Options

[CoH]Morgy's obnoxious idea ... Part I!

RooserRooser Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
*This is Morgy BTW*

Part I is to see if anybody else is interested. This might be something Amoyra and I do anyway, but we agreed that it would be much more hilarious if we had a full team of people doing it.

The ultimate goal is to annoy people in PvP, but obv obv Penny Arcade super teams are all about the PvE at theend of the day, so - yeah. Basically here's the idea:

Psionic/Energy Manipulation Blasters
Perma Boost Range
En Masse

While putzing around with my blapper in Siren's Call I kept wishing I had longer range, (My good attacks, of course, being melee range. So how would the longest range work?

Imagine if you will, a squadron of blasters, hovering in a large formation across warburg, inconspicuous due to location and stealth procs, sniping whoever they see at a range of about 370 yards, (roughly 4.5 times longer range than most ranged attacks and about 3 times longer than most snipes).

And let's not forget the potential of Will Domination and/or Scramble Thoughts to incapacitate squishies ... at long range. Things could get, well, interesting.

I invite all to voice concerns/interest. My concerns are that the groups would not be particualrly effective in PvE, (though not ineffective), so if this turned into a group thing, we might allow other secondaries - the point is to abuse the already longer ranges on psionic blasts, and 35 levels is kinda long to wait for what amounts to a gimmick.

On the other hand, this idea wouldn't need a LOT of interest. Even just four invisible hovering psi/en blasters could have their occasional fun in PvP.

Amoyra and I also would like to theme this group, but I think we need to find interest first.

Thoughteries?

AKA Morgy on Virtue
Rooser on

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You are everything I hate.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rooser wrote: »
    Thoughteries?

I can dig it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You are a vile person.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Obviously for all the crying about how hax psi/ blasters will be, the world at large deserves it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Vile.

Accualt on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Psi blast for blasters only have an 80 ft. range like all other blaster primaries.

Lep on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aren't they boosting their range though?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think he was working under the assumption that psi blast had the same range as the defender version though.

Lep on
  • Options
    RooserRooser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was.

So ... Idea killed, that is unless people really just want to take all their */en blasters, (because we all have one), blend them with our vet respecs, and just make a "team Boost Range" for shitsz in PvP. Cuz that could be funny too.

But basically this thread does not need to exist anymore.

Rooser on
    AKA Morgy on Virtue
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why are you denying this

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wasn't boost range nerfed so that it couldn't be overlapped?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why would you go through all that trouble when you could just make a Fire blaster and kill something in 10 seconds?

Pb on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A group of Fire/Eng Blasters and defenders or controllers with empathy would decimate everything. I think he just wants to be more of a nuisance than a man slayer.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Macro9 wrote: »
    A group of Fire/Eng Blasters and defenders or controllers would decimate everything. I think he just wants to be more of a nuisance than a man slayer.

This quote makes me hopeful for fun in pvp when I hit 50.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    How well does Tornado work on people in PVP, cause if you had a couple of defenders throwing that around, that would suck.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I actually edited my post. I forgot originally to add the whole "with empathy" thing.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png