As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom vs Tatsunoko?

• Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited August 2008
    slated for the Wii?

that makes things easier.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    there's no way this is coming stateside :(

No way in hell. It would probably be easier to get SRW games over here than this.

That said, I'm praying for a PS3 port. A Wii port is apparently more likely, but I'd rather not have to buy a wiiloader.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »

No way in hell. It would probably be easier to get SRW games over here than this.

That said, I'm praying for a PS3 port. A Wii port is apparently more likely, but I'd rather not have to buy a wiiloader.
    Well, before I realized that the PS3 is region free (I honestly didn't know), the reason I said it was "so easy" on Wii is because all you REALLY need is the Twilight Hack since there are homebrew region-free loaders already available.

Granted, that does still involve buying an SD card and Twilight Princess, but considering the other wealth of homebrew it's an easy purchase to justify.

Still, if I had a PS3, I'd be all over wanting a port. I had no idea it was so FREE!

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes, a clearly Japanese product on the worst selling console in Japan is going to make bank.

I don't care about Japanese gamers. They spent $Texas on the IDOLM@STER. They can have that shit, just give me Capcom games.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is it bad that, while this game looks great, I only care about half of the roster?

This is what Capcom Fighting Jam should have been. Put Viewtiful Joe and Frank West in it and I'll be happy.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    and Poison.

>.>

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    and Poison.

>.>

Not a bad choice from Final Fight.

If they were doing more than 1 character per series, I would say add Poison, Hugo, Guy and Cody. If Zangief were in the game, add Hagger as well so that they can finally, uh, fight.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »

I'd think that'd be harder.

Only a select few of Tatsunoko's characters are here, with distrubition rights owned variously by ADV, Geneon, Manga, Urban Vision, whoever owns Speed Racer now and maybe a couple of others who either no longer exist or whose distribution rights have expired

While with SRW, you've got multiple companies letting their properties appear in the game, which are then distributed in the US by even more companies, creating a giant legal mess

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Is it bad that, while this game looks great, I only care about half of the roster?

It's only bad if you had no childhood.

Turkey on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Guys, we really should have Gene in the game.

Like, really.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think that goes with out saying.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Turkey wrote: »

My childhood was playing Capcom games.

Cokomon on
    post.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Beat me to it.

Was just thinking, it'd be cool if they at least brought the Capcom half over, maybe with some other Capcom characters to fill it out, or perhaps whatever Tatsunoko they could license...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Beat me to it.

Was just thinking, it'd be cool if they at least brought the Capcom half over, maybe with some other Capcom characters to fill it out, or perhaps whatever Tatsunoko they could license...

Release it as Capcom Fighting Jam 2?

Cokomon on
    post.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    When Marvel vs. Capcom first came out, and I heard they couldn't do the character swapping on PS1, I had pined for a "Capcom Super Heroes" to play opposite of their "Marvel Super Heroes."

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Beat me to it.

CFJ2 would be awesome if they did it right. The first CFJ was so broken and stupid. I still played the shit out of it, though.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Red or Alive on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't think the liscensing issues are as extreme as they are with Super Robot Wars or the Jump games, but I still really doubt we'll ever see CvT over here.

It might be turned into MvC 3 though, which would probably make people pretty happy.

Also if it does come out on Wii it will be real import friendly.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Beat me to it.

CFJ2 would be awesome if they did it right. The first CFJ was so broken and stupid. I still played the shit out of it, though.

I could see that really working. Maybe then we'll see Dante in a fighting game.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This week's Famitsu confirms what we all knew in our hearts to be true; this game is coming out for Wii.

America? Probably not. But at least it is coming out to consoles.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This has a better chance than NamcoXCapcom, at least.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If this makes it here, and Samurai Pizza Cats are confirmed, this is a first-dayer.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not really. I'd say less.

Namco owned all their rights, so did Capcom. They just never got it together for the US. Also the game is bad.

This game is confirmed awesome.

Both of those titles had a better chance than something like JSS or SRW. Those are two titles you will never ever see over here because of liscensing issues.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I enjoyed NxC, aside from every battle playing out almost exactly the same way(handful of good characters VS handful of evil ones, kill them, dozens more show up, kill one or two, dozens more of good characters with a few new arrivals show up, boss arrives, boss retreats, repeat).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not really. I'd say less.

Namco owned all their rights, so did Capcom. They just never got it together for the US. Also the game is bad.

This game is confirmed awesome.

Both of those titles had a better chance than something like JSS or SRW. Those are two titles you will never ever see over here because of liscensing issues.

Actually, Capcom offered to localize and publish Namco X Capcom in the US.

