What Console should I bring

Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
edited June 2006 in PAX Archive
Now I've been playing video games since I was born ( I learned my ABC's from this circus game on my computer) and my brothers have been playing for the years before I was born, so our family has quite a collection of consoles sitting in our basement. The question is, which one, two or 3 should I bring to PAX?

I have no clue how many games we have for them... but there is always Ebay... But I do know for sure that the 2600 has the most.

PASig.gif
Qs23 on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I think the room where you bring your own stuff is the "Bring Your Own Computer" room. The console room already has a bunch of crap hooked up to TVs. Unless you plan on bringing a TV too, you're just going to be wandering around Meydenbaur with a console.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    he can probably find a way to set it up if the classic console night gets done again, seeing as how it is a classic.

Nephirij on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Also, he could set it up in the hotel room.

Doc on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I am part of the CCSupertrip, so I could bring my own tv too...

I would love just to hook it up in my hotel room, but I've always had issues with the RF adapters and hotel TV's. Anybody got any pointers or helpful hints?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ZartanZartan Registered User
    edited June 2006
    there is usually a panel someplace on the hotel tv, it may take some work tog et it open but when i went to detroit w/ my school jazz band we broke one open to conect an snes (the one that they provide doesnt work for consols)

Zartan on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha Registered User
    edited June 2006
    I think the room where you bring your own stuff is the "Bring Your Own Computer" room. The console room already has a bunch of crap hooked up to TVs. Unless you plan on bringing a TV too, you're just going to be wandering around Meydenbaur with a console.

Last year they didn't allow people to bring consoles into the convention. Hence the need for classic console night. Im seriously considering dragging a 20inch lcd tv to pax just so i have a tv to setup and play on. Wether they allow me to set it up in the red lion area is a whole 'nother matter :P
    Qs23 wrote:
    I am part of the CCSupertrip, so I could bring my own tv too...

I would love just to hook it up in my hotel room, but I've always had issues with the RF adapters and hotel TV's. Anybody got any pointers or helpful hints?

What kind and size? Im on the West coast super trip so it might be easier for me to do it. I don't have a fsking case for this sharp 20incher. Thats the only thing that really holds me back from bringing it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    i was going to bring a smaller one, but If I'm going with the 2600, which I am really leaning towards, I think I might grab the old tv with the rabbit ears out of the basement to complete the look. Cassette tapes of early 80's music to boot?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif