As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problems logging in/account not activated?

zeppelinzeppelin Registered User regular
I'll cut to the chase:

I registered a couple/few days ago, and was initially logged in. I left, and when I tried logging back in, it wouldn't let me. I never got an activation e-mail, so I sent an email to the forumadmin@penny-arcade.com asking to have my account reactivated. I never got a confirmation that it was, but I tried logging in again, and, here I am.

It has been doing this to me, logging me in, then claiming a problem right after. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I thought I would let those in charge know.

zeppelin on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I don't let Firefox have any cookies. At least, not the digital-interweb type.

Another oddity - If I log in using the link on the upper-right, it rejects me every time. If I reply to a topic and log in, it seems to work all the time.

Just odd.

zeppelin on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2006
    I have the exact same problem.
    Must hit reply to login, the main screen NEVER works.

Regards,

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited June 2006
    Sometimes there is weirdness regarding penny-arcade.com vs. www.penny-arcade.com

I don't know for sure but it may play a factor.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Which would be better? I use the www. variant.

zeppelin on