Namco didn't want to do it because it had too many characters that people didn't know about in the US.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Namco didn't do it because, well, they are Namco.

They make odd decisions. SC III single platform. The Tales series since Symphonia. Other weird platform choices.

I've played through NxC and that excuse is a bit thin. Especially in this day of the internet. Don't know who someone is? Look them up! Honestly I'm not a huge Namco fan yet I still knew who most of those fuckers were.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It would've sold like hotcakes just because it had characters from Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Xenosaga in it.

Not to mention Soul Calibur, Darkstalkers, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil (sort of), etc.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Namco didn't do it because, well, they are Namco.

They make odd decisions. SC III single platform. The Tales series since Symphonia. Other weird platform choices.

I've played through NxC and that excuse is a bit thin. Especially in this day of the internet. Don't know who someone is? Look them up! Honestly I'm not a huge Namco fan yet I still knew who most of those fuckers were.

SCIII was PS2 only because EA was going to publish it. They backed out, Sony came in. Of course, since they were Sony, they were only going to publish it for PS2..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=9474&c_num=14 (via http://www.insertcredit.com/)
    TvC's home version will be on the Wii, which is somewhat less import friendly than other consoles - maybe it'll get a PS2 port as well? Gpara has screens of both the main home game, and the minigames that'll come with it, including the crappy-looking shooting gallery you see to the left.

so i guess my only hope is that the Wii port isnt the only home port in the works... because if this doesnt come out for the ps3 im gonna be a sad Pook

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=9474&c_num=14 (via http://www.insertcredit.com/)
    TvC's home version will be on the Wii, which is somewhat less import friendly than other consoles - maybe it'll get a PS2 port as well? Gpara has screens of both the main home game, and the minigames that'll come with it, including the crappy-looking shooting gallery you see to the left.

so i guess my only hope is that the Wii port isnt the only home port in the works... because if this doesnt come out for the ps3 im gonna be a sad Pook

BULLSHIT

With an easy install of the twilight hack you can play imports no problem, infact its more import friendly then the 360 aside from the region free games.

Also its on a Wii arcade board reportedly so don't expect any other consoles getting this.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The arcade board it is running off of is Wii based architecture.

Plus this is a fairly niche game, so I'd imagine it only being released on the dominant platform and most likely only in Japan.

The chance of it becoming Marvel vs X and getting a NA version though? Pretty damn high.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd get it if it was on PS2! It should be on PS2.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !!!

Did not expect to see her again. She needs to have her MvC theme song back.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Huh. Rock from the Legends series, Roll from the Numbered Series... we *could* see Zero or Vile from the X series or Zero from the Zero series...

Just a thought.

Also I want Dante too.

Also Speed Racer damnit.

And Macross characters because Tatsunoko has a hand in that. But I kinda doubt it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Orion3GOrion3G Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Huh. Rock from the Legends series, Roll from the Numbered Series... we *could* see Zero or Vile from the X series or Zero from the Zero series...

Just a thought.

Also I want Dante too.

Also Speed Racer damnit.

And Macross characters because Tatsunoko has a hand in that. But I kinda doubt it.

"The upcoming issue of Famitsu announces an interesting 2D fighting game match-up: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes. Yes, that Tatsunoko, you know, the studio behind TV anime Speed Racer, Casshern and what Westerners know as Robotech."

The very first post confirms Speed Racer, bud.

Can't wait for this game. I love the VS series.. been playing them ever since the Saturn days.

Orion3G on
  • Options
    Orion3GOrion3G Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Otsego wrote: »
    Here's some clean shots.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

This is some nice looking 3d. The shading is really interestingly done.

Edit: Also nice seeing Capcom putting Shinkiro to good use. That concept art is great.

wow, absolutely beautiful. The one side shot of Ryu makes him honestly look 2D the way the models are done. This should be great :D.

Orion3G on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Orion3G wrote: »
    Fig-D wrote: »

Just a thought.

Also I want Dante too.

Also Speed Racer damnit.

"The upcoming issue of Famitsu announces an interesting 2D fighting game match-up: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes. Yes, that Tatsunoko, you know, the studio behind TV anime Speed Racer, Casshern and what Westerners know as Robotech."

The very first post confirms Speed Racer, bud.

Can't wait for this game. I love the VS series.. been playing them ever since the Saturn days.

That... doesn't exactly confirm Speed Racer, it just identifies Tatsunoko to the unfamiliar.

Surely Speed's in the game, though.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not having Speed Racer would be ridiculous and stupid. Stupidiculous.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    speed racer is assumed. not having speed racer would be like capcom not including ryu in the lineup.

Ah_Pook on