As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Malta] Survivor: Puzzle Islands - Tribe Absorbed

1235»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Psycho, Exile island has Socialized Health Care. I went for the exile, but stayed for the free surgery!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Free kidneys, you say?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Free kidneys indeed, my good Plutonium!

Though I hope it's unnecessary all in all.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes, yes, Plutonium deserves a checkup on Exile Island.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I guess Plutonium is our guy now.

Locus on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Day 6 Immunity Challenge

This puzzle didn’t look too hard, at least not as hard as the ones that Survivors had to solve in the past. Many people figured out what they needed to do, but one astute individual noticed it with such haste that the others didn’t even stand a chance. He shouted “FIVE”

The winning tribe is:
    Bono.
    Tuxkamen answered correctly with “5”.
    Bono is safe from Tribal Council.

The correct answer was five.
    The amount of letters in THIRTY is 6, in FOURTY FIVE, is 9 and in SIXTY, is 5. Thus 5 is the correct answer.

Malta, you must participate in Tribal Council. Please send me the name of the person you wish to remove from the island via private message. Voting ends tonight at 9 P.M. EST.

Plutonium, as the person with the most exile votes on the losing tribe, you are hereby banished to Exile Island, you may not communicate with anyone in any manner until Tribal is over. You will still submit a vote for Tribal though. Check your PM Box, as the first hint to finding the Idol is on its way.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 6 Tribal Council

“Behind each of you is a torch, grab it and approach the flame. This is part of the ritual of tribal council because fire represents your life in this game. As long as you have that fire, you are in this game, when it’s gone, so are you.”
    “So do you think the tribe is looking at the short term of team immunity or getting rid of threats for the long term?”
    “Right now we seem to be worried about challenges.”
    “Yeah, losing so many times in a row is becoming quite demoralizing.”
    One by one, the Malta tribe went and cast their votes.
    “I’ll go tally the votes. Once the votes are read, decision is final, the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately”

“MrBlarney, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Locus, 1 vote Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Bliss101, 1 vote Bliss101, 1 vote Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Bliss101, 2 votes Bliss101, 1 vote Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”

“Sixth person voted out of Survivor: Puzzle Islands, Bliss101. 2 votes, that’s enough, I need you to grab your torch. Bliss101, the tribe has spoken.”
    “Grab your torches, head back to camp and get ready for your next challenge”

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Argh, losing challenges sucks! Today will be better... I hope it will be better.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seventh Team Immunity Challenge

You arrive at the challenge and you see this:

matter, tells hat, lasers, ______, aloof.
    What belongs in the blank?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Before I forget, I think I'll !vote myself for a turn at Exile Island. Sharing the love, I guess?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney is so gracious for volunteering.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 7 Immunity Challenge

A word puzzle immediately got everyone’s brain working. Some people saw a pattern quickly and even made up words to fit that pattern. The Malta tribe seemed to be at their wits end, as they ran out of ideas and no longer were trying to get the solution. This allowed for an easy sweep by Bono, as their team was working together.

The winning tribe is:
    Bono.
    Tuxkamen gave the best answer with “falsehood” with the reasoning of: 4 letters each from previous and next words, double letter in word

Bono is safe from Tribal Council.

The correct answer was SAFE.
    The list of words was this:
    Matter
    Tells Hat
    Lasers
    Safe
    Aloof
    The middle two letters of a word were the first and last letter of the next word, respectively.

Malta, you must participate in Tribal Council. Please send me the name of the person you wish to remove from the island via private message. Voting ends tonight at 9 P.M. EST.

MrBlarney, as the person with the most exile votes on the losing tribe, you are hereby banished to Exile Island, you may not communicate with anyone in any manner until Tribal is over. You will still submit a vote for Tribal though. Check your PM Box, as the first hint to finding the Idol is on its way.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    We tried to work together! We have two less brains to help out, and one of them isn't tuxkamen. Cut us some slack, Probst.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 7 Tribal Council

“Behind each of you is a torch, grab it and approach the flame. This is part of the ritual of tribal council because fire represents your life in this game. As long as you have that fire, you are in this game, when it’s gone, so are you.”

Nobody was talking to each other. Clearly these individuals were divided.
    One by one, the Malta tribe went and cast their votes.

“I’ll go tally the votes. Once the votes are read, decision is final, the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately”
    “MrBlarney, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Locus, 1 vote Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Plutonium, 1 vote Plutonium, 1 vote Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”
    “Locus, 1 votes Plutonium, 2 votes Locus, 1 vote MrBlarney”

“Seventh person voted out of Survivor: Puzzle Islands, Locus. 2 votes, that’s enough, I need you to grab your torch. Locus, the tribe has spoken.”

“Grab your torches, head back to camp and get ready for your next challenge”

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Eighth Team Immunity Challenge

You arrive at the challenge and see on a sign:

If you count my lines
    You get what I mean
    What am I?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The tribes aren't merged? What a twist! Not really one I like, though.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aww geez, I almost forgot to vote. !myself for Exile Island! I kind of want another chance. But I kind of want to win too...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just a reminder, weekend rules are in effect. Next challenge won't be up until Sunday at 9.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ugh. Such a long long wait.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Think of it as the merge party. If there is a merge!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 8 Immunity Challenge

After suffering defeat after defeat Malta knew that it was time to put aside their differences and work together. Both tribes began working on the challenge and immediately using up most of their guesses. Bono was in the lead and was going to win the challenge up until one survivor from Malta yelled out “Tally Marks”The winning tribe is:
    Malta
    DevoutlyApathetic gave the best answer with “Tally marks, each time you add a line it increases the meaning by one”

Malta is safe from Tribal Council.

The correct answer was TWENTY NINE
    The first thing to notice was that this sign was different from the other puzzles I have given you. This time the font was in Arial. In Arial, the letter I is a straight line instead of 3 lines. Some of you answered 1 but that doesn’t work as in Arial it takes 2 lines to draw a 1 as shown 1. The correct answer was TWENTY NINE in all caps (in Arial), it has exactly 29 lines.

Bono, you must participate in Tribal Council. Please send me the name of the person you wish to remove from the island via private message. Voting ends tonight at 9 P.M. EST.

Tuxkamen, as the person with the most exile votes on the losing tribe, you are hereby banished to Exile Island, you may not communicate with anyone in any manner until Tribal is over. You will still submit a vote for Tribal though. Check your PM Box, as the first hint to finding the Idol is on its way.

TRIBAL ENDS TONIGHT AT 9 EST

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    For the record, Japanese tally marks are so much cooler than ours.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thought it was some sort of graph, the "mean" meaning the average.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    NINTH TEAM IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Just kidding, instead you have

The Merge:

You have now been merged into one tribe. Instead of team immunity challenges you now have individual immunity challenges. The only way to prevent from going to Exile (if you are to win the exile vote) is to win the individual immunity challenge. In addition, until 9 P.M. Sunday, you may vote on you tribe name inlime.

You will now all use the Bono tribe thread as Bono has 5 members versus Malta's 3. Feel free to create a proboard as well.

iamtheaznman on