Options

The Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour! (Registration Closed!)

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ah, good point! Lemme do that.

EDIT: Okay, I added a message up at the front, and I'll repeat it there for those who don't check the OP. =)

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
    If you are planning on going to the Pre-PAX Dinner (which is the final official stop on Day 2 of the Magical Mystery Tour), go here and preregister NOW:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=60964

Preregistration will make the difference between the Pre-PAX Dinner happening and not happening, so all MMT goers remotely interested in the dinner should register as soon as humanly possible.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Done!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop out of the tour. I can still go to PAX itself but something popped up on the Tuesday and Wednesday where I need to be here at home. This means changing flights, which is annoying but it has to be done. Yaargh.

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that Horseman. =( Well, no worries... hopefully next year both of us will be able to come =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So... not much new has happened with the Mystery Tour. Just making sure this stays on the first page of threads, in case someone new stops by the thread and is interested in joining the tour.

And yes, the tour is still on! It will live on regardless of if I'll physically be there for it. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I figured I'd give this a bit of a bump. The event is still on, and we're still accepting new people who want to go on the Magical Mystery Tour! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so i havent been on in a while.......

it truely sucks that you cannot make it this year, i think you should either win a contest.... or we should all put together moneys ( i know i will if that is what it comes to!)

but i am still going with a guess if you care, i am truly hoping you can make it!

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes, new people are welcome!

Also, I was IRCing with some of the others, and I had a thought. When the CCST comes into town (About 2 PM Thursday, according to Moe) we could maybe be a welcoming party? What do you guys think?

One note though..
    <@MoeFwacky&gt; just don't clog our parking area
    <@MoeFwacky&gt; or we'll fraking kill you

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2008
    Man, why you got to edit. I didn't say "f'ing"

edit: or that, either, shit if you're gonna use fake swears from sci-fi, at least use ones from shows I actually watch.

frell ftw

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Ok fine. Fix'd.

I tried to come up with something else to put between the f and the ing other than whats there now, but my wit seems to be dead today. :P

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    lipp? as in "flipping"?

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    That might work. Actually, I just thought of something! *Goes and edits the post.* :evil:

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    =) Aye, I'm hoping I can go too... it's beyond awesome to see everyone trying to help me get there, it's really neat! I think we have some good ideas for this latest contest, I'm going to give it my best shot and see what comes of it! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    whytmage has just started a thread for Pre-PAX lunches, which sound like they'll take place a few days before the event... which means Magical Mystery Tour-goers would be able to attend if you're interested!

Take a gander:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=63661

VThornheart on
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The lunches are going on through July and August and hopefully beyond that. I'm hoping to get one though on Monday or Tuesday before PAX for you guys. When does the caravan land in Seattle?

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, if all goes according to plan, the Pre-PAX MMT goers will be having events Wednesday and Thursday, though it sounds like many people will at least be in town as early as Tuesday. If you have a lunch on Wednesday, for example, we could try to add it in as a stop on the tour! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think a Wednesday lunch would be great, even if I wont be able to go (getting three days off was hard, getting a 4th one off that week.

That being said, jsut because i'm scheduling it doesn't mean I have to be there.

What time would be best wednesday for a Meet and Greet with the local flavor? Anyone from the seattle area that can show up will be encouraged to.

Whytmage on
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Me and LewieP arrive late Tuesday afternoon (if the planes are all on time), we're up for a meet with peeps.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Ooh, one more idea to add to the pile!

It seems that the Pre-PAX Dinner peoples are in need of some help getting people to the dinner. Since they're on the way, would any drivers be opposed to picking up people from some central location (near the last location we have before the Pre-PAX Dinner) and bringing them to the dinner?

Granted, there's not many of us, and we're down a driver (myself =( ), but if you guys are up for it and if we're going to have the extra seats we could make arrangements to at least bring as many people as we have seats in the cars that are going to the dinner anyways. =)

DRIVERS: Let me know by PM or here if you're up for it!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've been reading these threads debating whether or not to go, and I say, YES, even though I'm local! So, I will have a car and am willing and able to drive 3 others (I could fit 4, but I'm 16 and won't quite have had my license for a year as of the MMT, Washington state law is funny...). I haven't registered yet for the dinner, but I've volunteered to set up and will register soon, so I'd be happy to drive some over, especially as I don't have anyone now in my car.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Cool, that's great QB! =) I'll add you to the list for sure. Excellent! Welcome to the party! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ATTENTION MYSTERY TOUR PEOPLE!!!

