As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Huntering: The Thread

• Options
    KinetiKKinetiK Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    My current gear is about half blues and half greens and I have 860 AP self buffed at lvl 56. I have 2 pieces of black dragonscale, DHC, 2xDawn's Edge (2x15 agil enchants) and the usual 'of the monkey' stuff or 'of agility' crap. I don't expect to raid with this toon, just pvp and instancing for better equipment and fun.

KinetiK on
    Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Moridin wrote:
    At least the hell levels in WoW don't actually require a greater number of experience points to get through like they did in EQ.

That's how we kept the shit-eating kids out.

Shogun on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    So i've got this awesome 24 inch widscreen monitor.

I'm looking at custom UI's, preferably minimalist type that I can use.

Do any of you guys/gals use a custom UI, and if so, how about a screenie or a list of mods you use? I recall thier being one that used Aspects like the paladin aura bar (but I forget what it's called). Also, isn't there one for Tracking as well?

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2006
    Lightning Reflexes ftw. I couldn't live without that extra 15% AGI.

I can push 700 agility with buffs. :^:

Echo on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Gnomer can eat a dick. Triprunner Dungarees will last you forever, but that's your consolation for going through such a shitty instance.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    3lwap0 wrote:

Do any of you guys/gals use a custom UI, and if so, how about a screenie or a list of mods you use? I recall thier being one that used Aspects like the paladin aura bar (but I forget what it's called). Also, isn't there one for Tracking as well?
    Check the first page of this thread? Plenty of UI links.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    3lwap0 wrote:

Check the first page of this thread? Plenty of UI links.

Well i'll be dipped in shit.

ty

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    For reals. 50-60 was almost as fast as 10-20 for me.
    It's 40-50 that is a complete and utter drag.

This is where I am with my hunter. I think part of it is that I am on a PVP server... so Tanaris is just really really hostile. Horde is dominant on this server so I am OK in that regards but out in the fields... if I even touch a wastewander its as if an alliance character is notified and teleported to me.

On the other hand in Badlands its totally the opposite, while its still contested territory, the horde bias kinda makes it feel like you are the real hunter, rather than the hunted.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Echo wrote:
    Lightning Reflexes ftw. I couldn't live without that extra 15% AGI.

I can push 700 agility with buffs. :^:

Wow. :shock:

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, so, from the other hunters on my server I heard that I should be respeccing out of Beastmastery pretty soon (I'm 46) and I'm wondering, firstly, if that's the right thing to do, and secondly, if it is, what to respec to.

Take into account that I *only* solo grind and occaisionly quest on this fella.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    If you intend to do any 20-40 man raiding, yeah, I would. If you're going to keep it at Tier 0 kinda stuff, then I'd stay BM.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    So, for levelling stick with the BM?

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Stay with BM until 60, it'll be fine for 5-mans.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, so, from the other hunters on my server I heard that I should be respeccing out of Beastmastery pretty soon (I'm 46) and I'm wondering, firstly, if that's the right thing to do, and secondly, if it is, what to respec to.

Take into account that I *only* solo grind and occaisionly quest on this fella.

BM at 60 is fine too if, though it isn't as good for raiding.

It is a good way to pvp though, you just gotta change your tactics from what a marks hunter would do.

Beastmastery hunters can bring some unique skills to five mans and zul garub as well. If you do any raiding though expect to spend a lot on food and I would suggest you get the improved pet ressurection ability.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I was beastmaster at first and it really is good for leveling.

I went marksman in the 30's for PVP battlegrounds and while the level grind isn't any slower, the process is more distressing, since your pet will virtually never hold aggro after a decent aimed shot.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    RorraxRorrax Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Need some PVP advice. Ive been thinking about doing more PVP up to at least rank 11, although I would like to make a run at HWL. I hold my own pretty well in the battlegrounds with my current spec, but I was wondering what is the best PVP spec. Currently I am 5/31/15, but I was thinking a survival build may be a better spec for PVP.

Any advice you guys could give would be awesome.. (Builds, Gear, Pets etc..)

