture PvP ruleset. And it really doesnt' affect anything now that I think about it, but it's still annoying.

hockeymike on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hahaha... Wow. That sucks.

edit: anymore votes on tyranny?

ze swift class on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    That's like the dumbest ruleset.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rolling on the Goon server is absolutely out of the question, you should totally know better then that. :P

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    hockeymike wrote: »
    As part of celebrating the release of Age of Conan we are happy to unravel a brand new PvP ruleset that has not previously been disclosed: The Culture PvP ruleset! Note that this new PvP server type is experimental and players on these servers must expect an ongoing change to the ruleset.

The goal of this PvP server-type is to stimulate war behind the three cultures of Cimmeria, Aquilonia and Stygia. As a player on a Culture PvP server, you are shielded from lone travelers of your own culture, however you may still group with any culture and form a group and attack anyone.

The Culture PvP ruleset is an evolving ruleset that will be tweaked and polished based on player-feedback in the months to come. Although it is, at least currently, possible to make guilds across cultures, pure culture groups and guilds will be endorsed on this server, and as such players on the Culture PvP servers must prepare that the future will hold continued changes to the ruleset.

We have changed to ruleset on two servers that were previously flagged as full PvP. The homes for the Culture PvP servers are:

Bane (US)
    Twilight (EU)

With best regards,

Funcom

That is the culture PvP ruleset. And it really doesnt' affect anything now that I think about it, but it's still annoying.

It does, since it was FFA before. I find it odd that you can still group with other races, and then kill your own race or their race. Kind of strange.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sucks to be you americanos

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hockeymike wrote: »

Bane (US)
    Twilight (EU)

With best regards,

Funcom

It does, since it was FFA before. I find it odd that you can still group with other races, and then kill your own race or their race. Kind of strange.

1 thing for sure I am not rolling a character in an "experimental server", oh well.... time to decide another server

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Rolling on the Goon server is absolutely out of the question, you should totally know better then that. :P

Tyranny is not the goonserver, they were going Doomsayer or Deathwhisper. Unless someone has updated intel, it's probably not Tyranny.

edit: It's Deathwhisper.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Funcom just posted that they're bringing up one more FFA PvP server, called stormrage

I think we should roll there

hockeymike on