I am formally scheduling a Pre Pax Seattle Lunch for August 28th. Vthorn will let me know where and when will fit into your schedule, and i will work on getting the Seattlites there. :D Again, Thursday, August 28th, time and location TBD by Vthorn based on current schedule and plans. :D

Whytmage on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Cool! I'll take a look when I get back from work and see how we can best fit it in. That'll be great! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm now coming into town earlier, Tuesday morning, so I'd be up for lunch Tues or on the tour Wed (ps I'd like to come on the Wed leg of the MMT). Thursday I am hopefully heading out the Ellenberg with Liger to meet up with the CCST and drive on into town with them, then somehow need to get to the Pre-PAX dinner to help setup, and back after packup of the Dinner to join into the Pub Crawl.

I am so not surviving PAX. It's gonna be AWESOME.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Woot! Excellent, welcome to the Tour! =) Let me throw you on the list... as time gets closer... probably 2 weeks before PAX or so, we're going to have to figure out some nitty-gritty details like how/where we'll all meet in the morning to pick people up for the tour and such... but I think we'll be able to do it.

Hopefully it'll be fun! =)

EDIT: Oh, CuZZa... before I put you on the list, are you able to drive if you come on Wednesday or would you be a passenger? Let me know! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hey VT, remember I'm happy to hire a car for the Wednesday part of the trip, if you need me to!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Cool, thanks LPM! =)=) We've got to all discuss who can/will drive with whom before I can know for sure... but perhaps now is a good time to start that discussion... or maybe early next week. I'm going to be out of town until Sunday starting tomorrow night (my grandfather who's been ill for many years died late Sunday night), but when I get back perhaps we can figure out some details about who's pooling with who and if we need extra cars.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Gday VT, thanks.

I'm able to drive (have my international drivers permit) but won't have my own car in Seattle, so I can fill in drive for people who want a break, but otherwise will be a passenger.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Aye, we should start on getting this a bit more organized, as well as figuring out costs.

I've recruited a friend to the PAX forums cause! He should be registering tomorrow at some point, and he will be joining us on the tour. I'll let him post it officially though, as I don't know what his forum handle will be.

Also, I noticed a problem with the OP list of destinations.
    DAY 1

Proposed Driving Directions for Day 1

9:00am - 10:00am: Boeing Factory Tour
    11:00am - 11:30am: Trophy Cupcakes
    12:00pm - 1:00pm: Pacific Science Center
    1:30pm - 2:00pm: Space Needle
    2:30pm - 4:30pm: Experience Music Project/Sci-Fi Museum
    5:00pm - 6:00pm: Seattle Aquarium

DAY 2

Proposed Driving Directions for Day 2

9:00am - 10:00am: Pike Place Market
    10:30am - 11:30am: Seattle Library
    12:00am - 1:00pm: Pioneer Square
    1:30pm - 2:30pm: Seattle Underground Tour
    3:00pm - 4:00pm: Seattle Aquarium
    4:30pm - Whenever: Pre-PAX Dinner

Notice anything wrong? The Seattle Aquarium is on there both days! As awesome as it will be, I don't think we want go twice :P

But seriously, an honest mistake. With so much going on, I'm amazed at how well things are traveling along as it is!

I looked at the poll for the first day, and the thing that the Aquarium is replacing/displacing, is the Boeing Museum of Flight. I think we can do some re-shuffling as soon as VT gets back nest week, and get things smoothed out.

Also, did we all unofficially decide to nix the Space Needle, and go to that exec tower (I cant remember the name for the life of me) downtown instead? Just want to clarify with everyone, make sure everyone gets a chance to voice their opinions on the subject before we decide what to do there.

So on Thursday night sometime, I believe I posted the exact time earlier in the thread, we should really look into meeting the CCST when it comes into town. I think that would be a good merging of the two community events.

We also need to pencil times for food and such into the schedule, as well as account for drive times. There is also the Pre-PAX Lunch Whytmage wants to plan for us, that should be entered. Basically smooth out the schedule, and get it a bit more set into stone for how we want it to look like.

Again, much of this is things we can work on the next 2-3 weeks, so don't anyone feel like they are being pressured. I'm cure no official authority on this! Just my ideas and thoughts. Wanted to get them all down before forgot them again.

Anyways, this is shaping up to be one EPIC PAX week. For those of you just hearing about this, and those of you on the fence about going, get on board now! Its going to be a LOT of fun, and you don't want to miss it!

Well, thats all folks, tune in next time, for episode two of Snickers Ravenous Blatherings!

Snickers on
  • Options
    vicious_keinvicious_kein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hello i am the one of whom Snickers was referring to. I would love to go on this little fun trip, i just have to get money together for it.

vicious_kein on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    CuZZa wrote: »
    I'm now coming into town earlier, Tuesday morning, so I'd be up for lunch Tues or on the tour Wed (ps I'd like to come on the Wed leg of the MMT). Thursday I am hopefully heading out the Ellenberg with Liger to meet up with the CCST and drive on into town with them, then somehow need to get to the Pre-PAX dinner to help setup, and back after packup of the Dinner to join into the Pub Crawl.

