As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What makes a game good is the graphics - NSF56K

1252627282931»

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i don't like it. it looks like it was designed by those guys that complained about diablo 3 having too much color

It seems kinda silly in a game that already has an incredibly washed-out palette of colors like Stalker though.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i don't like it. it looks like it was designed by those guys that complained about diablo 3 having too much color

It seems kinda silly in a game that already has an incredibly washed-out palette of colors like Stalker though.

Loss of color means some things are harder to identify, but it still looks really cool. To each his own though. However, comparing it to people who though Diablo 3 was too bright is a bit unfair. I mean, the game is black and white now with very limited color which gives it a unique aesthetic that I've never seen before in a game, and in addition, the lack of color actually enhances the look of certain elements, like shadows, greatly.

Then again, I did think Diablo 3 was too bright....

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    robotsintheskiesrobotsintheskies Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

There are 15(ish) more hidden in the thread if you want to find them! 20, actually, if you count the 5 in this post:
    teamfortress25tg7.jpg
    teamfortress21dr4.jpg

teamfortress22zj2.jpg

teamfortress24ij4.jpg

teamfortress23ud1.jpg
    Out of curiosity, Tycho, what kind of vid-card / general machine specs do you have to be able to run TF2 like that?

Because looking at these and then being forced to play on all low settings makes me cry tears of blood

D:

robotsintheskies on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Loss of color means some things are harder to identify, but it still looks really cool. To each his own though. However, comparing it to people who though Diablo 3 was too bright is a bit unfair. I mean, the game is black and white now with very limited color which gives it a unique aesthetic that I've never seen before in a game, and in addition, the lack of color actually enhances the look of certain elements, like shadows, greatly.

Then again, I did think Diablo 3 was too bright....

Have you seen flags of our fathers/letters of iwo jima? Desaturation is far better than taking stuff to almost black and white with a tiny bit of colour, imo.

L|ama on