As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom vs Tatsunoko?

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    New Trailer! Just as awesome!

As if I wasn't pumped enough already for this release. The new trailer is super awesome. Nice to see some Yatterman character footage too. :)

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Using the Twilight Hack to play imports is independent of the Wii's Firmware right? My Wii is going in for repairs and I don't know if Nintendo would update my firmware or what. I haven't used the Twilight Hack for anything before so I'm completely in the dark.

Side question: anything else worth importing for the Wii? I haven't been keeping up with Japanese Wii releases.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Side question: anything else worth importing for the Wii? I haven't been keeping up with Japanese Wii releases.

Only one that I can remember from top of my head would be Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To shoot off on a tangent (I'm out of touch) I have a Japanese Wii, so playing imports isn't hard, but is there a hack out there for playing US games on it?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They...they put in the mech from Lost Planet. Awesome!

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To shoot off on a tangent (I'm out of touch) I have a Japanese Wii, so playing imports isn't hard, but is there a hack out there for playing US games on it?

Yeah, there is a homebrew app called Gecko OS that lets you play games from any region. I believe it also works for NTSC-J systems.

RockinX on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PunkBoy wrote: »

Are there any new-ish characters other than this? Or is it pretty much the same selection from previous vs. games?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Are there any new-ish characters other than this? Or is it pretty much the same selection from previous vs. games?

Looking at it only four characters seem to have been in previous Versus games that I can think of. Well, the Tag-Team, over the top versus games, not the more serious Capcom vs. SNK ones (I didn't play those). Those being Ryu, Chun Li, Morrigan, and Roll. And from the looks of it Roll is being changed up so she might as well be a new character. I know the guy from Onimusha has never been in any of the vs. games before, neither has Mega Man Volnut. I don't believe Alex has either (though he has been in fighting games before so I guess he might not count), Batsu hasn't either I believe.

I'm hoping we see a few more new characters announced, either as Wii exclusive ones or whatever, that broaden the number of series Capcom has represented here. Like maybe Arthur from the Ghosts & Goblins series.

Timestones on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who didn't have an erection as they read this? (assuming that you had it after you realized who Tatsunoko was)

edit: It suddenly pisses me off to see that Karas is in this game after I have read his wiki last month and know his genetic history, and to see it after I read the "awesome" reported post from the Wubba woo thread about hermaphroditic fetuses in the womb committing quadruple acts of incest.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    elkatas wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Have they announced what if any systems it's going to be for?

It's coming for Wii. As running imports with Wii is pretty easy these days (you only need SD-card and Twilight Princess), this shouldn't be issue. And before someone argues that Wii isn't able to run this, arcade game runs on Wii based hardware. Plus game uses only four buttons, so it is perfectly playable with wiimote + nunchuk combo.

weak, medium, strong.. whats the 4th button?

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Timestones wrote: »

Looking at it only four characters seem to have been in previous Versus games that I can think of. Well, the Tag-Team, over the top versus games, not the more serious Capcom vs. SNK ones (I didn't play those). Those being Ryu, Chun Li, Morrigan, and Roll. And from the looks of it Roll is being changed up so she might as well be a new character. I know the guy from Onimusha has never been in any of the vs. games before, neither has Mega Man Volnut. I don't believe Alex has either (though he has been in fighting games before so I guess he might not count), Batsu hasn't either I believe.

I'm hoping we see a few more new characters announced, either as Wii exclusive ones or whatever, that broaden the number of series Capcom has represented here. Like maybe Arthur from the Ghosts & Goblins series.

Personally I'd love to see Frank West.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    scootch wrote: »

It's coming for Wii. As running imports with Wii is pretty easy these days (you only need SD-card and Twilight Princess), this shouldn't be issue. And before someone argues that Wii isn't able to run this, arcade game runs on Wii based hardware. Plus game uses only four buttons, so it is perfectly playable with wiimote + nunchuk combo.

