As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom vs Tatsunoko?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I should certainly hope so!

So, wait, is this going to be an arcade-type game, or is it being released on consoles?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I can't wait to see the look on Pie's face when the monkey and Pops are announced as the only characters... :P

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I can't wait to see the look on Pie's face when the monkey and Pops are announced as the only characters... :P

I would hardly complain about that! Especially if they somehow wrangled John Goodman in to voice Pops!

Chun-Li? More like a Non-Li.

Megaman? More like a Non-gaman

Shit that might even be better.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Speed is one of the names being tossed around 2ch for inclusion along with Video Girl Ai and Chris Redfield

Furu on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When I launch a super combo as one of the Sentai guys is it okay to scream " In the name of justice and love!" ?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now this is something I can get behind.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Speed is one of the names being tossed around 2ch for inclusion along with Video Girl Ai and Chris Redfield
    Chris Redfield? Fuck Chris Redfield!

Dante and Virgil! Maybe Nero but meh who cares about Nero..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also if this does get localized, since no one in America knows what Tatsunoko is, I vote for it being called "Capcom/Cartoon CHAOS!"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Chris Redfield? Fuck Chris Redfield!

Leon Kennedy!

fixed amirite?

Turkey on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also if this does get localized, since no one in America knows what Tatsunoko is, I vote for it being called "Capcom/Cartoon CHAOS!"

Capcom vs TOMY Manga Classics: Generations of Heroes (The TOMY logo would be small, emphasizing Capcom vs Manga Classics (alternatively, Anime Classics)).

There Capcom, I did your work for you, now release it to us starving international VS fans.

(Tatsunoko was bought by TOMY at some point, and TOMY has *barely* better name recognition than Tatsunoko would I think. Or at least easier to pronounce for most of the US population,)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »

Capcom vs TOMY Manga Classics: Generations of Heroes (The TOMY logo would be small, emphasizing Capcom vs Manga Classics (alternatively, Anime Classics)).

There Capcom, I did your work for you, now release it to us starving international VS fans.

(Tatsunoko was bought by TOMY at some point, and TOMY has *barely* better name recognition than Tatsunoko would I think. Or at least easier to pronounce for most of the US population,)

For the states they should just call it Capcom Vs SPEED RACER AND FRIENDS

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2008

For the states they should just call it Capcom Vs SPEED RACER... and Friends.

Fixed.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

For the states they should just call it Capcom Vs SPEED RACER AND FRIENDS

Fixed.

Yes, this.

Speed Racer could easily take on Capcom by himself.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Fixed.

Yes, this.

Gah, didn't give me enough time to emphasize "Capcom" and "Speed Racer" enough through edits :P

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Fixed.

Yes, this.

Gah, didn't give me enough time to emphasize "Capcom" and "Speed Racer" enough through edits :P

Hmm..
    YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOW!!!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Fixed.

Yes, this.

Hmm..
    YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOW!!!

?

youretooslow.png

Fig-D on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    man, I hope this comes out here, somehow.

Either that or they release it on the ps3.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, Dante and Speed Racer are such given characters that they probably won't have them. Just so they can save them for the sequel.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dante i could see them skipping, but theres no way in hell they could skip speed. its just not possible. it would be like capcom not putting ryu in the game.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Aside from Speed Racer it'd be pretty rad if Proto Man showed up.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    my capcom hopes

new:
    Hugo (sf3)
    Leon (re4)
    Lord Raptor (darkstalkers)
    Victor (darkstalkers)
    Arthur (ghosts n goblins)
    Dante (dmc)
    one of the safari guys from Buster Bros (Buster Bros)

previous vs games:
    T Bonne (theyve already got the servbots...)
    Son Son
    Captain Commando

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Funny that a weird capcom vs game seems to look much better than SF4.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Funny that a weird capcom vs game seems to look much better than SF4.

Matter of taste.

Mutequeen needs to be in it SO BADLY

Turkey on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh My God. It's the Japanese version of Seventies' Dazzler! With Rollerskates and everything! Rad to the Max.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Location test videos are up!

Judging from the lack of HD, it wouldn't surprise me to see a PS2/Wii release.

Turkey on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wanna see Frank West playable. That'd be fantastic.

Tairu on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hope we get more than just the Gessellschaft. Playable Mega Man and/or Tron Bonne? Day one.

