As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Estiah], Or how to play a mmorpg at work

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Minrhael wrote: »
    I'm getting bored with every deck I face having 5 Night Cloaks

Anyone in here who raised their dump stat (dex/con) just to get the necessary requirements for Night Cloak raises your hand.

*raise hand*

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    I'm getting bored with every deck I face having 5 Night Cloaks

Anyone in here who raised their dump stat (dex/con) just to get the necessary requirements for Night Cloak raises your hand.

*raise hand*

Me too.

Oats on
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We have plenty of spots in the guild now. Anyone want in?

Yann on
  • Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If there's not a level minimum, I'd like to join?

I sent you an in-game PM...

quarthinos on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, if I could get an invite on Aduck (what a name, right) it would be appreciated. Level 22 Scout.

A duck! on
  • Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My roommate "Elbandito" wouldn't mind joining. He's in the top 10 PvPers right now. Level 26 scout.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A Bear wrote: »
    My roommate "Elbandito" wouldn't mind joining. He's in the top 10 PvPers right now. Level 26 scout.

Invited.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    Party AlbatrossParty Albatross Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If they are still available, I would like an invite on Fauxdin

Party Albatross on
    www.frostedminis.com - Hobby Blog - Mini's, Art, Etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If they are still available, I would like an invite on Fauxdin

Sent!

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I tried this game a week or two ago, ran out of turns and got bored quickly. Tried again today (with 1200 turns!) and I'm finding it to be rather fun. Got myself up to level 5 (I'm sure more skilled players could have hit level 20 or so with that many, but blah!) working my way towards Death Knight via Fighter -> Mercenary. Yeah, I'm only level 5 but I've got ambitions!

Saphier on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear Christ, no. Level 20 is hard to come by. Frequently, I found that the only way I was progressing through levels was through the daily jobs for free stats.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah it takes a while to get high lvl in this. The game is in a pretty criticall phase now. A bunch of people have reached the "endgame" and they have begun trying to balance that game for that, but there is a lot of work to be done there. The game is pretty complex and there are so many types of charms to take into account, it's gonna be damn hard to balance it properly.

Doesn't help that one of the (two) devs just resubbed to WoW. :lol:

Yann on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Dear Christ, no. Level 20 is hard to come by. Frequently, I found that the only way I was progressing through levels was through the daily jobs for free stats.

Really? I found if you're smart with skill gain you can get up in levels pretty easily in that early range. Still takes a while, and you're not going to be gaining a level or two a day, but it isn't too slow.

Another thing that helps with the game is making an alt as early as possible if you're enjoying it. Having someone to test out dungeons for you that maybe isn't as high priority as your main character helps make AP expenditure a bit more efficient.

Plus alts can catch up pretty quickly, to be honest. I made my third alt when I was in the 20s on the other two, and all three characters are 40+ now.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Any idea when level 2 gathering skills are available? My level 7 characters don't get any credit skill credit for doing apprentice <gathering>.

quarthinos on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think gatherings are capped at 10, 20, 30, 40, so rank 2 should open up for you when you hit level 10.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Saphier wrote: »
    So I tried this game a week or two ago, ran out of turns and got bored quickly. Tried again today (with 1200 turns!) and I'm finding it to be rather fun. Got myself up to level 5 (I'm sure more skilled players could have hit level 20 or so with that many, but blah!) working my way towards Death Knight via Fighter -> Mercenary. Yeah, I'm only level 5 but I've got ambitions!

Maybe the regulars can tell you better than I can, but while I was playing I found that level didn't matter so much as long as you had the right charms.

In fact, I'd almost venture to say that you should put equipping yourself above levelling in terms of priority. Yes, you need to be X level to use certain things, but once I got in the 15-20 range I found myself severely lacking in certain types of charms (dungeon & crafted) because I'd ignored them in favor of straight-up levelling as fast as possible.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ^ This.

With the right charms, you can kill things MANY levels higher than you.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wow, I just read through the thread again. Only just realized the Devs had made the thread.

I made an alt a few days back, Oatface.

Gonna see what class strikes me for him.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    Wow, I just read through the thread again. Only just realized the Devs had made the thread.

I made an alt a few days back, Oatface.

Gonna see what class strikes me for him.

Yeah, thankfully it was a thoughtful OP so it didn't so much amount to shameless pandering.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What kind of interaction do you have with them?

'cause they seem to talk to you a fair bit.

Oats on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Secret lovers.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    No so secret anymore I guess.

Who's the top, Lez or Nip?

Oats on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    No so secret anymore I guess.

Who's the top, Lez or Nip?

