Options

[Malta] Survivor: Puzzle Islands - Tribe Absorbed

• Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Day 3 Immunity Challenge

Even with the hint, the survivor’s were stumped. The question was too vague for the survivors to figure out a way to do it. Most were at their wit’s end when one survivor finally said “This is my last answer I don’t care if it’s right”

The winning tribe is:
    Bono.
    Plutonium was the closest with

Reverse the string

break it apart

3 9 23 5 12 9 14 21 01

Convert to letters via simply 1=a, 2=b, 3=c, etc.

CIWELINUA

Rearrange into anagram

A Clue, I Win

If you wanted it make it fit to eight letters, then you can easily chop off the 01 at the end and get "Clue, I win" or "I Win Clue"

Bono is safe from Tribal Council.

The correct answer was “Immunity”
    Blarney, you were quite close at getting the right answer. If you rearranged some of the numbers you would get:
    9 13 13 21 14 9 20 25
    If you did a simple number to letter substitution you would get “Immunity”.
    Perhaps I left this too open ended, originally the clue accompanying the numbers was “What does every survivor want?” and when I tested this among friends, one of them got it in two minutes, so I decided to make it harder. I apologize if this question was too hard/convoluted. For future puzzle’s I’ll try to lean toward the easier side rather than the “holy hell what do I do” side.

Malta, you must participate in Tribal Council. Please send me the name of the person you wish to remove from the island via private message. Voting ends tonight at 9 P.M. EST.

The following people failed to cast an Exile Vote:
    PrecisonK
    Rend
    DA
    Pluto
    Please do not forget to cast an Exile Vote tomorrow.

DevoutlyApathetic, as the person with the most exile votes on the losing tribe, you are hereby banished to Exile Island, you may not communicate with anyone in any manner until Tribal is over. You will still submit a vote for Tribal though. Check your PM Box, as the first hint to finding the Idol is on its way.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bah, that was kind of arbitrary. Oh well. I was thinking it had to do with "Survivor" or "Immunity", but couldn't figure out how to get there. Next time, gadget! Next time!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 3 Tribal Council

“Behind each of you is a torch, grab it and approach the flame. This is part of the ritual of tribal council because fire represents your life in this game. As long as you have that fire, you are in this game, when it’s gone, so are you.”

There was not much talk, but clear divisions in the tribe could be seen. Many people were arguing and bickering, and none of them seemed to trust each other. Although many people did not seem to have good reasons for who they are voting for, they knew in their heart that they wanted the person the voted for gone. One by one the tribe went and cast their votes.

“I’ll go tally the votes. Once the votes are read, decision is final, the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately”
    “PrecisionK, 1 vote PK”
    “El Skid, 1 vote El Skid, 1 vote PK”
    “Fembot, 1 vote Fembot, 1 vote El Skid, 1 vote PK”

“Third person voted out of Survivor: Puzzle Islands, PrecisionK. 2 votes, that’s enough, I need you to grab your torch. PK, the tribe has spoken.”
    “Grab your torches, head back to camp and get ready for your next challenge”

The reason there are only 4 votes is because only 4 people voted. Please do not forget to submit a vote next time as there will be dire consequences.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fourth Team Immunity Challenge

You arrive at the challenge site and all you see before you is a picture.
    PUZZLE.jpg
    Under the picture are instructions that say “What does this picture mean?”

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    !DA needs a vacation!

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 4 Immunity Challenge

The pictures started to make immediate sense, the problem was to take the meanings and combine them together. Some were thinking of the EU, and others “counting up”. However neither of these answers made a combination of all the parts. After a short while of thought and deliberation a man in a little group of people shouted “It’s The Final Countdown”. Right after that the other survivors in unison began humming “do do do dooooooooooo do do do do, do do doooooo do do do do…”

The winning tribe is:
    Bono.
    Locus was the most correct with
    “The first part of the puzzle represents Europe and a hit (in baseball).

The second part is a countdown.

Then a big five and a small 22.

So, Europe's hit (the Europe and the baseball hit), the Final Countdown (the countdown), was released on May (big five) 26, 1986, exactly 22 (the small 22) years ago today.”

The correct answer was “The Final 12”
    It was quite a grandiose coincidence that exactly 22 years ago in May (5) the Final Countdown was released. What this was supposed to be was that Europe’s Hit (Europe and baseball bat) was The Final Countdown, you subtract a countdown from it and you get “The Final”, finally a 22 in a 5 was supposed to be a 22 in [base]5 which is 12. Congratulations on the alternate solution though, very impressive.

Malta, you must participate in Tribal Council. Please send me the name of the person you wish to remove from the island via private message. Voting ends tonight at 9 P.M. EST.

A whole lot of you forgot to cast Exile votes. I assume you guys are busy with Memorial day activities so I will let it slide today.

Please do not forget to cast an Exile Vote tomorrow.

DevoutlyApathetic, as the person with the most exile votes on the losing tribe, you are hereby banished to Exile Island, you may not communicate with anyone in any manner until Tribal is over. You will still submit a vote for Tribal though. Check your PM Box, as the first hint to finding the Idol is on its way.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Memorial Day, messing everything up!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 4 Tribal Council

“Behind each of you is a torch, grab it and approach the flame. This is part of the ritual of tribal council because fire represents your life in this game. As long as you have that fire, you are in this game, when it’s gone, so are you.”