EDIT: I thought it had the same layout from MvC2. I was wrong.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

It's the tag button, and apparently used for a number of things. Tagging out, assist (like the two assist buttons in MvC2), counters, the "baroque" attacks, and tagging out of air and hyper combos.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zxerol wrote: »

It's the tag button, and apparently used for a number of things. Tagging out, assist (like the two assist buttons in MvC2), counters, the "baroque" attacks, and tagging out of air and hyper combos.

ah, tag.. I can't believe I blanked on that.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    edited October 2008

There will be few characters that aren't announced yet. In TGS demo version, select screen had group of black silhouetes amongst other character. It was pretty much impossible to say which silhouette belonged to who because in select screen, characters were represented with cute, deformed chibis. But one of the silhouettes did remind me about Phoenix Wright plushie.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    stick.jpg

December, 6300 yen.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    stick.jpg

December, 6300 yen.

Forgive my lack of knowledge concerning arcade sticks, but Hori is supposed to be the best, right? I've seen other Capcom design sticks before. Does Capcom internally make their own, or do they have another company (like Hori maybe) make them?

What I'm getting at is, if I were to invest in a set of arcade sticks, would this one be a good bet? The design is just awesome.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Word on the internet street says that they announced Ippatsuman, Saki (that's obscure), and Viewtiful Joe at Capcom's big fighting game event today.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Word on the internet street says that they announced Ippatsuman, Saki (that's obscure), and Viewtiful Joe at Capcom's big fighting game event today.

Correct.

TatsunokovsCapcom-ViewtifulJoe-c20081103_vs_07_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

TatsunokovsCapcom-ViewtifulJoe-c20081103_vs_08_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

TatsunokovsCapcom-c20081103_vs_05_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Gaf didn't have any gameplay pictures of Ippu, so this needs to be enough for now:

t6277.jpg

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is this what sex feels like?

setrajonas on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »

Correct.
    TatsunokovsCapcom-c20081103_vs_05_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

o_O
    :winky:

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Joe looks weird without any cell shading.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

totally awesome.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is great.

I just wonder how he will control. If his V-watch affects everyone, he could be the new Shin Akuma.

RockinX on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Errr... I saw that picture and went "oooh neat a girl with a gun-- HOLY SHIT ROLL?! OH SHIT YES IT IS!" Top right character icon. And romanji.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    TatsunokovsCapcom-ViewtifulJoe-c20081103_vs_07_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

TatsunokovsCapcom-ViewtifulJoe-c20081103_vs_08_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Well it's official: this game will be a day 1 import for me.

Timestones on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Definately going to the darkside and installing hte homebrew channel for this one :D

[tiny]Also for disaster: Day of Crisis.[/tiny]

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh yeah, Roll is in it.

Guess it was easyer to add her as the joke chracter instead of Servbot.

Conan-san on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hating you. so hard.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Saki is vaguely familiar, what's she from?

Fig-D on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiz_Nanairo_Dreams
    One of the female characters in Quiz Nanairo Dreams, Saki Kanebou, appears as a helper character in the Capcom fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes and a playable character in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh shit, I thought she was some Tatsunoko character. It didn't even click that she was an assist from MvC. Thanks man.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ah yeah I remember her in MvC.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Mr. New LogicMr. New Logic Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    I need to import this game. And learn japanese.

Mr. New Logic on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man

Oh man

Viewtiful Joe being in this just raised my interest level

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I need to import this game. And learn japanese.

Word.

I told myself about 7 years ago that I would start to learn the language. I've looked at one of the alphabets twice.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Oh man

Oh man

Viewtiful Joe's inclusion just reminds me that capcom needs to make another goddamn VJ game. :x

Guek on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Guek wrote: »
    Oh man

Oh man

Viewtiful Joe's inclusion just reminds me that capcom needs to make another goddamn VJ game. :x

I really, really hope they don't, considering Clover's gone and most of the VJ games after the first one were travesties.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh man

Oh man

I really, really hope they don't, considering Clover's gone and most of the VJ games after the first one were travesties.

If anything that'd probably mean it would be less likely to suck, since the original Viewtiful Joe was the only one not made by Clover. :P

Timestones on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh man

Oh man

If anything that'd probably mean it would be less likely to suck, since the original Viewtiful Joe was the only one not made by Clover. :P

wait, i got it messed up ;___;
    sorry
    I had VJ1 on PS2 (had the clover logo) and i though RHR was capcom, sorry.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png