Rorrax on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I assume that 5 in BM, is in Imp Aspect of the Hawk?

I'd ditch it, and dump it into Survival. Things like Sure Footed, and Survivalist are musts.

I personally would ditch TSA, and few points out of marks to make sure I got Counterattack/Deterrence as well, but that's just me.

As for gear, it ain't hard. Agility, Stam, and +crit. I'd put a heavier emphasis on the +crit. I'm in full tier 1, and cooking about 25% with ranged weapons. I could go a few % higher, but i'm not keen on losing agility/stam because of it.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Jasconius wrote:
    I went marksman in the 30's for PVP battlegrounds and while the level grind isn't any slower, the process is more distressing, since your pet will virtually never hold aggro after a decent aimed shot.

As a lv60 marksmanship hunter I found no trouble maintaining pet aggro as long as I avoided using aimed shot as an opener. A high speed weapon helps too.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Asuma wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:

As a lv60 marksmanship hunter I found no trouble maintaining pet aggro as long as I avoided using aimed shot as an opener. A high speed weapon helps too.
    i concur with this, MM all the way to 60, just let the pet hit it for a few.

im like 5, 31, 15 or whatever the last ammount of points is into survival.
    personally, i swear by quick shots, with a faster bow like huhu's, it really is pretty sweet.

3/8 GS
    4/8 DS (dont wear the helm because of stupid ZG enchant)
    Barrage shoulders with 30AP on them > giantstalker
    Hakkari warblaid MH
    FOTF offhand
    Huhuran's stinger (had 2 drop in like 6 or 8 kills or something, not too bad imo)
    Master dragonslayers signet
    band of accuria
    Eye Of Hakkar, i lost the 30Agi nefarian neck to a rogue by about 30dkp last clear.
    and of course Royal seal and blackhands breatdh, but i also have the ZG trinket that clears the cooldowns instanly on aimed, multi, volley, arcane, 3 min cooldown.

i'd have the revered brood of nozdormu ring, but i accidentally took the tank ring. Gm wouldnt change it so i have to wait until we start doing AQ again to hit exalted to get the nice ring :(

and on another note, DS drop rates blow fucking ass for us, so ill probably have 1-2 pieces of tier 3 before i complete DS.

info.jpg

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    http://ctprofiles.net/2106223

I want Huhuran's Stinger ;_;

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    FotF on a hunter

man

maaaan

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    If it isn't a mace, and it isn't plattermail-
    It's a hunter weapon

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    TTODewback wrote:
    http://ctprofiles.net/2106223

I want Huhuran's Stinger ;_;
    http://ctprofiles.net/81973

You need a FotF. And I need an Eye of Nerub.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Kemal86Kemal86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Last night, I officially ran The Scholomance for the 45th time.

I have never seen the Ancient Bone Bow.

It makes me cry.

On the bright side, I hit Exalted with The Stormpike Guard, and got my Stormpike Battle Charger and Don Julio's Band.

Kemal86 on
    i used to test games now i sit on my couch and am lazy all day
    PKMN White FC: 0046 2138 1298
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Saw Ancient Bone Bow first time in Scholomance.

Have not since.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    OK i need some opinions. What is better.

Zin'Rokh Destroyer of Worlds

28 Stam
    72 AP
    with + 25 AGI

or duel wield

Dragonfang Blade + Doom's Edge

32 AGI
    20 Stam
    +30 AGI (2x15 enchants)

I am torn.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Wombat02 wrote:

28 Stam
    72 AP
    with + 25 AGI

or duel wield

32 AGI
    20 Stam
    +30 AGI (2x15 enchants)

I am torn.

For raiding, dual wield. For PvP, zin'rokhkherhkh

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Unless you're 21/30 Survival, a Crit+DPS one hander is going to be far better than an agi+stam one hander for raid DPS.

If you're survival, try to get Barb of the Sand Reaver or Eye of Nerub if your guild has progressed that far. Much better than any combination of one handers. Otherwise Moridin is correct.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    Unless you're 21/30 Survival, a Crit+DPS one hander is going to be far better than an agi+stam one hander for raid DPS.

