[Game On]Trickster Online: Light Furry Overtones [56K Beware]

2»

• Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    And now I remember why I quit playing.

Load the patcher, wait 10 minutes. Click. Wait 10 minutes for it to load. Click, put the login info in. Click.

Get to the server select screen and select the server. Click. Wait 10 minutes for it to give me the ever-vague "Disconnected due to abnormal connection." Force it to close because the damned thing hangs, then wait for Gameguard to slither its way out of memory. Try again.

Nice game, but I can't really spend the first half hour I play logging in. I managed to log in earlier and found some freebie cash shop stuff waiting for me (I last logged in in late 2007), but that's as much as I've been able to do with all the disconnects.

I have read that some forms of Gameguard won't play well with Vista. Geuss I will stay away from this game then.

works fine for me...except there is no sound.

Except, if i turn on WMP and start a song and THEN start trickster...the sound works if I do that. They said it is a known issue though and they are working on it.

snap on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, the US team for Trickster actually does their job. They have done a LOT of stuff to improve the game since release :)

zanmatto on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, how do I open a shop so people can buy my useless junk for absurd amounts of money and I can actually move at a decent speed again?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Right click on your character ingame

and select Private Shop

:)

zanmatto on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I appear to have 5000 shop points, 5 passports and 1 manual in the shop inventory. What the heck? I can't even check what they are.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The manuals are inconsequential.

Passports to where?

And shop points are like MS points in Maplestory.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It just says Old Passport, no info for the items.
    Never played Maple Story. Are they actual spendable item mall points or are they like "haha, just kidding, hand over your credit card details if you want items"?

Also, can I assume Form items are just appearance items with no stats?

Glal on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Form items let you make an ugly but awesome item both awesome and awesome-looking.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ...details. :(

Glal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty sure you fuse a normal item with a form item to make an item that looks like the form, but hits like the normal.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Interesting. So what's the point of having a more expensive form item for higher level items that looks exactly the same?

Glal on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't think the stats of the item matter, as long as they're the same type you can pretty much make anything look like any other piece of eq you have

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Uhh, perhaps the form only works for it's level range? I dont really know :/

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    More adventures in Engrish:
    screenshot0008yj1.jpg

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The fuck... I think it means that its a medium level compounding ingredient :/ the hell does the rest of that mean

In other news, I'm on right now. FRIEND FLONAZE YOU MEANIES

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So I'm 88% from job change. How hard is that monster who drops the thing to kill?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So I'm 88% from job change. How hard is that monster who drops the thing to kill?

not nearly as hard as all the other crap running around that cave, I'd say if you can get to one without the smaller stuff swarming and killing you, you won't have too much trouble with kaboom

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If it's the cave by the mermaid, I can handle all the stuff there long enough to kill one monster. I could do that at 40. At 50 I have about 70 def in 50+ gear I can wear. :D

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ugh, this job change thing is so much bullshit.

The Kaboom was nearly dead, then it had full HP, then I was stuck and couldn't run around to heal.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ugh, this job change thing is so much bullshit.

The Kaboom was nearly dead, then it had full HP, then I was stuck and couldn't run around to heal.

are you still online? I'll come and help kill em till they drop your badge all quick like

edit: well my computer crashed, at least you got your badge, that random newb I picked up is SoL I'm afraid

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Whoo.

screenshot0011.jpg

Thanks for the help. :P

MKR on