Everyone was exhausted. It didn’t seem like any of the survivors got much sleep and all throughout the deliberation they were constantly bickering. Rend shouted something and in his excitement, fell into the fire and had to be evacuated due to medical purposes. Rend was removed from the game and the other survivors were spared a tribal council.

Rend was removed due to inactivity.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tribal Switch

Please note that today there is a special twist. Your tribes have been reassigned.
    Here are the new tribe lists:

Bono

El Skid
    Grundlterror
    PsychoCucumber
    Fembot
    Romantic Undead
    Tuxkamen

Malta
    DevoutlyApathetic
    Blarney
    Bliss 101
    Locus
    Lonelyahava
    Plutonium

Just to remind you, you may not have any contact with members on the other tribe. It is best to use your old proboards and ban members who are no longer part of your tribe. Until this happens, please do not visit your old proboards if you are no longer part of that tribe.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fifth Team Immunity Challenge

What would Puzzle Islands be without a simple plain old crossword puzzle?

SurvivorPuzzle.jpg

A simple plain old crossword puzzle with hints missing letters and having symbols substituted for others.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, uh....our precious precious proboards!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hi guys!

Is it nicer on this side of the island?

nobody over there wanted to talk to me!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Our precious proboards! They've been comprimised!

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Were they pretty proboards?

It took the Bono guys like.... 2 days to let me into theirs...

lemme in DA! Lemme in!!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You need to talk to Blarney about that.

I know nothink. I can't even count.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey dudes.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hi Plut!

hmmm Blarney...

I like this side of the island better.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Alright, alright... gimme a minute and I'll re-secure the proboards.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So this is exciting. I've got new friends.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yay!! DA is my friend!!!

I'm going to pretend that it's true even if it's not

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The fifth person voted out... ;)

Oh, that reminds me - we need to set up a diplomat for Exile Island again? !Devoutly Apathetic will claim it in the name of Malta!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    DA for Exile Island.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yes. That sounds like a good plan!

Only friends would do this for each other!

!DA

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    New friends still don't like me. *sigh*

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good morning, Malta.

I was gone for most of the weekend and yesterday as well; apologies iamtheaznman and to my old island for that. I should be back to normal activity level now.

I hear !DA likes it on the exile island.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Poor thread, all lost and alone and nobody posting in it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    *sigh* DA goes back to Exile-ville.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DA I am here now. What would you like to discuss?

Our impending victory?

The role of parents in modern education systems?

The weather on Exile Island?

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I don't know, how about we need to stop picking the guy who works at night to solve puzzles from 3 to 9 pm? *hint, hint*

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, I can't go. I'm going to be gone for most of the hours between 4 and 9. I'll vote for someone else, though.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Eh, I think it's too late at this point. I'll probably screw up a puzzle in stupid fashion because I'm tired again and then get to go to sleep. Quietly cursing myself.

Well in truth, I hope I don't even go there but we still have 20 minutes to find that out.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    An hour and ten minutes. We would only need two other people to vote.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Damn it. I keep thinking it's 4. Quick, get your former team mates to tell us if and when they submitted an answer.

Regardless, DA, Plutonium is crafty and I don't want to be on the same island as him. He's probably get me to kill myself or something.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium seems like a guy who can handle a few riddles.

Locus on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well then, !retract DA and !exile Plut instead.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 5 Immunity Challenge

It was the day after a Tribal Switch and you could tell that it certainly shook up the game. Malta seemed to get along rather quickly and began piecing their solution together. However, Bono seemed to be in some rough water, it looked like there was no communication between it’s members. Even without the team, one member of Bono was piecing everything together and it was neck and neck between the one member from Bono and Malta, with Malta literally two minutes away from the solution when someone from Bono yelled out “DONE”

The winning tribe is:
    Bono.
    Fembot answered correctly.

The correct answer was

SURVIVORPUZLEANSWR.jpg

Both DevoutlyApathetic and Plutonium had 3 votes for Exile. A coin was flipped and both survivors watched as it seemed to hover in the air forever. DevoutlyApathetic called out “Heads”.

It fell to the ground on “Tails”

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Curses! Foiled by my need for organization and presentation!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, at least DA's still not on the same island as me.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 5 Tribal Council

“How’s the new tribe?”
    “It’s going good we are a very strong tribe.”
    “How is the divide? I notice that there are two Malta members, is it clearly Malta and clearly Bono?”
    “No I don’t think so, I think our tribe is united and will vote for who the tribe feels is worse.”
    One by one, the members of new Malta went and cast their votes.
    “I’ll go tally the votes. Once the votes are read, decision is final, the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately”
    “Lonelyahava, 1 vote Lonelyahava”
    “Bliss 101, 1 vote Bliss, 1 vote Lonelyahava”
    “Lonelyahava, 1 vote Bliss, 2 vote Lonelyahava”
    “Lonelyahava, 1 vote Bliss, 3 vote Lonelyahava”

“Fifth person voted out of Survivor: Puzzle Islands, Lonelyahava. 3 votes, that’s enough, I need you to grab your torch. Lonelyahava, the tribe has spoken.”

Don’t forget to vote for tribal again. You have been marked.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sixth Team Immunity Challenge

You see before you a sign, on it is the following

There is a secret club.
    A club member said “30” from behind the door. A person answered “6” and was let in.
    A club member said “45” from behind the door. A person answered “9” and was let in.
    A club member said “60” from behind the door. A person answered “12” and was turned away. What should he have said?

iamtheaznman on