If you're survival, try to get Barb of the Sand Reaver or Eye of Nerub if your guild has progressed that far. Much better than any combination of one handers. Otherwise Moridin is correct.

I'm in his guild, and we're not quite that far yet. Farthest we've got so far in AQ is sartura.

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Wombat02 wrote:

I am torn.

above poster is correct, the second set is 124 ap, and like 1.17 to crit.

the Zin'rok is 122 and only .48 to crit. only 8 stam different as well...

so, if you are going to be meleeing, zin'rok all the way. but raiding, the 2nd.

also, won a ZG enchant item tonight, so i decided to put that on my DS pants, since the addition of it to my DS pants over the helm was a better improvement.

im up to 1488ap self buffed.

Zephos on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Jaef you have the ZG trinket >_>
    /envy

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    /envy
    its very nice

Zephos on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Zephos wrote:
    /envy
    its very nice
    Kills people dead.

JAEF on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Haha, so awesome.

So I got my hunter to 19 while levelling my bear and cat, and decided to try out some WSG. I was doing pretty well because no one was paying any attention to me, letting my do my DPS thing from afar; Concussion Shot + Sting + Autoshot finished people off quick enough, assuming I had some teammates around. The best ones were the guys who tried to attack my pet, because it was just funny to see.

But then I ran outta ammo, and thought I was fucked. I tried spamming Wing Clip and Raptor Strike, and it worked reasonably well... because people just ignored me 90% of the time. My cat and I were doing decent DPS, too, and I have like a shitty <12dps 2H sword.

I placed top for Killing Blows in the first WSG, where I had no ammo half the time, and second in the second one; I was ignoring the flag completely, and I felt a little guilty about it, but I was just doing so well. And I'm not even in VC stuff yet. :D

Oh, and should I be doing something besides kiting with Concussion Shot + Wing Clip when someone does go for me and not the pet? Raptor Strike doesn't work quite as well when someone is actually beating on me and not totally overlooking me.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Hamurabi wrote:
    Haha, so awesome.

So I got my hunter to 19 while levelling my bear and cat, and decided to try out some WSG. I was doing pretty well because no one was paying any attention to me, letting my do my DPS thing from afar; Concussion Shot + Sting + Autoshot finished people off quick enough, assuming I had some teammates around. The best ones were the guys who tried to attack my pet, because it was just funny to see.

But then I ran outta ammo, and thought I was fucked. I tried spamming Wing Clip and Raptor Strike, and it worked reasonably well... because people just ignored me 90% of the time. My cat and I were doing decent DPS, too, and I have like a shitty <12dps 2H sword.

I placed top for Killing Blows in the first WSG, where I had no ammo half the time, and second in the second one; I was ignoring the flag completely, and I felt a little guilty about it, but I was just doing so well. And I'm not even in VC stuff yet. :D

Oh, and should I be doing something besides kiting with Concussion Shot + Wing Clip when someone does go for me and not the pet? Raptor Strike doesn't work quite as well when someone is actually beating on me and not totally overlooking me.

That's really the only thing you *can* do. You don't get freezing trap until level 20.

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Moridin wrote:
    That's really the only thing you *can* do. You don't get freezing trap until level 20.

Hmm... I totally ignored my Immolation trap.

So now, if I used Disengage, which ostensibly takes you out of combat... could I drop a trap in the middle of a fight?

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Hamurabi wrote:
    Moridin wrote:

So now, if I used Disengage, which ostensibly takes you out of combat... could I drop a trap in the middle of a fight?

Disengage doesn't drop you from combat, it lowers your threat.

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Moridin wrote:
    Hamurabi wrote:
    Moridin wrote:

Disengage doesn't drop you from combat, it lowers your threat.

The tooltip is misleading. It says "Character exits combat mode" which really just means you stop meleeing.

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Ah, yes - if only it *did* drop us from combat...

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, too bad hunters don't have a skill like that.

captaink on
This discussion has been closed.