As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

13»

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't know why, but I seem to remember Mulder having one of the barest apartments ever.

I might be thinking of the episode with the creepy writer who can affect events in the real world, though.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think they say on the DVD that Mulder's bed (or the lack thereof) was an in-joke in the online community. He probably slept on his couch, yeah.

I would've loved to have been part of the online fanbase at the time. Apparently there is a multitude of little jokes/nods from the forums that they put into the series.

Edit: I also seem to recall one of the episodes being dedicated to a forum member who died. It's pretty surreal.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't know why, but I seem to remember Mulder having one of the barest apartments ever.

I might be thinking of the episode with the creepy writer who can affect events in the real world, though.

No he did he was very minimalist mostly because he had no life besides the X-Files and finding his sister.

His office had more decoration.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    At the beginning of season 6 his apartment gets pimped.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ValicValic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just finished watching all the episodes in Chronological order.

Timeless series minus the pre-mentioned episdoes.

For those people watching the Vampire one with Luke Wilson, watch in slow motion when Mulder is knocked on the ground in the hotel room and grabs a stake!

Valic on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For a while, I actually thought the big twist of the series would be that the alien-infiltrated government had been using Mulder and the X-Files to catalog and systematically eliminate Earth's assorted weirdness to rid the planet of unpredictable forces which might hinder an invasion.

I actually don't remember how the series really ended, because I was watching on and off by that point.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    For a while, I actually thought the big twist of the series would be that the alien-infiltrated government had been using Mulder and the X-Files to catalog and systematically eliminate Earth's assorted weirdness to rid the planet of unpredictable forces which might hinder an invasion.

I actually don't remember how the series really ended, because I was watching on and off by that point.

It didn't 'end' per se. The fight goes on, or some such.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Was that how they'd planned to end the series all along or for a while, or was it a rushed conclusion?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Was that how they'd planned to end the series all along or for a while, or was it a rushed conclusion?

I have no clue, although it seemed they were trying to continue it with the Lone Rangers spinoff.

Kagera on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One of the most weirdly touching moments was Scully asking Clyde Bruckman how she died, to which he replied "You don't."

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    DraculaDracula DARCUL DAS WAMPY Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I think they say on the DVD that Mulder's bed (or the lack thereof) was an in-joke in the online community. He probably slept on his couch, yeah.

I would've loved to have been part of the online fanbase at the time. Apparently there is a multitude of little jokes/nods from the forums that they put into the series.

Edit: I also seem to recall one of the episodes being dedicated to a forum member who died. It's pretty surreal.

I don't remember if they dedicated an episode to her, but they named a minor later season character after her.

I don't remember the character's name, but she was introduced as a fellow FBI agent who was a huge fan of Mulder and his work. In the episode she pointed out various inconsistencies and plot holes in previous episodes and the movie.

Also, yeah, the whole thing with him having no bed was an in joke.

Dracula on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Dracula wrote: »
    Cherrn wrote: »

I don't remember if they dedicated an episode to her, but they named a minor later season character after her.

I don't remember the character's name, but she was introduced as a fellow FBI agent who was a huge fan of Mulder and his work. In the episode she pointed out various inconsistencies and plot holes in previous episodes and the movie.

Also, yeah, the whole thing with him having no bed was an in joke.

I remember that episode ending with the FBI Agent asking how Mulder and Scully made it back from Antarctica at the end of the first movie.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I have no clue, although it seemed they were trying to continue it with the Lone Rangers spinoff.
    That was a prequel, my good man.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Lone Gunmen

Dracula on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cimmerii wrote: »
    The monster of the week episodes were my favorite, I loved it where they were deep into the series and were putting out awesome eps without taking themselves too seriously. Sadly the last few seasons were 'meh' at best ):
    It's hilarious how everyone, without fail, who takes over Mulder's body/morphs to look like him/replaces his life/whatever, attempts to nail Scully. Small Potatoes being my favorite example of this. :winky:

Hollywood A.D. is the one with Gary Shandling/ Tea Leoni playing Mulder and Scully. Season 7.

"Is that your flashlight, Mulder, or... you just happy to be lying on top of me?"

Hey, Scully, guess what. Skinner's calling me from the bath tub.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I watched the whole first season of this show and now it seems my local video store will never, ever find the second one.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wasn't there an Episode with a character called Homer working in a power station?

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Hey, Scully, guess what. Skinner's calling me from the bath tub.

It's still me, Mulder.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I watched the whole first season of this show and now it seems my local video store will never, ever find the second one.

Netflix!

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I can't believe I said Lone Rangers...eesh.
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I don't think so considering
    they died at the end of the season

Oh, DUH....nevermind I got my chronology wrong.

Kagera on
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cimmerii wrote: »
    The monster of the week episodes were my favorite, I loved it where they were deep into the series and were putting out awesome eps without taking themselves too seriously. Sadly the last few seasons were 'meh' at best ):
    It's hilarious how everyone, without fail, who takes over Mulder's body/morphs to look like him/replaces his life/whatever, attempts to nail Scully. Small Potatoes being my favorite example of this. :winky:

Hollywood A.D. is the one with Gary Shandling/ Tea Leoni playing Mulder and Scully. Season 7.

"Is that your flashlight, Mulder, or... you just happy to be lying on top of me?"

Wouldnt you want to nail 90's era Gillian Anderson? I remember having such a boy crush on her =P

And for the Record, favorite episode: The mobile home park with the vampires (the one with Luke Wilson).

Mulder: Who's the black private dick who's a sex machine with all the chicks? Shaft! Can you dig it? They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother-shut your mouth! I'm talkin' bout Shaft!
    Mulder: [voiceover] I did not!

:D Bad Blood.
    When Mulder up and stakes the redhaired kid from Sandlot, you know it's the beginning of a great episode.

Quote train ho!:
    Mulder: Have you noticed that this man's shoes are untied?

Scully: [voiceover] Having completed the autopsy, I checked into the Davey Crockett Motor Court. [Name appears at bottom of screen]
    Mulder: It was actually the Sam Houston Motor Lodge. [Type corrects itself]

Scully: Tonight? I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Scully: What do you mean you want me to do another autopsy? And why do we have to do it right now? I've just spent hours on my feet doing an autopsy, all for you. I do it all for you, Mulder. You know I haven't eaten since six o'clock this morning and all that was was half of a cream cheese bagel. And it wasn't even real cream cheese it was light cream cheese. And now you want me to run off and do another autopsy...? [Scully finally notices that Mulder is covered in mud] What the hell happened to you?

Skinner: No, his... throat was bitten... it was sort of... gnawed... on. [Mulder and Scully look at each other and then back at Skinner] Daylight's burning, Agents! [Skinner closes his door]
    Scully: What? He was dead!
    Mulder: I noticed that.
    Scully: With a stake through his heart!
    Mulder: I noticed that too.

One of my favoritest episodes. Along with How the Ghosts Stole Christmas. And War of the Coprophages, Arcadia, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Humbug, Small Potatoes, The Unnatural, Hollywood A.D... There's more but I better shutup. :rotate:

And KillSwitch!

Episode Guide

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Jose Chung's from Outer Space is definitely my favorite.

Lord Kimbote.

Dracula on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I remember loving the one with Peter Boyle as the miserable psychic

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I liked it when he got caught up on what type of pie Mulder stepped in before the dude was going to kill him.

Dracula on