Come on, Capcom, show us Legends fans some love.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    1jyou41369va1.jpg

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They better not botch Batsu like they did Kyosuke in CvS2.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have no clue what you are talking about, but sure.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Batsu and Kyosuke are both Rival Schools vets.

Kyosuke was terrible in Capcom VS SNK 2.

That's Batsu on the right(in blue).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Makes sense, seeing as I haven't played Rival Schools more than a handful of times.

He's not Speed Racer or Tron Bonne, so I care not.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The chances of this coming to the US are better than they might seem on the surface. Anime licensors in general have been going tits up at a rather high rate. Most notably for the sake of this game, ADV is basically hemorraging money from overzealous licensing. They have too many expensive properties and they aren't capable of maintaining them.

Hopefully, by the time TvC is ready to go, enough license-holders will be sunk or desperate enough that they'll agree to basically any deal.

Also, this game is going to kick so much ass you don't even know.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The chances of this coming to the US are better than they might seem on the surface. Anime licensors in general have been going tits up at a rather high rate. Most notably for the sake of this game, ADV is basically hemorraging money from overzealous licensing. They have too many expensive properties and they aren't capable of maintaining them.

Hopefully, by the time TvC is ready to go, enough license-holders will be sunk or desperate enough that they'll agree to basically any deal.

Please tell me Harmony Gold's one of them on the brink of death.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sorenson wrote: »

Oh don't you wish. A large group of people think Robotech was good. These deluded individuals gladly pay Harmony gold money for the shit merchandise they put out.

America will never get Macross.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Oh don't you wish. A large group of people think Robotech was good. These deluded individuals gladly pay Harmony gold money for the shit merchandise they put out.

Wut? Another company did put out Macross.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Wut? Another company did put out Macross.
    Macross is, surprisingly, NOT a sure thing here. The original series is a legal clusterfuck of property rights even in Japan. Tatsunoko, the series' co-producers Studio Nue, the series' sponsor Big West(an ad agency) and of course Harmony Gold were all involved in a series of lawsuits regarding the exact ownership of the franchise. This is how that ended up:

+Original Production: Tatsunoko.
    +Character/Mecha designs: Big West/Studio Nue (The important bit regarding TvC).

Harmony Gold's role in all this was kicking off the mess after their lawsuit to ban imports of Macross toys closed up. Their claim was that they and they alone controlled the Macross franchise outside Japan, which they do due to a bad judgement call on Tatsunoko's part. There is good news, though. Harmony Gold has been pretty much silent since May 2007. Their official webpage hasn't been updated since then. Also, they were pretty close with ADV, who shitcanned their Robotech/Macross releases just last week.

The death knell for two of the most infamously obstructive licensors in the US? We can only hope.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Famitsu interview.

*credits to sou from GameFAQs for translation*

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/article/1216898_1493.html

-Capcom was thinking about doing another fighting game different than SF4, came to the conclusion of a VS title but got stuck on what to VS with. Then Tatsunoko suddenly contacted them about whether Capcom would like to make a game base on their characters.

-They had a hard time choosing what characters to use. Not aiming for MvC2 size.

-They indeed have the idea of each main character for each series in mind. And the next wave of new characters will include some very surprising entries.

-The Tatsunoko side prefers using the more classic character than the newer ones.

-They chose to use 3D in order to apply camera movement for some anime-ish & dynamic performance.

Funny he kept saying this is not aimed at the middle-ages. Oh, and the bolded parts are bolded for emphasis.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    look at this new guy

10.jpg
    01.jpg
    12.jpg
    17.jpg

i cant wait for this game!

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Turkey wrote: »
    Famitsu interview.

*credits to sou from GameFAQs for translation*

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/article/1216898_1493.html

-Capcom was thinking about doing another fighting game different than SF4, came to the conclusion of a VS title but got stuck on what to VS with. Then Tatsunoko suddenly contacted them about whether Capcom would like to make a game base on their characters.

-They had a hard time choosing what characters to use. Not aiming for MvC2 size.

-They indeed have the idea of each main character for each series in mind. And the next wave of new characters will include some very surprising entries.

-The Tatsunoko side prefers using the more classic character than the newer ones.

-They chose to use 3D in order to apply camera movement for some anime-ish & dynamic performance.

Funny he kept saying this is not aimed at the middle-ages. Oh, and the bolded parts are bolded for emphasis.
    I think we can all but assume an appearance from Dante, Leon, and Speed now.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!