Basically both.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    MinrhaelMinrhael Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can anyone tell me how many of each mark you need for each tier 3 class item; I don't want to waste time getting 5 of each mark but I also don't want to have to backtrack all over the world.

i.e. for slayer it took 1 mark of insight for 5 slayer blades, 1 mark of salvation for 5 mana ruptures, but then 3 marks of leadership for 5 sky's revenge. going down to the 2nd row of available class charms, will it take 1,3, or 5 marks of faith for 5 slayer's garb, and how many marks of unity for 5 cleansing dances? I assume all the classes require the same number though different types of marks, as my summoner required 3 marks for 5 of his 3rd class charm.

Minrhael on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The specific marks you need depend on the class. Here's what I do know though, which is general for every T3 class.

-There are two charms where you will get 5 for a single mark. These marks are always the two types that you needed for the actual class change, so make sure you have two of each before you make the switch.

-There is a group oriented charm that requires Mark of Unity, with 1 mark per charm.

-There are single mark charms that requires 10k and 1 Angellium Insignia each. These are generally the best charm for the class.

-There is another single mark charm that requires 5k and either more Angellium Insignias or Crystal Insignias.

-There are two 6k charms that give two charms per mark. The marks can be anything, from what I can tell.

If you really want to know specifically what marks for what class the waffles have this information for absolutely every T3 class, so just ask.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    HazeAIHazeAI Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Any chance that I could get an invite to the guild? My user is HazeAI same as the forum ID, and I am currently a lvl 30 wizard. Though it's still a ways off, I'm also interested in what marks I will need to get all the cool charms for a Pyromaniac once I hit 40.

HazeAI on
    I wish it were time for cheers, but its not, its time for vengeance!
    - The Maxx
  • Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ug, I swear guys, I'll be back after exams... or something.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So is it just me or are axes and fire dominating right now?

'cause my dinky little twinblades seem pretty useless.

Oats on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Twinblades plus attack boosts are good against high defense, so that's one thing.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, they've got massive penetration, but that doesn't matter when I never come up against a defensive deck anymore.

Everything is burst. At least at the mid 30s.

Oats on
  • Options
    MinrhaelMinrhael Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, the game finally has me completely stumped. Would someone be willing to spoiler a solution to Doctor Karya because I'm not even coming close with any character?
    She cleanses so poisons are useless, purges so buffs are useless, destroys summons, and gives -70 to both melee and magic right off the bat. The only thing that she seems to even take damage from is spirit and she has like 125 or 130 charms, so I'd need to do about 80 spirit damage; I can come close but without my soul wraith summons I come up a bit short. Is there a trick to this, or a combo; am I missing something obvious, or do I just have to go grind out more spirit charms? That wouldn't seem right though since a lot of spirit charms have power as a base which would leave a lot of classes out in the cold.

edit: Oh, and I forgot to ask; are there mechanics available only through guild charms? I haven't been bothering to join a guild, but read something about armor/ward repel which I assume is the ability to target lowest armor/ward? If so, that seems to be a pretty important ability for non-guild battles too and I haven't found any charms like that in the dungeons or crafting. Also, found the answer to Karya; didn't realize that mechanic doesn't count for her debuff, guess I have a bunch of farming to do.

Minrhael on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, the game finally has me completely stumped. Would someone be willing to spoiler a solution to Doctor Karya because I'm not even coming close with any character?
    Projection.

e:
    She falls on her back to projection like a two dollar whore.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh crud. So I find the game, find the thread, spend the past week playing and slowly reading through the thread... And now it turns out dudes haven't posted in almost a month.

Are we still in on this? Is there a new venue for talkery?

I'm trying to go Hierarch with my main, and whatever works for Spirit damage for my alt(I guess DK or Inquisitor).

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We still play. Most of the chattery takes place in game in the little guild shoutbox.

Oats on
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh well dang. I guess I'll toss a bid in when I manage to work my way up to level ten or so, then.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah we're still goin' strong. Lost our edge in GvG a little bit (at least relatively, we're still dominant) and we're sweeping through the world firsts, but the guild is still up and active. Glad to see new blood coming to the game.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah we're still goin' strong. Lost our edge in GvG a little bit (at least relatively, we're still dominant) and we're sweeping through the world firsts, but the guild is still up and active. Glad to see new blood coming to the game.

By the way if it wasn't done already, just go ahead and remove me, don't think I'll be playing for a goodwhile.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, it's been forever since I've played this. I've got a level 11 guy on there, but I totally forget how things pan out. Should I start over or just pick this back up where I left off?

Rhapsody on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You may as well hop back on him. My first character is something of a mess, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

Oats on
  • Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So any consensus as to what classes/paths are viable right now? Or is it all pretty balanced out. Are there any needs within the guild? I really have no idea about the dynamics of GvG. :P

Rhapsody on