something around the mouth area that looks a huge moustach
    crazy diabolik eyes
    oh
    and a cock bulge huge enough to make captain marvel feel funny

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So i haven't been keeping up with the New X-men, is Fantomex' power than he can dropped from a great altitude onto his skull and survive?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ugh, Fantomex is a terrible character and looks like a GI Joe reject.

His power is that he has a spaceship.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    runaways2-21preview_large.jpg
    just kidding
    63229354858.11.GIF

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Ugh, Fantomex is a terrible character..

How so? He was one of my favorite things about that run. I loved the idea that a European superdude would take after all the Euro comics about super-thieves, super-spies, etc.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Ugh, Fantomex is a terrible character..

How so? He was one of my favorite things about that run. I loved the idea that a European superdude would take after all the Euro comics about super-thieves, super-spies, etc.

I just didn't enjoy him. It might be because prior to reading the arc I had heard tons of "OMG FANTOMEX IS JAWSOME!" and then when I actually read it he just didn't live up to the expectation.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fantomex isn't really that awesome... or... I mean the idea is that he was engineered to be a badass comic-book character, essentially.

Also: not really European.

august on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    august wrote: »
    Fantomex isn't really that awesome... or... I mean the idea is that he was engineered to be a badass comic-book character, essentially.

I thought he was basivally Fantomas - a European character co-opted by Marvel.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fantomex was fucking awesome.

But then I actually liked Magneto going drug-crazy and actually being completely evil for once so maybe I'm weird but I just loved all of New X-Men

The dream is dead, Charles. Probably the greatest line of all time.
    And then wolverine just all kinds of decapitates him fuck yes

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yes but the character Fantomex was grown in The World. He's not really European. He's speaks with a French accent because he thinks it sounds cool.

august on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

But then I actually liked Magneto going drug-crazy and actually being completely evil for once so maybe I'm weird but I just loved all of New X-Men

I enjoyed the whole run as well, yes.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I liked the run and hated the retcon of Xorn but having the guy with the metal skeleton kill Magneto has always irked me

every magneto vs wolverine fight should end with wolverine having the adamantium stripped from his bones and squeezed out through his pores
    (without the ensuing crazy feral wolverine and 90s outfits)

valiance on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I ignored all of the immediate retcons by not reading what came afterwards.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    valiance wrote: »

I liked the run and hated the retcon of Xorn but having the guy with the metal skeleton kill Magneto has always irked me

every magneto vs wolverine fight should end with wolverine having the adamantium stripped from his bones and squeezed out through his pores

I think it kind of made sense since Magneto was a bit distracted at the time

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not to mention fucked up on drugs

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    valiance wrote: »

Personally i'd be happy if every wolvie vs Magneto fight ended with Wolverine just automatically lying down on the floor with his hands behind his head. He's been attacking the bloke for so long he should know exactly whats going to happen by now.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The whole run was pretty horrible. Seriously. Grant Morrison raped and killed Magneto and peed on his corpse. The ensuing retcons and following comics were not amazing or anything, but they were needed.

Tim Bradsheet is the best cover artist of all time, though. ALL of his Punisher comics were amazing.

punisher2001_22_cover.jpg

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The whole run was pretty horrible. Seriously. Grant Morrison raped and killed Magneto and peed on his corpse. The ensuing retcons and following comics were not amazing or anything, but they were needed.

I didn't see the need for it, at least not as soon as they occurred. I wouldn't have minded a few years without a Magneto to feel the effects of it. And didn't they make Xorn a real, different character? because that was retarded; he worked so well as the plot device that he was.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008

Yes but the character Fantomex was grown in The World. He's not really European. He's speaks with a French accent because he thinks it sounds cool.

Wasn't The World in Britain, though?

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yes/no/maybe. It doesn't matter, from what I remember. The World was completely self-contained. It was its own reality.

DouglasDanger on