As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

International phone cards

Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I bought a pair of 5$ phone cards to call a friend of mine in Rio in Brazil, and today I called the access number, then entered the card's PIN, then the incredibly long number (international code 011, country code, city code, then the number itself), but all I got was weird noises, not even a ring. I tried it twice and no success. Is this because I'm using a cell phone? The card has a specific rate for cell phone so I'm not sure that's it. Anyone have any idea what gives?

Evil Multifarious on

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What number are you putting in as the phone number? Or just the beginning part. I find the system kind of misleading. I'll give you an example of how I call my wife internationally. I call the calling card number, put in my pin, then dial: 011-86-(her domestic phone number in China).

Edit: Also the ringing sound is different in different countries.

Cauld on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The number I dial is 011-55(brazil)-21(rio) and then her domestic eight digit cell number. She's called Brazil before, so she knows how to do it, and she told me the process, so as far as I know I'm doing it right.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It looks to me like you're doing it right also. Maybe call your phone cards help number and ask them. :?:

Cauld on