I am so not surviving PAX. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Wow! That is an impressive schedule!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We arrive (me and LewieP) Tuesday afternoon, I'm in charge of our social schedule, and apart from the bar crawl (cos I can't walk too far) I think we're doing everything!!. I'm ridiculously excited about it all. Oh, and I need to fit in a trip to the University on the Friday morning between the breakfast run and PAX opening!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    [DVDA]martini[DVDA]martini Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've created a quick google maps mashup noting all the locations of all the tour stops.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104533033659525931380.000452cd029b4a6c8f860&z=10

[DVDA]martini on
  • Options
    [DVDA]martini[DVDA]martini Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    For efficiency of travel, the schedule looks good. I would even add a driveby of the fremont bridge troll between trophy cupcakes and the seattle center.

[DVDA]martini on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I've created a quick google maps mashup noting all the locations of all the tour stops.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104533033659525931380.000452cd029b4a6c8f860&z=10

You know there are maps and such already right? :D

Thanks for contributing though!

Snickers on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    whoa. okay. Sorry guys. I've been super-busy at work, but i'm back. I'm still up for this, so I'll go back through the thread and catch myself up.

ashridah on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only one for whom that map makes the Boeing Factory Tour seem less appealing?

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hi guys! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I was at my grandfather's funeral for most of the week. Just flew back into town this morning, so I figured I'd drop in and see how things are going.

It sounds like most everyone is still up for the tour, which is excellent! =)

Let me see if I can answer all of the concerns/posts since I skipped town...

@Snickers: Ah! I totally didn't notice that (the double-entry of the Aquarium)! I don't know how it got on twice. I think technically it's supposed to be part of day 1... I'm going to have to check though.

I'm 90% sure right now that we're not going to the Space Needle, because no one if I remember correctly actually expressed interest in it when it was brought up what was actually at the needle. If anyone really wants to go to the needle, we can hold a secondary vote on it perhaps? But so far I've not seen anyone say that they really wanted to do it, that I can remember at least.

We definitely need to pencil in all these new things (the lunch and such)... I'll try to take some time during the week this week and tweak it a bit, and talk to Whytmage about where might be best to do it.

@vicious_kein:

Hi, and welcome!!! =) There's only a couple small extra bits of info I need from you: Are you going to be a driver, or do you need a ride? If you're a driver, how many can you fit in your vehicle? Lastly, how many people will you be bringing along with you, if any? Let me know so I can add that info!

@LPM:

Yeah, it's going to be awesome! If I can't be there in person, you guys have to take plenty of pictures and send them my way! =)

@[DVDA]martini:

Ah! Are you on the list yet? Would you like to join the tour? The more the merrier! Let me know the same info I asked from vicious_kein if you're interested, and I can add you to the list! =)

@ashridah:

Welcome back, good to see you! =) You haven't missed too much, as I think you were here for the end of voting and determination of the tenative schedule... we have to figure out whether we really want to go to the space needle and the Boeing Factory Tour it sounds like though, so voice your opinions on one or both if possible! =)

@Queen Brewer:

Aye, the distance is the one issue about the Boeing Factory Tour. Apparently this place is AWESOME though, so it may be worth it. While I was out for the funeral, one of my cousins actually happened to mention it when I was talking about how I was going to go to PAX. She said it was amazing to see, so that was another person to vouch for it personally. =)

Now the thing is though, I'd personally like to go to it, but even if I happen to win a contest that'll let me go to PAX (ooh I hope I hope I hope! =) ), I still likely wouldn't make it into town for the first day of the Tour (or even possibly the second, depending on when I got into town =( ), so my personal opinion on that matter probably should take a backseat to the people who'll actually be going... which means we DEFINITELY need people who are going to Day 1 to sound off on this.

@ALL:

Okay, given everything we talked about above, we need everyone who's planning to come to Day 1 to sound off on whether the following two destinations are worth going to given distance and other factors:

* Space Needle
    * Boeing Factory Tour

Take a look at the information throughout the thread on benefits and drawbacks of each, and let me know here or by PM how you feel about it. It's really important... if you want to go to these, make yourselves heard! If you really don't want to go to these for the reasons that have been stated in the threads, say that as well! We're going to let democracy rule on this, as we have for the other issues thus far. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm gonna be around for a few days before/after and by the sounds the Space Needle is a simple tourist thing to do, so I can probably do that by myself. Boeing Factory is more of a group thing so I'll vote for that.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just touching base to see if any ideas had come up to get you guys to rendezvous with the Pre PAX lunch gang.

Thursday the 28th is the date, the time and place are up in the air.

The idea for a BBQ was thrown out by our people, but for this day, something lighter is an order since we have the PrePAX dinner that night. So any idea, let me know.

i'm letting you pick the place since we will be sandwiched between events for you guys so it will be based on where you are. :D

Whytmage on
This discussion has been closed.